Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Hej said:

tumblr_6db78063dad87e5771ed77ce060ede49_76232c01_1280.jpg

This sketch doesn't show the boy in his best light.

To be fair still on Spurs books at 22 doesn't indicate a lost cause. Things have maybe not gone well for him with injuries and opertunities but there must be a decent chance he will improve our forward line.

It's been dire the last few games so I feel the only way is up.

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Last of Northwood FC of the Isthmian League 

This is an odd one. I've been looking at the Barnet fans' forum and he keeps appearing in peoples' Team of the Decade. People think he was great. So apparently his drop to the eighth tier is due to a terrible knee tendon problem, and not because of a lack of ability. He wouldn't be the first 'keeper to make a surprising comeback after injury. Look at Craig Gordon. On the other hand, if we're looking for a 'keeper who is available in extremis, it's a gamble.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

On the other hand, if we're looking for a 'keeper who is available in extremis, it's a gamble.

The bigger gamble is not having one at all if McAdams gets injured/suspended. Get him in until the end of the season.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There's nothing wrong with being sceptical about players that are being lauded as ex-Liverpool or ex-Tottenham winding up on our doorstep.  Especially as they will have been hawked around the English lower leagues and non-league sides before trying their luck up here, and the bigger clubs like St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock, St. Mirren etc. Will have all knocked them back before half of our own division already had.  Let's get this straight - they're here because this is a stop on the downward spiral from the squad fringes of the EPL en route to the Dog & Duck pub leagues and the stories of what could have been.

We're not going to get another Dele Ali who was sitting around White Hart Lane with all that potential unnoticed. The best we could really hope for is a Dominic Shimmin-type with a better attitude.  I'd take that any day. 

*insert signature here*

26 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The bigger gamble is not having one at all if McAdams gets injured/suspended. Get him in until the end of the season.

Absolutely, especially if it's on a pay-if-you-play deal or something modest like that.

For goalkeepers especially it's a relatively low-risk proposition to bring in guys like this.

Honestly, on paper I'd be happier with this signing that I am with the Spurs guy (who, again, I hope does very well for us.) This guy has a very good track record in League Two that was only derailed due to injury.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Alsp apparently looking to bring in Livingston's Salim Kouider-Aissa on loan.

I’d be happy with that. He’s exactly the kind of player we should be gambling on from lower leagues. Someone that actually stood out, rather than just played to their level like Blues & Omar. 

Sterling in today's paper:

"I'm really looking forward to getting going. I saw the stadium for the first time today and everything is perfect."

Indeed it is. 

Says that this is a "really important loan" for his career and generally sounds realistic about the demands on him and well-motivated to perform. On first impressions at least, we're not dealing with a disinterested chancer.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Sterling in today's paper:

"I'm really looking forward to getting going. I saw the stadium for the first time today and everything is perfect."

Indeed it is. 

Says that this is a "really important loan" for his career and generally sounds realistic about the demands on him and well-motivated to perform. On first impressions at least, we're not dealing with a disinterested chancer.

Hopefully that is the case as some of the comments from his previous loans described him as just that.

Worked with Anton before so at least there's a bit of knowledge there on what he's all about.

Can he play in goals?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived