Championship 20/21 - Page 18 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Banning Sky Sports until Andy Walker apologises to them, absolute gold. That's a total heads gone interview. Even had a go at Raith Rovers. Owell, if nothing else, at least we aren't the biggest riddy this year.

1 hour ago, so72 said:

Banning Sky Sports until Andy Walker apologises to them, absolute gold. That's a total heads gone interview. Even had a go at Raith Rovers. Owell, if nothing else, at least we aren't the biggest riddy this year.

It begs the question about where Sky go from here. We all know that the Sky deal revolves round Rangers and Celtic- if the Celtic Manager refuses to commit his players for interviews with Sky, will his club forfeit their share of the revenue from the broadcast deal? Or would Sky be able to say to Neil Doncaster that the SPFL are in breach of contract and pull the plug?

There are of course some striking parallels with Rangers’ dispute with the BBC, although I believe the BBC aren’t technically banned from Ibrox but choose not to engage after Rangers’ treatment of Chris McLaughlin. Given that the Sky deal is worth a lot more money to Scottish football, and to Celtic, as one of the game’s poster boys, I’d suggest they tread very carefully here before going into bunker mode and backing their manager against the big bad media, here. His position’s completely untenable at Celtic and the sooner he’s out of Scottish football completely, the better for all parties, Lennon in particular.

11 hours ago, Toby said:

It begs the question about where Sky go from here. We all know that the Sky deal revolves round Rangers and Celtic- if the Celtic Manager refuses to commit his players for interviews with Sky, will his club forfeit their share of the revenue from the broadcast deal? Or would Sky be able to say to Neil Doncaster that the SPFL are in breach of contract and pull the plug?

There are of course some striking parallels with Rangers’ dispute with the BBC, although I believe the BBC aren’t technically banned from Ibrox but choose not to engage after Rangers’ treatment of Chris McLaughlin. Given that the Sky deal is worth a lot more money to Scottish football, and to Celtic, as one of the game’s poster boys, I’d suggest they tread very carefully here before going into bunker mode and backing their manager against the big bad media, here. His position’s completely untenable at Celtic and the sooner he’s out of Scottish football completely, the better for all parties, Lennon in particular.

Yeah pretty much bang on. Lennon has totally lost it, needs to go for his own health by the looks of it. Celtic banning Sky is pretty much the full circle from Rangers vs BBC. Just can't understand how their fans don't seem to care about winning 9iar and all the cups. Morton have been to Hampden once in my lifetime and won a few lower league titles but only following relegations etc. 

"Privilleges" indeed.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:26 AM, so72 said:

True but give it time. Our family owners are nothing if not resolute in ensuring we are headline makers for all the wrong reasons. Lenny has however set the bar very high or is it low for 2021.

1 hour ago, HamCam said:

I might add kudos to Derek Gaston for his kudos tweet:

"Iv not seen Lennon this angry since @KudusOyenuga smashed into the hibs player in front of the dugouts at Easter road and he wanted a square go with jim Duffy."

That was glorious. Imagine he had actually managed to get anywhere near Duffy. Great tackle by Kudus btw. Never a foul 😂.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

33 minutes ago, Alibi said:

That was glorious. Imagine he had actually managed to get anywhere near Duffy. Great tackle by Kudus btw. Never a foul 😂.

If you watch the video back, I'm sure there is a point where Lennon could grab Duffy if he wanted to, but he chose not to.  

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

8 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

If you watch the video back, I'm sure there is a point where Lennon could grab Duffy if he wanted to, but he chose not to.  

If I remember right, when the opportunity presented itself to properly have a go, Lennon displayed the classic pretend hardman reaction of looking round for his mates 'to haud him back'.

1 hour ago, JLTON said:

That was one fucking sweet tackle though, worth the red!

Cleared him out a peach. I remember the return game a couple of weeks later and Lennon walking toward the Cowshed cupping his ears...after a 1-1 draw.

Total fanny of a man.

Excuse me for meandering off. The 4-3 cup win at Easter Road was another highlight for me. If I remember right we were not in the best of form but a reasonable support travelled through for the game. We went two up only to be pegged back requiring extra-time - much to the merriment of the Hibs Young Team. Hibs then took the lead, we equalised with a penalty and then the scenes as Harding (?) scored the winner. Some memorable singing that night.

Archived