Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 92 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

You are such a fanny.

Ignoring your childish retort, if my caveat exists, then Gus is probably thinking the same as us, if not, then as much as we are all entitled to our opinion on a fans’ forum, to what extent do we trust our manager to get his policies correct, and to what extent do we exercise a right to believe that we know better?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Ok ... so you've had a bad day.

No. Im trying to understand why you would mention a player who left us what .....at least 3 years ago? Who is settled at a team, playing well and is their captain on a thread about the comings and goings of our squad. Feel free to elaborate on that for me.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

6 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

No. Im trying to understand why you would mention a player who left us what .....at least 3 years ago? Who is settled at a team, playing well and is their captain on a thread about the comings and goings of our squad. Feel free to elaborate on that for me.

Especially when Gus said in today’s DR the midfield is sorted!

Lyon becoming one of those players who gets better every game he doesn't play. Sure he has undoubted talent but he's not progressed at all since his breakthrough season and has little to no impact most of the time he's given a chance. 

There's still every chance that he goes on to have a successful career and I hope he does but he should be putting in performances that make him undroppaple and he's nowhere near that level right now. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Lyon becoming one of those players who gets better every game he doesn't play. Sure he has undoubted talent but he's not progressed at all since his breakthrough season and has little to no impact most of the time he's given a chance. 

There's still every chance that he goes on to have a successful career and I hope he does but he should be putting in performances that make him undroppaple and he's nowhere near that level right now. 

Aye important few months for Lyon. 

Surprising that someone seen as one of our few actual assets is in this position but there has to be something to it. Can't just he a coincidence that several consecutive managers haven't rated him a starter.

Something needs to change or his career prospects are only heading downward - a loan to Dumbarton in January or a transfer to lowly Falkirk in June.

His assist today won't have done his chances any harm.

We need a real central midfielder added to the squad rather than relying on either Blues or Lyon. If Jacobs gets injured then we're royally fucked. 

Either McPherson is throwing the scent off some Alan Jenkins level signing or he's deluded for thinking otherwise. It should be the top priority addition to the current squad.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree said:

Despite my earlier question of whether we should trust Gus on whether or not we need a midfielder, the live evidence from yesterday’s match puts me in agreement we definitely need a creative midfielder as a priority.

Thanks for letting us know, I could hardly sleep for wondering if we had your permission to question Gus.

EOho8Pw.png

On 8/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

First interview with Jimmy Knowles

Feckin seagulls 😡

I knew a guy years ago called Jimmy Knowles.  He looked not unlike him, possibly his dad.   People used to shout at him:   "Jimmy Knowles plays pocket bowls". :lol:

*insert signature here*

So now we have reilly, knowles, gozie, muirhead and oliver. Yet our midfield and defence have fuck all.

This isnt a dig at signing Relly, Muirhead is the one who should be fucked off but we really need a centre half, rb and a midfielder.

5 minutes ago, dmcewan16 said:

Dont understand why muirhead should be pissed off about, he’s had plenty of chances and has done nothing to even merit a place in the squad

I mean fucked off ad in discarded, he's gubbins.

Reilly would be a very good signing and would ease our dependence on Ugwu's hold up play needing to work for us to have anything approaching a functioning attack.

It's the central midfield signings, or lack of, that'll be the difference between 10th and 8th though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

9 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Reilly would be a very good signing and would ease our dependence on Ugwu's hold up play needing to work for us to have anything approaching a functioning attack.

It's the central midfield signings, or lack of, that'll be the difference between 10th and 8th though.

Yeah Reilly will be a good addition and gives another option. I'd still like to see another cb/rb, cm and a winger come in at the very least. Its good to see the youth getting a chance but there's the danger that we could crush some of these young guys confidence if we continue to rely on them. Hynes and McGregor being the two that spring to mind. We do have the core of a decent outfit:

Hamilton

Ledger Lithgow McLean strapp

Jacobs

Blues/Lyon/Russell     New

Reilly.      Ugwu.     New

Potential Subs: Wylie, Hynes, 2 of blues, Lyon, Russell, McGregor, mcgrattan, Oliver, Knowles, muirhead.

I'm not even sure blues, Lyon or Russell are good enough to play week in/week out in there. It's evident that we are painfully short in midfield. I really like Oliver but he isn't consistent enough. Muirhead is a waste of a wage. We're also short at the back if we have another injury like mcleans.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived