Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 91 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

I was talking to a pal who is a Motherwell fan last night about this. Said Hastie's attitude was terrible last season and he's let his move get to his head. Be interesting to see how the move to thistle goes.

Should be a perfect fit as he's going to a club that seem to think they're bigger and better than they are. And if that's his attitude they'll be well suited. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus has been quoted on the daily record website as still working hard to get 3 or 4 in, and that those players will be in defence and attack. Says he's comfortable with midfield. I'm not so sure that I am, personally. Jacobs is not being used in his best, most effective position as we're short in there IMO. 

21 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Says he's comfortable with midfield. I'm not so sure that I am, personally. Jacobs is not being used in his best, most effective position as we're short in there IMO. 

Really not sure what different position Jacobs should be in but the midfield needs another option regardless. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

We only have Jacobs Blues Lyon and McGrattan who were all here last year. We’ve lost Millar McAlister McGinn Colville and not replaced them. Omar ended up in there too at points. Crying out for a bit of creativity / experience 

27 minutes ago, Doddie said:

We only have Jacobs Blues Lyon and McGrattan who were all here last year. We’ve lost Millar McAlister McGinn Colville and not replaced them. Omar ended up in there too at points. Crying out for a bit of creativity / experience 

McGregor in there as well once he's away from playing LWB and I'm assuming they'll use Mark Russell in there too. Not that this means we are strong in there by any stretch. 

I would really hope one of the attacking players was a creative player to play behind the striker/s.

Might help if Lyon was in the starting line-up.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

44 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

I'm just going to leave this name here and await the inevitable incoming.

Michael Tidser.

Has he left kelty?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Has he left kelty?

Not only has he not left, but he's ever-present, and played practically every minute so far this season across the League and the cups. 

To say it's unlikely that Kelty would let their captain go when they're top of League Two is a bit of an understatement, and we're hardly in a position to pay for him, are we?

EOho8Pw.png

22 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Not as far as I know and very much doubt that he would for Morton anyway.

Then why mention him ?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

The manager thinking that we have enough central midfield options is eyebrow raising at best and has massive alarm bells ringing at worst. What happens if Jacobs has a lengthy spell out injured?

We're shorter there than we are in defence - although FWIW we absolutely need another centre back as well - and if we were adding another four you could argue for two central midfielders.

Wide midfielder, holding midfielder, centre back (could ideally cover full back too but not a deal breaker) and creative central midfielder would be the priorities in order IMO, although depending how you want us to set up you could argue a second wide option comes ahead of another creative central player. Pretty strange that MacPherson's taking that line considering he clearly thought we needed someone there when he tried to sign McGinn and we've added no more central midfield options since.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 hours ago, Doddie said:

McGinn replaced McAlister, Millar played about 120 minutes in midfield last season, Omar was deemed surplus to requirements by Gus, Oliver has been moved to the type of position that Colville played in (and has been doing a better job IMO). I think only McGinn needed replaced from that lot (even if not exactly like for like). 

I'm surprised that we're not looking for another central midfield player, but I think we only need one. My preferences would be a right back (particularly someone who can play wing back if we're going to continue with that), central midfielder, and a winger/forward. Don't push the budget and see where we might need something else later on. 

2 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

McGinn replaced McAlister, Millar played about 120 minutes in midfield last season, Omar was deemed surplus to requirements by Gus, Oliver has been moved to the type of position that Colville played in (and has been doing a better job IMO). I think only McGinn needed replaced from that lot (even if not exactly like for like). 

I'm surprised that we're not looking for another central midfield player, but I think we only need one. My preferences would be a right back (particularly someone who can play wing back if we're going to continue with that), central midfielder, and a winger/forward. Don't push the budget and see where we might need something else later on. 

Can’t see us signing a right back with ledger and hynes already signed up. I’d take another centre half then a winger and another out and out striker 

9 minutes ago, Doddie said:

Can’t see us signing a right back with ledger and hynes already signed up. I’d take another centre half then a winger and another out and out striker 

I think I prefer Ledger at centre back to right back, especially if we're going to continue with 3 at the back, and I'm not convinced by Hynes as first choice at either full or wing back. It depends on who's available. Using Ledger at right back and bringing in a good centre half is also an option I'd be fine with but I'd it wouldn't be my preferred option. 

21 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Unless Gus is getting frustrated by others / one hand tied behind his back etc., surely with his management experience he knows better than us on here what’s required, and by a considerable distance? 

You are such a fanny.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived