Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 94 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Reilly and Ugwu will be passable mid table strikers but while the service to them is so sub standard this wont actually solve any of our scoring issues.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Of all the times Gus has talked about strengthening, has he ever mentioned his desire to sign a creative midfiled player? I genuinely can't recall the positions hes talked about adding to

He's not talked about positions because no one at the club asked him about recruitment when we conduct our 2 minute interviews with him.

He may well have mentioned it in the Tele but im not paying a subscription to read basic info on the club which should be available via our official streams.

Going by the latest MCT, we might be waiting a little longer for our next signings.

Happy with the Gavin Reilly signing gives us a bit more ammo up front. We are still very short in midfield and at the back surely another 2 signings at least. Wonder if Celtic would give us a loan of Luca Connell got a mate who is a Queens Park fan who raved about him. 

I could see nothing happening today tbh. Maybe I'm reading something into nothing, but the reminder in the MCT update that domestic loans are still possible throughout September suggests we might be bringing in loans after Premiership clubs have their squads settled today.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

36 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I could see nothing happening today tbh. Maybe I'm reading something into nothing, but the reminder in the MCT update that domestic loans are still possible throughout September suggests we might be bringing in loans after Premiership clubs have their squads settled today.

Aye, it wasn't even a 'we hope to get some over the line but...' message, it came across as a clear 'deadline? What deadline?' message.

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Doesnt stack up then that our budget is the same or improved as suggested. 

I worry that our first two results let them think 'we can wait to sign anyone else and save some money'. Now we have been badly exposed by Partick (one of the worst performances of the last couple years amongst many contenders) and have run out of time. 

42 minutes ago, so72 said:

I worry that our first two results let them think 'we can wait to sign anyone else and save some money'. 

And in hindsight, that opening day result is looking like a poor one, being the only club to give Dunfermline a point so far, shipping 2 goals at home in the process.

Ignoring the abandoned Raith game - Dunfermline have shipped 11 goals without reply in the 3 results that followed us (granted one was at Ibrox).

5 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Doesnt stack up then that our budget is the same or improved as suggested. 

The April takeover document gave a first team budget of 470k and said the squad would be a core of quality players and a bunch of youth regens. That's pretty much what we've got so far, but even the most ardent MCT supporter would say that the core is smaller than it should be.

EOho8Pw.png

It takes a lot for me to post on here but Gus looks and sounds like he's chucked it. We hear next to nothing and what little we do get fills me with no confidence.

I was really excited about the new era at the club but that has completely disappeared. The MCT updates are poor, the manager updates are pointless and frankly, if I hasn't already paid for my season ticket I'd be taking up golf on a Saturday 

Archived