Championship 20/21 - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to keep pace with Ayr and Inverness we cannot afford to lose on Saturday and potentially be more than 3 points behind 7th and be cut adrift left to fight for 8th with alloa and Arbroath.

Saturday is absolutely massive nothing but 3 points is acceptable.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

After the lift from getting an away win the relegation current is suddenly stronger against us.

After Queen's game a difficult run before the Arbroath and Alloa games.

At a minimum we need to be four points off the bottom spot going into those game to stand a chance and not shit our pants.

Have not given up as I still see signs of good team spirit which we might need in buckets.

14 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Queens get both their red cards from Saturday over turned 

5.50 and 8.20 for the red cards. Looks to me like they’ve got off with one, particularly McCabe’s red card.

Look at the reaction of his own team to McCade's red. How have they managed to get that overturned?!

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

If we can't finish above two part-time teams starting with a points advantage with seven games to play then the club and the squad have absolutely zero right to play in the second tier of Scottish football. Not concerned in the slightest about other results then - the task is entirely straightforward regardless. 

Throw in the need to sort out the absolute nick of the club in the short term and secure the survival of the club in the long term, and I wouldn't be particularly bothered by failure on the park right now anyway. It should be nowhere near the top of our priority list and rebuilding a club after years of decay and mismanagement will simply not be achieved while remaining competitive in the Championship. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Queen of the South's remaining fixtures:

Hearts (away)

Raith (away)

ICT (home)

Dunfermline (away)

Ayr (away)

Dundee (home).

The same run-in as ours except they have Dunfermline and Ayr while we have the bottom two, as well as having to play Hearts next week away rather than at home on April 17th when the title will be long since wrapped up. (Dundee at home instead of away for the final day). 

You'd have to say that not getting two points more than them would be a failure, but if we do that then it'll be job done on the park for this season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm quite glad we are not having to play Ayr again this season.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

17 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Queen of the South's remaining fixtures:

Hearts (away)

Raith (away)

ICT (home)

Dunfermline (away)

Ayr (away)

Dundee (home).

The same run-in as ours except they have Dunfermline and Ayr while we have the bottom two, as well as having to play Hearts next week away rather than at home on April 17th when the title will be long since wrapped up. (Dundee at home instead of away for the final day). 

You'd have to say that not getting two points more than them would be a failure, but if we do that then it'll be job done on the park for this season. 

QOS took a grand total of ZERO points from that set of fixtures earlier in the season.

Despite their great run recently, which meant they were the only team from the current 5th to 9th that made up any ground over that period, they remain very much in the relegation fight and their fans are quite rightfully starting to brick it again.

Form over the past 6 games had ICT, Ayr, Morton and Arbroath all taking 8 points. Hopefully at worst everyone continues to cut each other's throat and same again for the final 6 games would be just grand.

Notice Raith's form also. We should be going into next week looking to win, especially with them missing a few players (Davidson added to the list after his recent red card).

Screenshot_20210321-115420_Chrome.jpg

Archived