Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 55 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should be told to fuck off and use one of our available, registered goalkeepers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Aidan McAdams ruled out of the final with a groin injury. We're trying to get Scott Fox in on an emergency loan from Motherwell.

Disaster.

🤣

And we would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

So close as well.

Everyone who gets to go on Friday, you may be preparing your hounding for Crawford, but can you save a little for that complete wage thief Butler.

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

We should be told to fuck off and use one of our available, registered goalkeepers.

I agree completely. It makes a mockery of the emergency rule if it basically means you don't have to employ goalkeepers because you can loan one if you feel like it. (And not that I'm cutting up onions for lower league footballers but you'd have to think that they would frown on it, since many of them would be out of a job.) Such emergency rules should be when three or sometimes two 'keepers are out, or if the squad is wrecked by illness or something. Not because of negligence from the club's owners.

EOho8Pw.png

4 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I agree completely. It makes a mockery of the emergency rule if it basically means you don't have to employ goalkeepers because you can loan one if you feel like it. (And not that I'm cutting up onions for lower league footballers but you'd have to think that they would frown on it, since many of them would be out of a job.) Such emergency rules should be when three or sometimes two 'keepers are out, or if the squad is wrecked by illness or something. Not because of negligence from the club's owners.

And in most uses of the emergency system, it's because clubs only have 1 so need cover on the bench, not to cover a club who has actively went without a keeper on the bench.

28 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Wondering if McAdams has signed a PCA with Ayr?

If I were McAdams I'd have my sights set on bigger and better clubs than Ayr. I could see him signing for a bottom half Premiership club for next season as their number two goalkeeper. He's been excellent this season and although he has had his shaky moments, I think he could progress more when he's got actual coaching for the vast majority of the season.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

From the relatively little I've seen of McAdams, I'd disagree. He may be one of the better players in the current squad but his all-round game is uneven and his distribution in particular is woeful. Any team that wants to do more with the ball than ourselves this season would quickly tire of it being shelled randomly back to the opposition or out of the park. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

He's not the finished article by any means but he's one of the players I'd want to keep hold of.

Agree. His overall contribution has been one of the few memorable things about this season. I take VT's point about his distribution being weak but he is young and has the potential to improve.

33 minutes ago, Deego said:

What exactly is Butler's injury?

Picking up a wage under false pretences disgraceful that is down too the idiots of the board for not doing a medical before he signed.

I'd agree with VT. McAdams has been ok but wouldn't be overly fussed if he or any of the current squad left. A complete overhaul is required. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should never have allowed Gaston to leave .

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Hats off to Fox, anything he had to do, he done it very comfortably over the two games. Happily take him next season.

From the current out of contract players, I'd be happy to keep McAdams, Ledger, Fjortoft, McLean(as a backup) Jacobs,  and Oliver.(third choice forward).

If we can convince McGinn,  I'd take him too, he's out of contract with Hibs.

Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Colville, not that fussed either way. Decent players on their day,but not convinced they have done enough.

The crucial list is this one- Butler, Mcginty, Blues, Orsi, Muirhead, Miller, Salkeld, Omar, Wallace, Johnson need to go. That removes a lot of the dead wood and allows Gus/New manager to built his own squad.

We know we are losing a few, guess we will find out who next week.

We are a few weeks behind everyone else so we need to kick on.

48 minutes ago, Madton said:

Hats off to Fox, anything he had to do, he done it very comfortably over the two games. Happily take him next season.

From the current out of contract players, I'd be happy to keep McAdams, Ledger, Fjortoft, McLean(as a backup) Jacobs,  and Oliver.(third choice forward).

If we can convince McGinn,  I'd take him too, he's out of contract with Hibs.

Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Colville, not that fussed either way. Decent players on their day,but not convinced they have done enough.

The crucial list is this one- Butler, Mcginty, Blues, Orsi, Muirhead, Miller, Salkeld, Omar, Wallace, Johnson need to go. That removes a lot of the dead wood and allows Gus/New manager to built his own squad.

We know we are losing a few, guess we will find out who next week.

We are a few weeks behind everyone else so we need to kick on.

What has Wallace and Butler done wrong? 

Archived