Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 61 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Should be waking up with a wee buzz of excitement about the possible announcements today but you just know they're about to tell us they went 'fuck it, just give it to Gus' and that they are resigning a bunch of the team that nearly took us down.

Be quick with the disappointment please Morton, don't keep us waiting.

I sincerely hope you're wrong🙈 but Morton gonna Morton ....

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

If it's going to be a genuine key point of the strategy going forward then they're going to have to take transfer control out of the hands of a 'first team coach' and give it to someone directly responsible to the board for meeting those objectives. What else is there to stop a Hopkin mk. II assembling a job lot of ringers instead? MCT board members swanning into the dressing room like Dougie to tell everyone what to do is not going to cut it. 

I very much doubt that any substantial change like this will happen and so no lessons will in fact be learned at all. 

I think the board will need to sanction budget and signings without going into the dressing room. I hope you’re wrong in your assessment though I see where your doubts are coming from. If Gus is announced and Blues stays then that would instantly contradict the plan.

Fully expecting it to be confirmation of MacPherson, but we'll see if we get some more interesting players news along with it.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

And "exciting" signing news this afternoon

Big pinch of salt on that one after this 'exciting' news.

With only Nesbitt also away, does that mean the rest have been given offers...

pinch-of-salt.jpg

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Big pinch of salt on that one after this 'exciting' news.

With only Nesbitt also away, does that mean the rest have been given offers...

pinch-of-salt.jpg

If I I had to guess I would say that means Nesbitt has already chosen to go elsewhere rather than being released, which is why he's being announced now and everyone being released will be announced later. We know that the likes of Wallace, Omar and Johnson won't be getting new contracts from MacPherson so I'm certainly not taking announcing Nesbitt leaving and no one else to mean everyone else is getting an offer.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I also imagine Nesbitt will be one of the higher paid players in the squad, and one that unfortunately did the job at times of a player who probably commands half his wage. 

Pars were in for him last season, could see him heading there. 

24 minutes ago, Hej said:

Nesbitt is mostly piss poor. Not much of a loss for me. 

He had his moments but nowhere near often enough to make him an effective asset, very little end product.

Seemed like a genuinely likable lad though, and you could never fault his effort, it's a just pity he's going to Falkirk otherwise I would have genuinely thanked him for his time at Cappielow and wished him all the best.

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

I think the board will need to sanction budget and signings without going into the dressing room. I hope you’re wrong in your assessment though I see where your doubts are coming from. If Gus is announced and Blues stays then that would instantly contradict the plan.

Did the board not sanction budgets and signings under Hopkin? If the manager is entrusted to sign players then you can't turn round and say 'naw' based on your shiny Matalan blazer and zero competence in a first team role. The board cannot sign the players for the manager either and expect it to not end in tears. 

If the club genuinely - and quite rightly - believes that it must learn lessons and exercise quality control over the squad then it needs to create a Director of Football role to do that. Otherwise, it is just empty platitudes. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived