Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 37 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While he's certainly improved in recent weeks, all talk of renewal and who deserves it etc has to be based off knowledge of the budget and how big a squad the manager is allowed.

I'm certainly not angry or disappointed that he's here until the end of the season, but as to whether or not it's a good move in the grand scheme of things, let's see where we are at the end of the month.

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

So, almost 2/3 of the way through the January window and we still run with only 1 goalkeeper. 

2 loan players off the books so far, surely there's a few quid there to get a loan keeper in as cover?

A few Premiership clubs have been recalling goalkeepers who were out on loan, possibly after the St Mirren issues v Hibs they're wanting to have their young goalkeepers readily available in case all the first teamers have to isolate.

I suppose if the suspension of Leagues One & Two is extended before the end of January we could get someone on loan from one of them if they aren't going to be using their first choices anyway? Although by the same token the suspension of the WOSL means we should at least have Wylie back to sit on the bench if McAdams is injured or sent off during a game, then if he isn't trusted to stand in for him for a long term absence we could get an emergency loan then?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, dunning1874 said:

A few Premiership clubs have been recalling goalkeepers who were out on loan, possibly after the St Mirren issues v Hibs they're wanting to have their young goalkeepers readily available in case all the first teamers have to isolate.

I suppose if the suspension of Leagues One & Two is extended before the end of January we could get someone on loan from one of them if they aren't going to be using their first choices anyway? Although by the same token the suspension of the WOSL means we should at least have Wylie back to sit on the bench if McAdams is injured or sent off during a game, then if he isn't trusted to stand in for him for a long term absence we could get an emergency loan then?

I will be honest, I expected Wylie to be doing that already, just as the likes of Easdale and McGrattan have done in recent games. Perhaps he's injured? We'd never know since the club never releases information on injuries and likes.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Scott said:

Not sure if the Tele reporters latest tweet means we’re signing El Bakthaoui

Was a few tweets about us signing him before he posted that... wouldn’t think of it as confirmation more just acknowledging the rumours 

Last seen stinking the place out for 'Difaa El Jadida' of the Moroccan top flight, wherein he has managed 0 (zero) goals in 564 minutes of football - 6 starts and 8 substitute appearances across a season-and-a-bit.

It should be acknowledged that QoS - his last Scottish club - seemed to rate him, despite a poor return of goals. The Moroccan outfit had to pay them in order to sign him. 

EOho8Pw.png

I took that tweet as an indication that we definitely aren't signing El Bakhtaoui rather than there being any substance to that rumour. Which is a relief, as the last thing we need is another League One standard forward.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Someone incoming. Fingers crossed it’s a striker that can actually score goals.

It said an announcement so it's probably to let us know that the towels will be on sale in Smiths by 2022.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived