Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 100 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Checked in with an former colleague who now works for Brentford B about Oksanen:

You’ve got an absolute gem in Jaakko. Plays as a number 6 and will retain the ball very well. Doesn’t always pass forward quickly as much as you’d like but he won’t often lose the ball. Very strong, Finland youth international. Went to Wimbledon and played a fair bit last season but when their new manager came in his chances were limited. Don’t expect to see him in the Premier League with us but he’s a very likeable player. Very shy and quiet, hoping you guys can bring his character out a bit!

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Oisin McEntee plays the 90 minutes at number 5 for Ireland Under 21s as they win 2-0 away in Bosnia.

The spiritual and indeed literal successor to Sir Gavin?

EOho8Pw.png

And they're wearing matching shirts on the announcement photo. It's like all our Christmases have come at once.

(If they're being phased into the first team squad I'm glad we've got them signed up again. Good stuff.)

EOho8Pw.png

• 3 weeks later...

Initial reaction was disappointment as I think he has something about him but he's realistically not going to get much game time so if he can go away and play every week and come back ready for the first team like Strapp or Iredale then it can only be a good thing. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Oksanen called up to Finland u21 squad as a replacement. Assume that will be him unavailable for Montrose game then. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The exception for goalkeepers is 7 day emergency loans at a time which can be renewed; I would expect (and agree with) us being told to do one if we try to do that for months having chosen to let someone leave days after the window closed.

Any old free agent it is. We just need to hope Hamilton stays fit and maintains his excellent form so far, but the embarrassment of going without a second choice goalkeeper can't be allowed to happen again.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 5:28 PM, vikingTON said:

Get rid: everyone and everything available - including some of the ringers who signed new deals but might be BSC Glasgow's next big thing instead. 

Hybrid structure from next season with full-time training only for a select group of younger players - who might benefit from focusing on strength and stamina to compete in a man's game - and part-time training and contracts for the remainder of the squad only. No more pretending that these jobbers merit a fifteen year career from professional football: not until we're back attracting players who can trap, pass and finish a fucking ball. 

Now is the time for the new board to bite the bullet and put in place a more rational model than the current one, which has clearly failed. This will also need a new manager. 

On 5/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, vikingTON said:

This is why we can't have a competent football club. Slither past a team that finished midtable in the seaside league AET and suddenly start thinking we have the making of a decent side. We don't. 

I'm not sure where you think the solution to 'paying peanuts' is going to come from; though as ever the monumental nick of our club's finances are nothing compared to the prospect of a grim dogfight in the right tier!!!11!!! next season. 

As award-winning, fact-based analysis goes, the vindication on this was all too predictable. 

009__034__managers__David_Irons_crop__1295001492_standard (1).jpg

We are squandering the enormous opportunity of a fresh start to connect the first team to the fanbase on the altar of a particularly gubbins, late Rae era fucking loser management team.

It's time to say enough. E-fucking-nough. Both this management team and the squad structure that they work within are both fucking useless and have to go. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived