Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 39 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

8 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I remember that. Good thing he turned out to be a crock.

His YouTube compilation was incredible. 

Obviously wasn't the last time we were after Champions League experience, last time we wer in the shit we signed Novo...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing hungry young players from successful youth systems is generally a good idea. It worked out with Fred, after all. But how much of a shanner is this "Champions League experience" chat? He's got two minutes more of CL experience than I do, in a dead rubber against APOEL. (Spurs had already topped the group.) 

EOho8Pw.png

Behave! None of us thought we would sign anyone in the window and we go and sign someone none of us have ever heard of with Champions League experience. Look at it from the other side: Jose - Get you kit Kaziah you are heading out on loan to the best team in Greenock. Mind and pack your thermals.

2 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Behave! None of us thought we would sign anyone in the window and we go and sign someone none of us have ever heard of with Champions League experience. Look at it from the other side: Jose - Get you kit Kaziah you are heading out on loan to the best team in Greenock. Mind and pack your thermals.

No, but don’t even create the illusion that we are signing someone decent and allow the guy to immediately underwhelm.

We can take this for what it's worth but the Southend fan site has a user-driven player rating system. In this, Sterling is the fourth-worst player ranked out of the 55 players listed; and he's by far the worst with more than just a handful of appearances.

For the sake of fairness I'm only going to look at his starts, since it's hard to rate subs. Date, minutes played, rating, position.

15 Dec 2020    45 minutes    4.75    RM
31 Oct 2020    90 minutes    3.63    ST
20 Oct 2020    90 minutes    2.42    ST
17 Oct 2020    90 minutes    3.37    LW
10 Oct 2020    90 minutes    5.79    LM

In all but the most recent of these games, he was judged by the (admittedly small number of) Southend fans to be the worst player in their starting XI.

Of course these things are subjective, but it sounds like he didn't set the heather alight at the The Only Way Is Essex Arena* and got papped back to Spurs as soon as was decent.

And, it goes without saying, I want him to be a success here at Morton. Perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. Maybe he needs a run of games. We'll see.

ShrimperZone Ratings

*I assume

EOho8Pw.png

Actually quite happy with the signing tbh. Nesbitt has been off the boil and the team is crying out for some pace. Given our lack of funds and the need for a striker I'm at least hoping he brings a chaos factor that can make us less one dimensional. 

He will take one look at the pitch and head home to London no doubt. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

We can take this for what it's worth but the Southend fan site has a user-driven player rating system. In this, Sterling is the fourth-worst player ranked out of the 55 players listed; and he's by far the worst with more than just a handful of appearances.

For the sake of fairness I'm only going to look at his starts, since it's hard to rate subs. Date, minutes played, rating, position.

15 Dec 2020    45 minutes    4.75    RM
31 Oct 2020    90 minutes    3.63    ST
20 Oct 2020    90 minutes    2.42    ST
17 Oct 2020    90 minutes    3.37    LW
10 Oct 2020    90 minutes    5.79    LM

In all but the most recent of these games, he was judged by the (admittedly small number of) Southend fans to be the worst player in their starting XI.

Of course these things are subjective, but it sounds like he didn't set the heather alight at the The Only Way Is Essex Arena* and got papped back to Spurs as soon as was decent.

And, it goes without saying, I want him to be a success here at Morton. Perhaps a change of scenery will do him good. Maybe he needs a run of games. We'll see.

ShrimperZone Ratings

*I assume

Quote from a Southend fan on our twitter labelled him 'disinterested.'

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

No, but don’t even create the illusion that we are signing someone decent and allow the guy to immediately underwhelm.

I think there was an element of humour in the Morton 'teaser' tweet. Seriously who did you expect to jump out of the hat? I am just pleased we got someone in that maybe could get us enough goals to stay in the league this season. Admittedly, I have very low expectations.

Archived