Championship 20/21 - Page 25 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, Deego said:

We’ll finish 4th.

Not sure about that, but if we play like we did on Saturday for the remainder of the season, we’ll be fine. We look far better trying to keep the ball down. Brings the midfield in to play instead of giving them sore necks. Credit to Gus McPherson for that. Other than leaving Lyon on the bench (and even that was balanced by Hynes’ performance), his team and tactics were spot on. Tomorrow night will maybe let us see if we have a sustained improvement or just a one off. Hope we continue with two up front - Oliver is an intelligent player and he makes a difference imho. Also seemed to bring about an improvement in Nesbitt. Beginning to think Hopkin was actually clueless.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

On 3/21/2021 at 12:51 PM, Madton said:

Raith-D

ICT-W

Dundee-L

Hearts- L

Alloa-W

Arbroath-D

33 points, should be enough.

I was writing off the Raith game but expecting something from Dundee or Hearts instead.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:51 PM, Madton said:

Raith-D

ICT-W

Dundee-L

Hearts- L

Alloa-W

Arbroath-D

33 points, should be enough.

Arbroath would need to get at least 10 points over their next 5 matches for that not to be enough. Anything over 30 points should hopefully be enough (and if it's not it'll probably be because Arbroath beat us on the final day).

4 hours ago, Boogs49 said:

Cammy Smith has left Ayr. His move to America a month earlier than planned due to Covid quarantine rules.

Good player. Glad he's away. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

20 hours ago, Boogs49 said:

Cammy Smith has left Ayr. His move to America a month earlier than planned due to Covid quarantine rules.

They also saw Raith announce a pre-contract for Zanatta  yesterday too. He was tweeting how delighted he is to be back and how he can't wait to get going, much to the annoyance of the Ayr fans.

Might see that move rushed through on loan before the window closes.

Our game against Hearts on 17th April will be rearranged because of our Scottish Cup commitments.

Hearts have no such issues, but fortunately, League One minnows “Partick Thistle” are out of action that day, so maybe they could arrange a fundraising friendly with their wee pals.

Hopefully the delay will allow Hearts to wrap up the title (by default) before we play them. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The BBC are obviously hoping Hearts can win the league on their visit to Cappielow. It has been rescheduled to Tuesday 20th at 7.05 because, unlike Hearts, we are still in the Scottish Cup. It will now also be broadcast on BBC Scotland.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Was down at the second pitch today. Its a cracking surface but already has some litter on it. Few empty booze bottles and fag ends. Need to nip that In the bud. 

Just a shame that Ramsbottom has already been snapped up by another useless manager. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Panic intensifying amongst Ayr fans with strong rumours that their goalkeeper Sinisalo is away.

Where's he away to? 

Archived