Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 103 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

🎥 The first interview with Jamie Brandon is now available to view on YouTube.

https://t.co/UvBmEnMAjU 

He refers to recent results making the move something he was looking forward to.

I said as much on Saturday night, that before the last two games potential targets may well have thought "ah'm no goin there" 

However, those two results will hopefully have made us more attractive to potential signings.

Had high hopes for him but from day one he looked like a lost wee boy used to youth football coming to a league where the pace and aggression was too much for him to handle, at least at this stage of his career.

Wish him well in his future career. Hopefully we can get someone else in. I see jake hastie left Partick to go back to rangers. Can't say I've seen him since his career has fallen off a cliff but we could use his pace and power on the wings if he still has it. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Had high hopes for him but from day one he looked like a lost wee boy used to youth football coming to a league where the pace and aggression was too much for him to handle, at least at this stage of his career.

Wish him well in his future career. Hopefully we can get someone else in. I see jake hastie left Partick to go back to rangers. Can't say I've seen him since his career has fallen off a cliff but we could use his pace and power on the wings if he still has it. 

Aye, expected more from Allan. Newcastle fans seemed to rate him as a prospect but I guess their judgement has never been that sound.

Did wonder about Hastie once it was announced he was going back to Rangers seeing as we were apparently in for him in the summer.

Hopefully the club are speaking to certain players about new deals.

Lyon, Strapp, Ledger, Gozie and Hamilton particularly.

Reilly is out of contract at the end of the season so should be all over that too.

Even add a relegation clause should the worst happen.

5 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

We're seemingly interested in Mason Robertson who plays for his old man's team Real Kashmir

Excited. Heard he's a silky player. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

11 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The latter, as per. The same page that gave us a good chance of signing a *wait for it* out of contract player upon expiry of contract.

Aye, seen several media outlets saying a few Championship clubs are looking at Robertson, but only seen that loonball spewing names.

Think today proved how much we need some midfield reinforcements in the squad ASAP.

Blues, Lyon and Oliver have done really well recently but we need more options in there. Add some quality and we will be fine this season. 

I know Jacobs has been in and out this season but he hasn't looked great. Still a valuable member of the squad but not deserving of a starting place currently.

If Lyon gets injured, we're fucked.

Jacobs hasn't been missed at all and I m far from convinced he's worth a wage as a squad option. He doesn't play the same way as Lyon, and he's not in the same position as Oliver, and Blues for his faults is far more mobile and has been quite good recently. 

I'd rather we take a punt on someone else. 

EOho8Pw.png

We should prioritise adding a different option this window, before deciding what to do in summer.

I'm not convinced that the current setup will remain an automatic choice, including the Oliver role. Imrie strikes me as a pragmatist: it won't work all the time anyway, and so long as we sensibly adjust, that'll be fine.

We're one or two absences from having our hand forced in that area of the park though. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Used to think Jacobs was half decent. But for the most part of this season every time I have seen he has been honking. Giving away fouls constantly no pace no real eye for a pass and really contributing absolutely nothing. 

If we are still hopefully looking at players then I think we really need a creative midfielder yesterday they all put in a shift but we really lacked quality. Back up goalkeeper is also needed even though he won't replace Hamilton but competition is always healthy also maybe another option up front but l would say midfield is a priority. 

Also get Lyons, Strapp, Hamilton, Ugwu and Ledger signed up for next season and try and get Reilly if his contract is up with livy. 

1 hour ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Used to think Jacobs was half decent. But for the most part of this season every time I have seen he has been honking. Giving away fouls constantly no pace no real eye for a pass and really contributing absolutely nothing. 

If we are still hopefully looking at players then I think we really need a creative midfielder yesterday they all put in a shift but we really lacked quality. Back up goalkeeper is also needed even though he won't replace Hamilton but competition is always healthy also maybe another option up front but l would say midfield is a priority. 

Also get Lyons, Strapp, Hamilton, Ugwu and Ledger signed up for next season and try and get Reilly if his contract is up with livy. 

Pretty much agree with all of this, particularly the extensions as we are in danger of having to start from scratch next season if we don’t act soon.

We look a far better team under Imrie. Players in the correct position, the right players selected, better tactics most of the time. Shows Gus up for the useless haddy he is. Reilly is a prime example - now looks dangerous whereas under Gus he was invisible.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived