Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 64 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

I hope that it is just badly worded and decisions haven't been made yet but alarm bells are definitely ringing (compounded by the fact we offered McGinty a new deal).

Could be a lot of posts needing edited from:

'Gus deserves the chance to build his own squad'

to:

'Gus deserves the chance to lazily re-sign the bulk of the squad that nearly got us relegated'.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this is odd. I don’t really see what further discussions are required for the others. If we retain the bulk of the squad we finished last season with, we are going to end up ij the exact same position - if not worse. 

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

Okay, now alarm bells are ringing that we might offer deals to the rest. The fact that remaining group includes Butler is what gives me hope that's not the case and they're just drip feeding details as they have conversations with players, but that would seem a weird way to go about things.

The remaining out of contract players are McAdams, Butler, Ledger, Blues, Millar, McGuffie, Colville, Oliver, Orsi and Muirhead, plus some more youngsters who've never been near a squad. Surely there's no way we're retaining all of them while running with a smaller squad? Some of them just obviously aren't up to the Championship.

I'd take McAdams, Colville and Ledger for sure. Wouldnt be tremendously upset if Millar sticks about as a coach and I could live with 1 of Oliver, Muirhead and McGuffie staying. We cant afford to have all 3 if we are going to have a smaller squad higher in quality.

Orsi has a good attitude and I dont think Blues is as bad as others make him out to be but they aren't good enough for us. Got nothing to say about Butler.

We surely can't sign up Muirhead, Orsi, and Oliver as our striking options, who managed 6 Championship goals between them last season? Hopefully we weren't sticking those extension options in the contracts again.

We desperately struggled for goals last season, Gus would have absolutely no excuses if we fail in that area again if he chooses to continue with the same front line. 

If Muirhead and Blues are offered deals then you'd have to imagine they'll be accepted gleefully as I doubt another full time team would go near either of them. Hoping Falkirk watched Muirhead in playoffs and sign him though. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

18 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Ross Millen has left Kilmarnock. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him joining his old man with us next season.

He's a defender of sorts isn't he? I don't remember anything good being said about him but sounds a reasonable shout. 

On 5/31/2021 at 11:34 AM, pink_panther said:

I left a comment on his latest blog and it seems to have disappeared. Strange that eh? At least he managed to have a word with the manager at Arbroath so he must have put in a good word for him to MCT

Not for the first time either, Gordon.  :)

*insert signature here*

20 hours ago, ChampTon said:

He's a defender of sorts isn't he? I don't remember anything good being said about him but sounds a reasonable shout. 

I dont remember anything good being said about McGinty either .. that didnt prevent him getting a lift to Ayr tho' did it!.....oh hang on......Hoppy (🤦‍♂️)

Please disregard this post. 

Archived