Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 97 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a Newcastle fan I know on Discord for his thoughts. Then I clarified I wanted his thoughts on our players and not "stottie cake."

He hadn't heard of the first guy. Of Allan, he said -

Screenshot_20210831-171557_Discord.jpgScreenshot_20210831-171546_Discord.jpg

EOho8Pw.png

On Allan:

“He's mainly used as a right winger but can play through the middle.

Really tricky, can use both feet. He likes to cut in A LOT. You won't get many crosses from him unless he's explicitly told to. 

Should genuinely walk it at Championship level.”

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

On Allan:

Really tricky, can use both feet. He likes to cut in A LOT. You won't get many crosses from him unless he's explicitly told to. 

I'm moist. Allan cutting inside and squaring it back for a Gozie thunderbolt. Oaft. 

EOho8Pw.png

It's definitely the hope that kills you. Future Premier league superstar on the wing and English championship level Finnish player in Central midfield. 

Can't say it won't be interesting 😂

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm surprised we still have Muirhead to be honest, I had a small feeling we might've sent him to Morton B (1 or 2) in League One for a loan spell.

Especially after today's signings. I wouldn't have him in the team before, I certainly don't see where he fits now.

3 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I'm surprised we still have Muirhead to be honest, I had a small feeling we might've sent him to Morton B (1 or 2) in League One for a loan spell.

Especially after today's signings. I wouldn't have him in the team before, I certainly don't see where he fits now.

I assume he can still go out on loan.

11 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I genuinely thought Ayr was a possibility. Their fans are greeting about signing nobody today, that would have sent them over the edge 

Allan been on bench for Newcastle a few times and came on and set up joelinton on his debut in the FA Cup against Rochdale. Looks very quick.

Impressed with those signings. Clearly the money was there and we were playing the waiting game to save a few quid but buzzing to see what impact these guys have.

Been a tough few weeks supporting Morton but hopefully we can kick on and challenge for top 4 and get this takeover completed.

Must admit I wasn't expecting a last day flurry given we've been walking through the desert for weeks. Not going to get carried away considering our chequered history with loans but for some reason my glass is half full.

All the best to the new lads and hope they all hope they enjoy the experience.

While you only have to look at Hartley's Falkirk to see that signings of this type don't always pay off, that's been a good day of business in terms of the positions we've added to, and in our place in the pecking order these are gambles that have to be taken. If you use your whole budget on known quantity journeymen you aren't going to find any hidden gems and will get mediocrity at best, this approach might bring us players of a higher calibre.

With the caveat that these guys are unproven at this level, at the start of the day if you were asked to pick a best XI it'd be extremely difficult because we just didn't have enough credible midfield options to make any formation work. Now if these signings can hold down a place in the starting XI, we can fling together different variations of 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. I still think we could have done with a creative central option as well but we actually have a bit of tactical flexibility now.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

54 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

On Allan:

Oh FFS.  "Jimbo" MK2.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Starting 11 something like this,

Hamilton

Ledger Lithgow McEntee Strapp

Jacobs Oksanen Blues 

Allan Ugwu Reilly

Bench- Wylie, McLean, Russell, Lyon, Muirhead, Knowles, Oliver.

Certainly looks a lot stronger than it did on Saturday.

I think the Newcastle and Brentford boys will be expecting to play most weeks, Reilly too. Knowles might need to play the impact sub role for now.

6 hours ago, bigB said:

A Michael Tidser like player in midfield would have been good also but all in all a good day.

I Put Oksanen's name in on youtube to see if there were highlights to see what kind of player he was. 

Hes the only player in the entire world not to have a highlight reel so I skimmed through a live stream of Cypriot first division team Pafos vs Brentford B that Brentford won 6-0 in March 2020.

From the bits I saw he's a Central midfielder with a cultured left foot, good passing ability and more than willing to come take the ball off defenders and spray the ball about. Even intelligent enough to slot in to centre back or left back when those positions brought the ball out of defence, although I very much doubt gus will be asking him to do that! 

Took indirect free kicks for them as well and set up the first goal with an excellent delivery in to the box. 

The exact former morton player he reminded me of most was Tidser so you might be in luck 👍

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived