Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread - Page 30 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Keep/Get Rid Contract Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, I enjoyed the interviews. Good questions, good mix of the club chat and the player's individual histories. All three of them come across well.

Interesting that Wallace says he feels he's strongest as a number 10, as opposed to out wide, although he says he can play anywhere.

Markus does indeed seem very eloquent but a guy with his accent has no business using the word "gaffer". Get that changed, Markus. He also says we'll be "hard to beat". Going to hold him to that.

He jokingly said he might play on every continent - that's actually been done by a goalkeeper, Lutz Pfannenstiel. He played in (among others) England, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, and Brazil. Another one of those, same time tomorrow.

EOho8Pw.png

Mafoumbi, 26, played all 9 of Morecambe's League 2 games from when he signed until the season was curtailed. 2 clean sheets in that period. Has 16 caps for the Congo.

Grant Savoury, 20, is an ex-celtic youth who played 6 games for Edinburgh City after signing on loan in January. Started 5, 4 of them as a RW, one as a striker. 

Another forward would be tremendous patter even by Hopkin's standards. Even if we get to some ridiculous place where we're playing 2-3-5 with the midfield three having two wingers in it we won't be able to fit them all on the bench.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

29 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Another forward would be tremendous patter even by Hopkin's standards. Even if we get to some ridiculous place where we're playing 3-3-5 with the midfield three having two wingers in it we won't be able to fit them all on the bench.

Nae keeper?

Keeper would have played with Jim at Blackpool, wonder if he recommended him?

Edit- looks very decent on paper, 18 appearances at league 1 level in 18-19,  presumably he will be the number 1 if we do sign him. 

Night and day from big Sam's CV. 

Archived