Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 99 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Surely Muirhead has to go out on loan now. He's well down the pecking order and doesn't offer what Ugwu, Reilly, Knowles or even Oliver does. Get him out to a League One club and let him find his level.  

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Is Reece your lovechild from an illicit affair by any chance?

He seems to get progressively better the less he plays.  It can't be coincidence that McPherson is the third manager to not overly rate him.  

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Lyon was a decent player before lockdown, but he's not progressing while he's on the bench most of the time.  I cannot see why Blues gets picked before him.  That says more about our managers than about the players themselves.  We need a bit more aggression in midfield.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Lyon has regressed and at the moment doesn't appear to have much in the way of potential development. There's some mitigation to be offered that he didn't seem to get a regular run in the team under Hopkin, but when four different managers can't find a regular space in the team, especially given we finished 9th last year, then the player has to take personal responsibility for their situation. 

1 hour ago, TAFKAC said:

He seems to get progressively better the less he plays.

I have seen that posted a few times but I don't actually think that is accurate (like it was with Jon Scullion).

Lyon was seen as one of our few potentially marketable assets due to his performances when he broke through, and was given an extended contract to tie him down for that reason.

While we don't know what has been going on behind the scenes, some can't understand why he has been allowed to stagnate in favour of a player (Blues) that few fans rate and with the team faring so badly in almost getting relegated.

There is obviously something in it seeing as several managers have overlooked him now which is a shame.

Unless something changes, he will be on loan in L1 at Dumbarton come January and staying in L1 as a Falkirk player come June.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I have seen that posted a few times but I don't actually think that is accurate (like it was with Jon Scullion).

Lyon was seen as one of our few potentially marketable assets due to his performances when he broke through, and was given an extended contract to tie him down for that reason.

While we don't know what has been going on behind the scenes, some can't understand why he has been allowed to stagnate in favour of a player (Blues) that few fans rate and with the team faring so badly in almost getting relegated.

There is obviously something in it seeing as several managers have overlooked him now which is a shame.

Unless something changes, he will be on loan in L1 at Dumbarton come January and staying in L1 as a Falkirk player come June.

Fans don't rate Blues (correctly), but at the moment he's ahead of Lyon in the pecking order and deservedly so. 

41 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

Fans don't rate Blues (correctly), but at the moment he's ahead of Lyon in the pecking order and deservedly so. 

Indeed and Lyon has to prove that he merits getting in. Didn't exactly take his chance when Blues was suspended.

Still see a lot of lineups posted with a gap in Midfield or Lyon included when we all know it will be Blues that is in there.

2 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

He seems to get progressively better the less he plays.  It can't be coincidence that McPherson is the third manager to not overly rate him.  

Sean McGinty's inexplicable appearance record confirms that the judgment of these managers is not something to rely on. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

20 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

2 of the new lads have arrived and been kitted out in neither of the new home tops (at least neither of them resemble the one I've got)🤦‍♂️

I know it's probably trivial, but when it's splashed over social media it just looks tin pot as f*ck

Yeah it's pretty embarrassing that it's so obviously a fucked up design.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Oksanen is definitely wearing the prototype (chevrons on the sleeves) while Allan has been given a match shirt.

Why would they put the prototype on him at all never mind when photographed beside another player with a match shirt on?

Not to say that if they had both been given match shirt, they wouldn't have different looking shirts as Allan has one of the ones with the dodgy badge placement cutting across 2 hoops.

This is literally the only strip they couldn’t fuck up as it’s beautifully simple, and they have managed to still fuck it up. 

The strips should never have been put out when there is a clear disparity between every single one of them. The badge itself with the huge white square behind it is just embarrassing. Well summed up by everyone above, tinpot. 

The club need to get their act together. Loads of people not buying due to this.

Archived