Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 76 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Wouldnt be surprised to hear that Gus has already had talks with Scott Fox although I'm not sure what Foxs' contractual status is elsewhere.

He’s already signed a new deal at Motherwell.

Excellent news on Ledger. While McAdams going is a blow I was pretty much resigned to losing all of McAdams, Ledger and Jacobs so only losing one is alright.

Goalkeepers are always going to be hard to replace but the defence is looking alright.

You'd expect other Championship clubs to be considering him, but Danny Rogers is available...

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Brilliant news on Ledger. That was a big one for us as he’s been so reliable and consistent. 

Not too arsed about McAdams to be honest, know he won POTY’s etc but there was always something I wasn’t convinced by regarding him. Would expect us to get an upgrade….hopefully! 

Great news on Ledger. Already a solid player at this level with potential to go even further. 

Shame about McAdams but as Dunning says I think most were expecting him to be offski. Be disappointing if it’s someone like an Ayr or Falkirk. 

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Great news on Ledger. Already a solid player at this level with potential to go even further. 

Shame about McAdams but as Dunning says I think most were expecting him to be offski. Be disappointing if it’s someone like an Ayr or Falkirk, but I’m sure we’d have made a decent attempt to hang onto him.  

There has been talk of Killie being interested.

Not too fussed about McAdams going as he was steady but not brilliant. Delighted about ledger staying though. Him and Hynes will provide good competition at RB.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

56 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Glad to get rid of another one of last seasons crap pity we haven't seen sense and binned them all

Shame you wouldn't piss off to said bin. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Although I would have been happy for him to stay, I can't say I'm overly fussed about losing McAdam, to be honest. The fact he swept the board on the POTS awards was more a reflection of the weakness of the other contenders, rather than his outstanding performances, IMO.

He did make some great saves, but like most keepers he also had his fair share of mistakes. Overall I'd say he was an average keeper at Championship level, so I'm reasonably confident we'll get a replacement at least as good.

9 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Although I would have been happy for him to stay, I can't say I'm overly fussed about losing McAdam, to be honest. The fact he swept the board on the POTS awards was more a reflection of the weakness of the other contenders, rather than his outstanding performances, IMO.

He did make some great saves, but like most keepers he also had his fair share of mistakes. Overall I'd say he was an average keeper at Championship level, so I'm reasonably confident we'll get a replacement at least as good.

Aye pretty much this.

Would've been happy for him to stay but not exactly gutted he's away. Plenty of keepers out there will be able to do a similar job. Hopefully we are talking to Rogers.

Keeping 2 of our better players in Jacobs and Ledger is very welcome.

A CB who can cover left back and the defence is sorted.

Archived