Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 45 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Tele reporting that former Dundee Utd and Hamilton winger, Justin Johnson, has been training with us with a view to getting a deal. 

*FORMER MANCHESTER UNITED STARLET WITH PREMIERSHIP EXPERIENCE SIGNS FOR MORTON

5 appearances in the Premiership this season and released already? Cant be a good sign.

“The...right-sided midfielder would provide competition for the likes of Craig McGuffie, Cameron Salkeld, Luca Colville on the wings”, according to the Tele. That’s really quite a mental sentence, given that there is still not a credible striker in the squad. 

Once again, there’s little point in anyone at Morton gurning about budgets if this bizarre obsession with stockpiling wingers is going to continue even at this stage.

AWMSC

It really doesn't say much about how well rated the likes of Salkeld, McGuffie, Muirhead, Omar and of course Wallace are if we sign even more wingers, or god forbid another 'can play anywhere across the front three' type. Not that the management having a poor opinion of them isn't merited on recent performances.

Regardless of what formation we're playing, Lyon, Jacobs and Colville should be starting. I'd generally want to include Nesbitt in that but he definitely needs dropped for his own good just now after three shockers in a row. Looking at any combination of XI's we can put out, it's hard to believe that we're going to stop being so toothless up front.

Assuming Sterling is first choice at centre forward for simplicity's sake, we've got the following options.

Persist with the 4-2-3-1 with Lyon & Jacobs sitting and Colville in the three, probably on the left. Oliver in the middle, Nesbitt on the right?

Lyon - Jacobs

? - ? - Colville

Sterling

Revert to last season's post January 4-3-3/4-5-1 that saw us only lose 1 in 10, with Lyon in place of McAlister and no one half as good as Cadden in the front three. Oliver isn't really a wide option there, persist with McGuffie? Try Omar further forward in what is apparently his natural position? Salkeld to be industrious but offer nothing with the ball?

Lyon - Jacobs - Colville

? - Sterling - ?

Some sort of 4-4-1-1, again with Colville on the left? Nesbitt/McGuffie/Salkeld on the right, Oliver/Nesbitt/Wallace (I know) behind Sterling?

? - Lyon - Jacobs - Colville

?

Sterling

Could also combine the last two if we reverted to the shitfest a 0-0 every week back five. Lyon, Jacobs & Colville in central midfield with someone playing off Sterling.

Looking at all our options, I just don't see where the creativity or quality in attack is coming from. At this point we're pretty much clinging to Jacobs and Lyon being back in midfield to stop us being so easily outfought actually being enough to grind out points, when it's not going to fix either our lack of attacking quality or the deterioration of the defence.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I think that we really need to be looking at playing 2/3 upfront. Were just shelling the ball the way that were facing just now and the lone striker is just stranded as midfield are not supporting. Let’s actually go out and try to win the the game instead of sitting in hoping to steal a point.

It's peak Morton to sit around gormlessly letting all the other teams in the league make real, actual transfers of registered players in the January window, before unleashing our war chest to secure free agent ringers the following month.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

See you in Strasbourg!

This Johnson guy got chased out of Hamilton alongside Tunde, the guy who was scoring for fun for "FC United of Manchester" but didn't really do much at Accies. Why don't we bring Tunde in on trial? At least he's a forward (although he's probably not good enough.)

EOho8Pw.png

So what changed in the boardroom over the course of the week, given that the seaside leagues are not restarting any time soon?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived