Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 70 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Yep 

I'm pretty neutral on the signing.

You only have to do a quick Google search to find how many professional footballers have been convicted of a huge variety of offences, some much worse than others, some have served fairly lengthy prison sentences, and have been given the chance to redeem themselves.

For example, I take it everyone watching the Euros will not be cheering on Declan Gallagher?

I don't, for a second, condone Lithgow's crime or indeed, any of the crimes / offences you'll find thrown up by the search.

While never convicted or charged with it, if you read Kevin Twaddle's book "A Life on the Line" which is about his gambling addiction, he talks about stealing money from his 7 year old nieces piggy bank to fund his bets.

He has turned himself around and is now a gamblers anonymous councillor.

So Twaddle showed remorse and has actively tried to help others whereas our beast blamed everyone else and failed to apologise. That's the difference. Oh, that and being a sex offender is worse. 

If Lithgow comes out and says he sorry and regretful, that he's learned and acknowledges the victims then I'll give him a second chance. However, the only comments I've found have been him trying to make himself sound like the victim 

We keep hearing about how Oliver needs this or that or should be used this way or that way, all of which masks the fact that he's an more often than not a totally ineffective player. He's certainly got some qualities and has a nice touch etc, but ultimately he neither scores anywhere close to an acceptable number of goals nor is he massively creative. If he was brought in fresh you could say he's a decent squad player, but when he's been here long enough it's just paying a wage to somebody who hasn't earned an extension.

AWMSC

26 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

We keep hearing about how Oliver needs this or that or should be used this way or that way, all of which masks the fact that he's an more often than not a totally ineffective player. He's certainly got some qualities and has a nice touch etc, but ultimately he neither scores anywhere close to an acceptable number of goals nor is he massively creative. If he was brought in fresh you could say he's a decent squad player, but when he's been here long enough it's just paying a wage to somebody who hasn't earned an extension.

It also raises the risk - what happens if we don't find a suitable partner? Or if that partner gets injured? It's a huge risk. 

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

Come off it mate. The first time somebody has acknowledged multiple and serious sex offences *involving children* and they insist that “they can’t be judged” and that somehow their mental state (which frankly should be laughed out the park) is the main concern and we’re meant to believe that he’s the victim of bad reporting or just being too shy? His own words there are not those of someone who fully repents for their actions or accepts how badly wrong or damaging they were: he was given the chance to express his remorse, the absolute bare minimum a “nasty little pervert” should be doing, and instead chose to hold his own private pity party. Fuck him.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the club and MCT have some serious explaining to do over why they’re more relaxed about people who pass their days wanking in front of passing woman and children than the previous owners were.

5 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

Just as a point of clarity, he did say at the time:

"I am very sorry for the upset and distress caused through my actions and I wholeheartedly accept the judgement of the court, I can assure everyone that this will not happen again."

You can call it a token statement and question its sincerity, but it is there as his initial public response to his conviction. 

4 hours ago, so72 said:

So Twaddle showed remorse and has actively tried to help others whereas our beast blamed everyone else and failed to apologise. That's the difference. Oh, that and being a sex offender is worse. 

If Lithgow comes out and says he sorry and regretful, that he's learned and acknowledges the victims then I'll give him a second chance. However, the only comments I've found have been him trying to make himself sound like the victim 

As I thought,  just because he didn't say sorry in that or every article written years later, didn't mean he never acknowledged it at the time. 

He fecked up, he was rightly prosecuted, he's apologised and he served his time. 

Most Morton fans appear to be accepting of that thankfully.

Some will never change their opinion which is fair enough but glad most seem to be willing to move on.

Getting in to your car on multiple occasions and driving about hunting for a series of women and children to masturbate in front of is not “fucking up”, it’s extremely serious, deranged, deviant behaviour and it doesn’t get absolved by a cursory apology in the aftermath of escaping a jail sentence.

People may be entitled to move on but a multiple sex offender should in no circumstances be allowed to do so in the privileged position of professional football.

Writing off this creepy cunt’s behaviour because he might be alright at football isn’t really something to shout about tbh, and it’s certainly not something we should be “thankful” for.

AWMSC

9A3JOEv.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This is exactly what was coming down the chute all along by heroically!!!111!!! securing our league status weeks after the rest of the league. A sense of panic and instability leading to a mediocre management team being 'rewarded' out of compromise, who then hand out new deals to players who are simply not good enough.

Meet the new regime, same mistakes and short-term diddy thinking as the old one. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Blues being given a new contract has by itself killed whatever little optimism there was for next season and confirmed that we won't be putting anything approaching a decent squad together. It was always going to be an uphill battle with some gambles on signings with our place in the pecking order, but any notion that we're even attempting to build a squad of quality over quantity vanishes when you hand a contract to a player everyone knows is lightyears out of his depth at this level.

If we get to the end of 2029 and we're doing teams of the decade again, we'll have to have had an exceptionally bad decade if Blues isn't making it in there. He's never a Championship footballer in a million years.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived