Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 75 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

Groundhog Day. The buzz of excitement around MCT taking over is in danger of fizzling out. Gus will need to pull something out the hat to get the fans to believe because what we have right now is a core of players that achieved 9th last season. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Likewise.  Potentially worse than last season seeing as we've lost players we'd have debatably like to have kept and re-signed ones we should've punted.  Grim, depressing stuff indeed.

We've punted Sean McGinty, at least that's something. 

Just trying to calm down and recover from the underwhelming recent signings. Trying to read Gus McPherson’s mind, I can grasp a thread of why he can see some hope for Muirhead and possibly Oliver. I read Muirhead’s interview on re-signing, and note he says himself he’s not been right for 3 years but feels he may have turned a corner now as he felt back to himself the last few games. This would surely have come into his discussions with McPherson that could've led Gus to put his faith in him as our No. 9. I think Gus also realised Oliver can contribute better in a front three but not on his own. With Blues it’s a bit of a mystery to me but perhaps Gus sees something in him in the more advanced position he used him in during the play-offs. Maybe I’m clutching at straws here but I’m hoping our new manager has sound reasons for these decisions.

3 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Another Weatherson, basically.

Weatherson was a better player and goalscorer all over the pitch than anyone currently contracted with this football club.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I like how they seem to be strategically drip feeding the re-signings.

It's as if they believe it will have more impact that way, expecting each of their big, positive announcements to be met with renewed fanfare rather than prolonging the misery and disappointment.

Looking forward to today's big reveal of Butler's new contract.

17 hours ago, GiGi said:

Weatherson was a better player and goalscorer all over the pitch than anyone currently contracted with this football club.

My point was still entirely accurate though and yours is also correct but I'd probably have made a decent fist of matching our strikers goal tally last season so its not saying much.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I like how they seem to be strategically drip feeding the re-signings.

It's as if they believe it will have more impact that way, expecting each of their big, positive announcements to be met with renewed fanfare rather than prolonging the misery and disappointment.

Looking forward to today's big reveal of Butler's new contract.

Have to say I agree wholeheartedly with this. I wouldn't be surprised if Blues and Muirhead were signed up on Friday afternoon. 

Let's just hope the next signing is someone half decent. So far we have signed an ex sex offender who was injured for most of last season and a few re-signings who are mostly duds, excluding Kyle Jacobs. Good old Morton never fail to dissapoint. 

39 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Let's just hope the next signing is someone half decent. So far we have signed an ex sex offender who was injured for most of last season and a few re-signings who are mostly duds, excluding Kyle Jacobs. Good old Morton never fail to dissapoint. 

No such thing as an ex sex offender- you’re either a sex offender or you aren’t.

21 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Any news on whether Gus is in talks with McAdam, Ledger and/or Colville? Either there’s no sense of urgency or they’re still on holiday or weighing up options.

At this point I think it’s safe to say all 3 will be off. Be very surprised if they’ve signed again 

Archived