Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 50 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

tenor (38).gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Looks like next seasons first team being built

Well, the article is explicit that in order for younger players to be given a chance, some of the experienced players need to move on. That's not wrong, is it? We have too many senior players in certain positions. I'm not saying we should build the spine of the team around these four, no idea if they're good enough for that or not, but if we're having a youth system it doesn't make sense to have (for example) Muirhead and Oliver and Orsi and Sterling and Johnson and Wallace and Omar all battling for the same one or two positions. So instead we'll hopefully see something like, for key positions we have a first choice player, a backup or competitor, and a youth player. And as needed we can augment those with loans or short-term deals in the case of injury or Henkism.

EOho8Pw.png

I have no idea if any of these boys are any good or not. Only one I've seen play is easedale and he's done heehaw to merit a new deal. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

19 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

I have no idea if any of these boys are any good or not. Only one I've seen play is easedale and he's done heehaw to merit a new deal. 

I've seen Mcgrattan play twice for the development team. One of those was the game against Man Utd under 18s (?) and I thought he was our best player that day. He got subbed off after about 60mins or so, but IIRC that was due to him being included in the next first team squad that weekend.

Looks like a good passer, don't think he gave the ball away more than once that game (playing CM).

He was quite short then though, not sure if that's going to go against him in terms of being given a chance in the first team at some point. 

But technically he looked good enough to be in amongst the first team squad IMO.  

20 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Did Gus McPherson not check with you first before signing these boys up for the first team? I’m sure your views would have a bearing on his decision.

50 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Did Gus McPherson not check with you first before signing these boys up for the first team? I’m sure your views would have a bearing on his decision.

If you have an issue with people other than currently employed football managers expressing their opinions about a football team then you signed up to entirely the wrong site, didn't you?

And you know where the door is as well.

tenor (38).gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

If you have an issue with people other than currently employed football managers expressing their opinions about a football team then you signed up to entirely the wrong site, didn't you?

And you know where the door is as well.

tenor (38).gif

I don’t have an issue with people’s opinions, it’s the way the opinion is put across, with a hint of expertise or arrogance. He could have said:

I have no idea if any of these boys are any good or not (therefore I am unable to pass an opinion). Only one I've seen play is easedale and (in my opinion) he's doneheehaw to merit a new deal.

1 minute ago, DreamOakTree said:

I don’t have an issue with people’s opinions, it’s the way the opinion is put across, with a hint of expertise or arrogance. He could have said:

I have no idea if any of these boys are any good or not (therefore I am unable to pass an opinion). Only one I've seen play is easedale and (in my opinion) he's doneheehaw to merit a new deal.

Nobody cares about what your issues are champ, sit down. 

3 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Shut up you fucking prick. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived