Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 59 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Colville to York seems pretty bang on the money. A friend of mine works for a business in Greenock he's got a membershio with, states his home address is in York. 

Maybe he's from there? He was at Bradford before Morton and that's easy commuting distance from York. When I stayed in Glasgow I never bothered changing my "real" home address from Greenock as I knew I'd be going back. Maybe it's like that. 

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TRVMP said:

Maybe he's from there? He was at Bradford before Morton and that's easy commuting distance from York. When I stayed in Glasgow I never bothered changing my "real" home address from Greenock as I knew I'd be going back. Maybe it's like that. 

Aye that's why I was suggesting it seems like a good fit for the lad. Could've worded it better. 

Fjortoft could go either way. He's had some brilliant games, but also some diabolical ones. There's a really good player in there, but hopefully it'll be the player who almost cost us against Montrose or had to be hooked after 27 minutes against QotS that turns up at Ayr. 

I'm happy McGinty will never play for us again - especially after his sending off against Arbroath. He can be solid at times, but the mistakes are never, ever far away - he has ridiculously bad for Thistle as well. They both played in a fairly solid defence towards the end of the season, but that might have been in large part due to having McGinn and Jacobs right in front of them most of the time. I just think of McGinty's defending against ICT in the 1-4 game, particularly when he just stood there and let someone run past him through on goal - he could be a proper donkey. 

Now convinced that big Sean knew he was signing for Ayr and got deliberately sent off against Arbroath with that stupid tackle to keep his new club in the Championship.

Delighted he's gone, we can do so much better.

God gives with one hand and takes away with another. Was impressed with Fjortoft on and off the pitch so would have liked to see him stay, but hes not irreplaceable. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

17 minutes ago, Madton said:

Now convinced that big Sean knew he was signing for Ayr and got deliberately sent off against Arbroath with that stupid tackle to keep his new club in the Championship.

Delighted he's gone, we can do so much better.

Absolutely convinced about that red card aswell. Deserves every bit of the hounding he’ll get next season 👍🏻

The red card, to me, looked deliberate - that he just wanted to stick the studs in and hurt the guy. I'm not going to claim it was to help his new club, but there's nothing to say it couldn't have contributed to a 'why shouldn't I stick the boot in' moment for him. 

Nice to see that imposter Hopkin still knows how to pick an absolute clown car defender and I wish him many happy McGinty moments next season.

Fjortoft is more disappointing as I thought he was working pretty well with the defence when he got back in. He's not a world beater but his plusses outweigh his negatives and although he's followed Hopkin he doesn't merit the same treatment as McGinty.

31 minutes ago, Hej said:

Hopkin singing up all the dross from our squad is excellent news. 

Keep them coming. 

Anything that stops our board and management from foolishly handing out new deals all round off the back of 180 good minutes in a year.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Anything that stops our board and management from foolishly handing out new deals all round off the back of 180 good minutes in a year.

That, and it weakens a direct rival in the league. 

The more similar Hopkin's Ayr is to Hopkin's Morton, the better for our survival hopes. 

It's great news for us all round. 

Fjortoft had some very good games but also some absolute howlers, such as against Montrose. Given the budget we have he'd probably have been a decent squad member for next season. But I wouldn't rank him among the top half of Championship defenders.

McGinty is an absolute joke of a player, on the other hand, and we're well rid.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived