Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 84 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

19 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Obvious answer is obvious.

Gus has stated he wants to strengthen every department still.

Hopefully soon.

Where abouts did he state that? Not seen a thing last I seen was he wanted a squad of 18 first team players backed up by the 4 youth players. Currently at 13 first team players so that would only leave 5 left to sign.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Gmfcrg said:

Where abouts did he state that? Not seen a thing last I seen was he wanted a squad of 18 first team players backed up by the 4 youth players. Currently at 13 first team players so that would only leave 5 left to sign.

5 would be every department. 1 keeper, 2 defenders, 1 midfielder and an attacker I reckon.

3 minutes ago, so72 said:

5 would be every department. 1 keeper, 2 defenders, 1 midfielder and an attacker I reckon.

Would be suprised to see another keeper, I’d say 1 centre half, 2 centre midfielders, 1 wide player and 1 striker would complete the squad.

Not heard from the manager on official club channels at least since day one of pre season 3 weeks ago from what I can see on youtube. 

Seems an awfully long time to go between interviews, especially during pre season when there's been so little transfer activity. 

Between no word on the takeover being completed and no word on what the squad expectations the manager is looking for we really are bumbling our way through this summer for the most part. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

4 minutes ago, Gmfcrg said:

Would be suprised to see another keeper, I’d say 1 centre half, 2 centre midfielders, 1 wide player and 1 striker would complete the squad.

After moaning about the number of keepers in the squad last season he'd have a cheek not to sign one. 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Not heard from the manager on official club channels at least since day one of pre season 3 weeks ago from what I can see on youtube. 

Seems an awfully long time to go between interviews, especially during pre season when there's been so little transfer activity. 

Between no word on the takeover being completed and no word on what the squad expectations the manager is looking for we really are bumbling our way through this summer for the most part. 

It's as if the staff at the club have just chucked in the towel. Hiring off the park will be more important than the players on it whenever mct finally get the keys. 

3 hours ago, Gmfcrg said:

Tele I think.

So you already know he wants at least 5 more. So the question of 'is that us done?' was a wee bit daft.

Hopefully something soon. We were seemingly talking to Hamilton for a few weeks so hopefully there are other things in the works.

2 hours ago, port-ton said:

Not sure we would really have gleamed much info even if there were interviews, going by the trend of the most recent club interviews anyway.

3 hours ago, bigB said:

I suppose there will be guys on trial that he is running the rule over. What I like about McPherson is he is not signing people just for the sake of it.

You mean, except half of last season's shower?

Gus last week:

“We’ve made enquiries regarding two or three loans but we’re obviously dependent on the other clubs on that in a number of different aspects.  We are in that market with a lot of other clubs, and it depends on our needs and the level of clubs we’re competing against as well.  There are a few things bubbling under and hopefully we can get them over the line over the next couple of weeks.”

So don't expect anything imminently.

Wouldn’t hit the panic buttons yet, happy that gus is waiting for the right player, hopefully of the standard required. If we can add 4/5 high quality starters to the squad we already have I’ll be quite happy, more happy than I was this time last year watching Hopkin spunk our budget on 11 number tens/wingers/forwards who couldn’t score in a brothel.

1 minute ago, Gmfcrg said:

Wouldn’t hit the panic buttons yet, happy that gus is waiting for the right player, hopefully of the standard required. If we can add 4/5 high quality starters to the squad we already have I’ll be quite happy, more happy than I was this time last year watching Hopkin spunk our budget on 11 number tens/wingers/forwards who couldn’t score in a brothel.

I agree with this. While the squad is utterly threadbare, I'd rather that than have a bloated squad with a bunch of guys who aren't really good enough.

EOho8Pw.png

14 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I agree with this. While the squad is utterly threadbare, I'd rather that than have a bloated squad with a bunch of guys who aren't really good enough.

Two words. Cammy Blues.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived