Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 78 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gus might feel Russell McLean is another version of Muirhead, therefore he has more pressing priorities. I’m happy we’ve kept Ledger, McLean, Strapp, Jacobs and Lyon, which is quite a solid foundation at this level. The goalkeeper will hopefully be easier to replace than any of these would’ve been. I think Gus has high hopes for Muirhead continuing his re-found form, having scored 5 in his last 8. 

A new signing or a rare outing for Butler?

201221634_3981339838609464_6580733640565654530_n.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

8 hours ago, pink_panther said:

Get that bus out Butlerrrrr!"

Blakey of the forum found.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

If what I've heard this morning is true and we're currently 'taking a look' at Stenhousemuir duds Botti Biabi and Ryan Blair to add to a supposedly competitive team two levels above, then the board should be 'taking a look' at the two year contracts handed out to the management team. 

I'd have a 'sign an obvious, total haddy' break clause automatically instated in any manager's contract. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

9 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

If what I've heard this morning is true and we're currently 'taking a look' at Stenhousemuir duds Botti Biabi and Ryan Blair to add to a supposedly competitive team two levels above, then the board should be 'taking a look' at the two year contracts handed out to the management team. 

I'd have a 'sign an obvious, total haddy' break clause automatically instated in any manager's contract. 

We would be as well heading down the Battery Park and picking two randoms who happened to be wearing a football top. 

Mallan would win us games with direct free kicks and set pieces plus a few cracking thunderblasts. For that reason I can't see us getting him. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It's cool, the tele says we have 2 players up from Swansea on trial. Oh, wait...

They also seem to have announced Colville as definitely away?

Yes, he's gone back south. Pity.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

18 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

This is beginning to feel ominously familiar. 

Wake me up if we sign a professional footballer who vaguely resembles a professional footballer.

It is all about what we can afford and unfortunately we don't have loads of money. That is why we should be looking at signing a mixture of full and part-time  players. Because we could get decent players from part-time teams.

58 minutes ago, bigB said:

It is all about what we can afford and unfortunately we don't have loads of money. That is why we should be looking at signing a mixture of full and part-time  players. Because we could get decent players from part-time teams.

Agree. There are for sure some decent players who don't want to give up good careers outside football for a one year contract, and they should definitely be considered, even if only for injury and suspension coverage. 

It was a very different time of course, and I know some will hate me for even  mentioning them :), but the most successful and by far the most entertaining team in my lifetime was made up with a mixture of full and part time players. 

It is crazy to reject good players just because they don't want to be full time.  With the pittance we pay, why would anyone with a decent job agree to give that up to play football - especially on a 1 year contract.  At our level, we need to tailor the deal to suit individual players' situations, and there are many players who have decent jobs outside football.  This is not La Liga.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived