Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 79 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Ally Scott and Tiger Woods you might get

Reading the shite you post is more cringeworthy than watching STV's coverage of the Scotland-England game.  Just chuck it.

*insert signature here*

Happy with that signing. Seems to have rekindled his enjoyment of football at finn harps so hopefully he can get his career back on track. 

Looking forward to seeing our tierney/Robertson overlapping centeback 5-3-2 next season 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

We’ve all seen what he was capable of before Duffy began sabotaging him. He’s been playing a few different positions in Ireland so I don’t really know what the script is with his favoured one, but I’m happy enough having him back. 

29 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

Mark Russell returns on a one year deal.

Do we not have any scouts. Or are we just hoovering up last year's players who will stay and anyone who's played for us in the past and is looking for a full time contract?

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

2 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

Do we not have any scouts. Or are we just hoovering up last year's players who will stay and anyone who's played for us in the past and is looking for a full time contract?

Don't forget checking St Mirren's WIKI for past players.

Scottish lower leagues is mostly about who you know when it comes to signings, we aren't unique. 

More than happy with Russell signing. He's got something to prove after having to take a step back in his career to hopefully move forward again. No idea where he will play but looking forward to those jinking runs again if his confidence is back. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Scottish lower leagues is mostly about who you know when it comes to signings, we aren't unique. 

More than happy with Russell signing. He's got something to prove after having to take a step back in his career to hopefully move forward again. No idea where he will play but looking forward to those jinking runs again if his confidence is back. 

MCT tweeting he has mainly played left midfield at Finn Harps. Paired on the left with Strapp or competition for LB/LWB?

I’m quite pleased by this signing, more in hope than expectation. I thought he was a very good left back for us, then if I remember correctly he may have moved to midfield, had some personal issues and some of the cowshed also turned against him. So it’s a brave move for him and I hope it turns out well.

As we all waited with baited breath for Morton to announce a marque signing along comes Mark Russell. Nothing against the lad but what an uninspiring signing when we already have a more than capable player for his position. I appreciate Russell has the option to play further up the park but it just feels like last season where every manager thought the solution to our problems was to play people out of position. On a tight budget, I was expecting every signing to be a stick-on to start rather than the Hopking approach of signing anybody who is available.

Assuming he signed to play midfield as Strap (unless we're gonna lose him for a fee) is surely our go to Left Back. We can't afford to be signing back up players when we've barely got a squad assembled. 

If he can recreate the form that he showed for a few seasons under Duffy then great, but struggling to see where he fits in especially if played left side of midfield. He's not a midfielder unless hes transformed his games. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived