Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

17 hours ago, so72 said:

Not sure if this is a possibility, but with Holt leaving Livi, might they try and get Hopkin back?

Fine by me if he also takes all the guid honest players who the club supposedly owed a living to over the summer, and we can no longer be hectored for not appreciating the unique struggle of professional footballers to earn a living this year. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming some bad wording from the Record because loans run window to window, so the end date has to be 1 January at the earliest. Rangers could have recalled him early, but there's really no point in them doing that as they can't send him anywhere else until the window opens either.

When they're linking him with other clubs you'd assume there is something in it so maybe Rangers have decided they'd rather see him tested in England and tonight's the last we'll see of him. Nesbitt straight into the team in the same role if that's the case.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

8 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I'm assuming some bad wording from the Record because loans run window to window, so the end date has to be 1 January at the earliest. Rangers could have recalled him early, but there's really no point in them doing that as they can't send him anywhere else until the window opens either.

When they're linking him with other clubs you'd assume there is something in it so maybe Rangers have decided they'd rather see him tested in England and tonight's the last we'll see of him. Nesbitt straight into the team in the same role if that's the case.

Yeah, the actual article changes it to 'set to end' and likely.

He had no end product at all. A good outlet to carry the ball on his own and get the team up the park but it's not as if the team are going to be any more short of goals without him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Given the minor Covid outbreak now and the increasing likelihood that it could impact the club again in weeks to come, it's time for the club to get a goalkeeper in before the next league game in a fortnight. If there's an outbreak that impacts McAdams then the other goalkeeper might well be ruled out as well but I cannot see the SPFL looking kindly on us having our one signed goalkeeper missing and looking for a postponement.

We are too close to the line to risk some completely avoidable fuck up suddenly derailing our campaign now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

12 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Given the minor Covid outbreak now and the increasing likelihood that it could impact the club again in weeks to come, it's time for the club to get a goalkeeper in before the next league game in a fortnight. If there's an outbreak that impacts McAdams then the other goalkeeper might well be ruled out as well but I cannot see the SPFL looking kindly on us having our one signed goalkeeper missing and looking for a postponement.

We are too close to the line to risk some completely avoidable fuck up suddenly derailing our campaign now. 

You just know that any keeper we sign now will probably test positive immediately after signing. Probably catch it from the biro used to sign the contract...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I couldn’t even point out anything of note he did in his time here, thought he’d have been one of the better acquisitions too.

Goal against St Mirren would be the notable contribution. Thought he looked decent but we have got plenty of options up there.

Archived