Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 51 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TonFan said:

Seriously? You wouldn't speak to him like that to his face, so don't act the big man on here, Penfold.

If that's the case I  don't think he'd need you to white Knight for him and I'm sure he wouldn't act like a prick in person either. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Just catching up on the interviews and interesting to hear Nesbitt talking about Ledger being so consistent even out of position.

Fjortoft gets a lot of credit but I'd be happier if we kept Ledger from. The two. 

Ledger has played a huge amount of minutes this season with not much mention. I regard this as a good thing. I'd certainly make him one of the few players to be offered a new deal - alternatives notwithstanding. 

EOho8Pw.png

Not to cover old ground but, of the first team, I'd want us to retain -

McAdams, Strapp, Ledger, Lyon, Jacobs, Colville, McGuffie and Nesbitt. Hynes is already staying. Wouldn't be upset if Fjortoft stayed on. 

If we go down then there are a couple more that could probably do a job but we could do better. If we are still handing out minimum wage contracts though then I think it will be a real struggle next season regardless of which division we are in. 

3 hours ago, so72 said:

McAdams, Strapp, Ledger, Lyon, Jacobs, Colville, McGuffie and Nesbitt. Hynes is already staying. Wouldn't be upset if Fjortoft stayed on. 

If we go down then there are a couple more that could probably do a job but we could do better. If we are still handing out minimum wage contracts though then I think it will be a real struggle next season regardless of which division we are in. 

I would like to think MCT  would be doing a bit better than the minimum wage to be honest.

15 hours ago, irnbru said:

Just catching up on the interviews and interesting to hear Nesbitt talking about Ledger being so consistent even out of position.

Fjortoft gets a lot of credit but I'd be happier if we kept Ledger from. The two. 

9 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Ledger has played a huge amount of minutes this season with not much mention. I regard this as a good thing. I'd certainly make him one of the few players to be offered a new deal - alternatives notwithstanding. 

Agreed. Ledger would be my choice for POTY, he's not been spectacular but he's quietly and effectively done his job well and hasn't been giving away goals every other game like his defensive colleagues. I'd definitely keep him if possible and, as always, assuming a few better options don't come along.

AWMSC

10 hours ago, so72 said:

I wouldn't give a deal to any of our forward players whether we stay up or not. We are where we are right now because they're not of the required standard or consistency (i.e. Nesbitt) to get the job done for us.

It's time for a full clear out in those positions regardless of which league we play in. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

I wouldn't give a deal to any of our forward players whether we stay up or not. We are where we are right now because they're not of the required standard or consistency (i.e. Nesbitt) to get the job done for us.

It's time for a full clear out in those positions regardless of which league we play in. 

Yeah thats totally understandable. I wouldn't be upset if Nesbit or McGuffie left. 

Nesbitt is stagnating and unless he's on peanuts he should be allowed to move on and hopefully kick on elsewhere.

McGuffie took a while to come into form but I see potential there.

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know what the fuck you were on about so I checked the official site. Buried at the foot of the McPherson interview:

MacPherson also confirmed that forward Kazaiah Sterling’s loan with the club has ended early and he has returned to Tottenham Hotspur.

The ‘Ton boss explained: “Kaz left us at the end of last week and has went back down to England to return to his parent club.

“I’d like to thank him for his contributions in the short time we got to work with him and I would also like to thank Tottenham for their assistance.

“Everyone at the club wishes him the very best for the future.”

Presumably he was told he wasn't getting a game here, or he asked if he could leave.

Pointless anyway.

image.png

EOho8Pw.png

53 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I didn't know what the fuck you were on about so I checked the official site. Buried at the foot of the McPherson interview:

Presumably he was told he wasn't getting a game here, or he asked if he could leave.

Pointless anyway.

image.png

Decided to go back early to see if he can add European Super League experience to his Champions League experience.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, HamCam said:

Behave! None of us thought we would sign anyone in the window and we go and sign someone none of us have ever heard of with Champions League experience. Look at it from the other side: Jose - Get you kit Kaziah you are heading out on loan to the best team in Greenock. Mind and pack your thermals.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:30 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Who did you expect Neymar?

Morton are where we are at the moment and like others I didn't expect any signings at all.

And the will be the same Harrogate Town that the much lauded (and goalless) Josh McPake went to.

Let's see how the guy fares before slaughtering him. Eh

On 2/1/2021 at 8:47 PM, Nornirontons said:

I suppose 1 positive thing other than us actually signing a player is Anton clearly still has connections at spurs and if youd have said we'd have signed a player from spurs on January 1st.... youd no doubt have been hounded off here!!!

Let's see what the boy can do. Any fool can reem off negative stats but this league hardly loaded with world beating teams, talent or Baresi type centre halves!! Its loaded with the exact opposite in all honesty.

The boy Rangers signed from Spurs on loan looked much better in this league than he proved elsewhere.

A league like this lacking in real quality might just be where the boy starts firing. Time will tell🤐

On 2/1/2021 at 9:59 PM, DreamOakTree said:

Okay if you believed that McElhone could make those signings then fair enough, you’re not one of those I was referring to. Especially if we sign a keeper. My other point was that some people are judging him before he’s kicked a ball for us.

How did that work out m8?

I didn't want to be too hard on Sterling while he was still with us, but frankly I am amazed that he managed to get signed by the likes of Tottenham.  He showed virtually nothing in his time with us - maybe a wee bit of credit for putting in some effort against Inverness in our away win - but he's right up there with Jonathan Toto, Donovan Simmonds and a whole troop of other nonentities who have darkened our doors over the last 20 years. Sterling just looked plain uninterested, stood and watched when he should have been putting in challenges. Complete waste of whatever he cost us, and the same could be said for Johnson although I can't remember seeing him appearing before about the 85th minute.  As for Butler, is his raison d'etre to wake Mcpherson up with a cup of Earl Grey in the morning and iron his tracksuit?

Sterling goes back to Spurs and Mourhinho clears his desk. Coincidence? I don't think so.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

28 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I didn't want to be too hard on Sterling while he was still with us, but frankly I am amazed that he managed to get signed by the likes of Tottenham.  

Do you think Mauricio Pochettino was personally responsible for this transfer 'swoop'?

The M.O. of any large academy is to hoover up anyone and everyone who might be half decent at the earliest possible age and jettison the overwhelming majority who turn out to be dung along the way. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

22 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Ok you were right, but I still say players should be given a chance before being written off / slated

It's funny how on the increasingly rare occasion that the club signs a player with a genuinely impressive track record, we don't see the usual suspects insisting on not making any prior judgment before they 'get their chance'. The Ringers' Charter only ever applies in favour of the club and the haddies it brings in wholesale every six months.

Archived