Championship 20/21 - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

I genuinely thought you meant optimistic from our perspective as they would all be terrible, because Stubbs and McCoist are obviously hopeless while there's nothing to suggest McFadden will ever be a manager. I'd be absolutely delighted to see a relegation rival appoint any of them.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

McFadden has a pundit gig - don't see him leaving that in a hurry. Same with McCoist at Amazon. Stubbs is jobless at the moment but I can't see that sort of post appealing to him.

Fair on the pundit point which is a likely barrier but if any of them have aspirations of being a manager, a gig at Ayr probably isn't that far fetched.

They would all be rancid choices, particularly in their precarious position.

Anyway, David Robertson the latest name to be linked (not that prick that stank the place out for us in the relegation season but the ex-Rangers, Real Kashmir boss).

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Can't see anyone from our league being relegated whilst the other leagues are still at a standstill. Hopefully this is the case and the misery is further piled on to the West End Fluffers and Bus Shelter Dwellers. 

They still seem optimistic of restarting but cutting it to an 18 game season.

Would love it to be canned though.

2 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Can't see anyone from our league being relegated whilst the other leagues are still at a standstill. Hopefully this is the case and the misery is further piled on to the West End Fluffers and Bus Shelter Dwellers. 

Grangemouth still have the worst covid figures in Scotland by a distance. The whole council area should be locked down until 2025 at the earliest never mind letting them play football.

Just them though.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

4 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

That's the green light given for them to return to training. Testing must be agreed and put in place before they return to matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56254716

ICT piss away another of their games in hand, losing 2-1 at Dundee.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Dunfermline v Raith on Friday off because Dunfermline have a single (ONE) positive Covid case.

If so many other players are deemed close contacts that they can no longer fulfil the fixture, what the fuck have they been doing?

Kick them out of the cup.

Only way to be sure.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

It must absolutely suck to be a Thistle fan: 

• Sense of injustice surrounding the circumstances of the relegation;
  • Relegated anyway (LOL);
  • FITH (5th) in the minnow league;
  • League suspended
  • 200k short of the big boys 500k as a result of being relegated; and
  • Likely won't come back up at the first time of asking.

Things you LOVE to see:

THAT

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Aye hold on while we potentially wait three weeks between our last league game and the play-offs starting, because some stupid tinpot league now wants to run a useless split that was not in the original schedule. Meanwhile every other Championship club is free to tie up contracts next season - including ones for our out of contract players - while we could have two weeks fewer to empty the Raes, bring in a new administration (possibly quite literally), appoint a manager, chief executive etc. and only then start building a squad based on what league we end up in, before July rolls around in no time at all. 

Launch that shite into sun. Either they fulfil the existing play-off schedule or they shouldn't take place. This taking the piss has just removed my tolerance of even one week's delay. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You could justify a delay to the playoffs of a week or so if that was necessary to complete the season. In this proposal it clearly isn't necessary; they can play an 18 game season without a nonsensical split and finish on time, so there are no valid grounds for a delay.

The choices should be to play an 18 game season which finishes by the scheduled date, as is easily possible and keeps some midweeks free in the entirely plausible event one or more clubs loses ten days of the calendar due to a positive test and players needing to isolate, or otherwise charge ahead with their back of a fag packet split idea and get no playoffs because they can't finish in time. In their 22 game insanity they also run a bigger risk of failing to meet a delayed playoff date anyway if clubs have Covid postponements, with fewer weekends to fit games in.

It's a whole lot of complexity for no apparent reason; nowhere in their joint statement do the clubs explain what's wrong with playing an 18 game season.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived