Championship 20/21 - Page 27 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It's cool, the proposal looks like failing with the Premiership clubs vetoing it before it gets anywhere.

In other news, could be some fans back in for the playoffs. Only 500 though.

'Clubs could have fans inside their ground for the SPFL play-offs after the Scottish government confirmed up 500 supporters are permitted when the country goes to level 2 of lockdown restrictions, which is scheduled for 17 May. (Sun)'

I hope Arbroath enjoy that.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All eyes on Arbroath v Ayr today.

Something's got to give. Draw prob best for us as they both face playoff contenders next week whilst we play hopefully relegated Alloa.( Need Raith to take at least a point today)

Would expect us to be at worst 8th next Saturday night assuming we win(big assumption right enough) as can't see both of them winning their games.

Of course, we could make it much easier by skudding Hearts on Tuesday.

Huge week ahead.

I didn’t realise Ayr were as close to us. This result makes our situation seem a lot more precarious, going up to Arbroath needing a result with their recent form isn’t something any team would fancy. Hopefully we can get something from Hearts and manage to render the Arbroath game meaningless.

AWMSC

6 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

I didn’t realise Ayr were as close to us. This result makes our situation seem a lot more precarious, going up to Arbroath needing a result with their recent form isn’t something any team would fancy. Hopefully we can get something from Hearts and manage to render the Arbroath game meaningless.

Aye have looked for a while to be the most likely competition  for 9th.

If we do our job next week, their trip to Inverness on the last day should seal the deal.

Ayr's last two games are QotS at home and Caley away. If we cant take more points vs an already crowned Hearts, Alloa and Arbroath then we deserve what we get. As said above, GD might be an issue. However, I think it was VT who mentioned the possibility of a leisurely 0-0 vs Arbroath that keeps us both up - yes please.

3 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

It's why, although a draw would have been best, I'm actually happier with Arbroath winning than Ayr. While we can't control Ayr's last two results and finishing above Arbroath is in our own hands, it gives us a better chance of staying up while losing to Arbroath than an Ayr win would have and keeps Ayr in the mix; they'd have been realistically safe with a win today.

Although with Ayr having a winnable home game v Queen of the South coming up, it really is important that we take something from Hearts. Raith better get the finger out and get Alloa relegated today.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

It's why, although a draw would have been best, I'm actually happier with Arbroath winning than Ayr. While we can't control Ayr's last two results and finishing above Arbroath is in our own hands, it gives us a better chance of staying up while losing to Arbroath than an Ayr win would have and keeps Ayr in the mix; they'd have been realistically safe with a win today.

Although with Ayr having a winnable home game v Queen of the South coming up, it really is important that we take something from Hearts. Raith better get the finger out and get Alloa relegated today.

Agree, more than happy with an Ayr win. A demoralising pumping is an added bonus.

Archived