Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 102 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a rightback. Hadn't seen his name mentioned for a while and it seems he's just making his way back from a cruciate injury. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Nice,RWB clearly a weak area, especially if Ledger continues to play in the middle. Hynes done well yesterday but it's the weakest area of the squad so glad Imrie has seen this early.

He's not played much football but seems highly regarded by Hearts, looking forward to seeing what he can do. .

I remember him playing well in that 4-0 bodying of Celtic years back but a name I haven’t seen much of since. Definitely an area we needed someone in for though. I like Hynes, but shouldn’t be starting him every week.

Happy with that. There are going to be question marks about his fitness with how long it's been since he had a regular uninterrupted run of first team football, but before his injury problems he was trusted to play in the top flight. Hopefully playing every week is the platform to show he's still capable of being the same player and if that's the case we've got a solid upgrade on what we had.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Glad we've signed a right back. Ledger, while solid defensively, offers nothing moving forward (and I don't even mean just in terms of crossing or impact further up the pitch) and Hynes isn't quite strong enough all round to be relied on in that role. My view hasn't changed on this since since the start of the season. 

Hopefully he does well. Imrie has done a good job in identifying an area to be strengthened imo. 

I've been impressed with Imrie so far.  Not afraid to change the team when needed, either before kick off or during the game.  Seems to recognise our weaknesses and which players are best in which positions.  The team selection no longer done by roulette wheel.  Let's see if he can keep it up at Ayr on Saturday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

27 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I've been impressed with Imrie so far.  Not afraid to change the team when needed, either before kick off or during the game.  Seems to recognise our weaknesses and which players are best in which positions.  The team selection no longer done by roulette wheel.  Let's see if he can keep it up at Ayr on Saturday.

As Andy Ritchie said in commentary on Saturday,

"Maybe he has told the players what they needed to hear, rather than what they wanted to hear"

In my opinion, that's probably spot on.

Quite incredible that it took Dougie 5 mins to realise we needed a RB yet Gus, Anton and Hopkin all failed to address it for a year and a half since Tumilty left.

Fjortoft, Ledger, Mcalister, Jacobs,Omar, Salkeld all had stints playing there, Blues too maybe for a game or 2 and of course Hynes who's the only natural RB on that list.

2 hours ago, Madton said:

Quite incredible that it took Dougie 5 mins to realise we needed a RB yet Gus, Anton and Hopkin all failed to address it for a year and a half since Tumilty left.

Fjortoft, Ledger, Mcalister, Jacobs,Omar, Salkeld all had stints playing there, Blues too maybe for a game or 2 and of course Hynes who's the only natural RB on that list.

Welsh too while on loan from Celtic was more often than not played out of position at RB. 

Looks a handy bit of business by Imrie and the club. 

Highly rated at hearts and hynes who is the current right back is arguably the weakest link in the 1st 11. Ledger should be at centre back and a decent manager like Imrie knows that. I would hope for a backup keeper which was clearly a priority and a creative midfielder. 

Also is there any word on Allan or McEntee? Are they away back to Newcastle or in the squad seems a long time that we have seen either of them. 

Archived