Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly this is where we are at.

Yes a difficult time for all with companies and incomes under pressure.

I would ask that all sane non keyboard warriors consider if they can support the club in anyway.

Let's ditch the Rae issues Morton like other community clubs are at the edge.

I for one will give additional support.

I also respect the position that some are unable to help at this moment in time but would ask them to refrain from attacking the club and the Raes.

Please let us all stick together or we will sprint into old firm trophy chasers.

Who are you? You're calling other people keyboard warriors but you've never revealed that.

Will you be asking the club's owners to contribute to the upkeep as well, or just the proles?

EOho8Pw.png

Given that the leagues look likely to be abandoned for this season, and there are therefore no meaningful league positions, would it not be equitable just to divide the various pots of cash normally awarded on a sliding scale by 40 and give every league club in Scotland the same amount?  That would go a long way to helping clubs in the lower divisions.  I can imagine the howls of rage from the gruesome twosome and a lot of the top division clubs, but these are unprecedented times, and you cannot award prize money based on a fiction.  The likes of Celtic and Rangers don't need the relatively small amounts involved (remember they have money from their European campaigns).  Time for them to give back to the teams without whom they wouldn't have a league in which to play.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

There’s now a suggestion of turning the leagues into 3 x 14 teams.

Dundee Utd and Inverness promoted, no relegation from Premiership.

SIX teams promoted from league 1 into Championship. Allowing that horrible mob from Grangemouth a free pass back to the 2nd tier. The other 4 teams from League 1 would be ‘relegated’ to the bottom tier with no promotion for the teams from the current league 2. Also no relegation from League 2.

14 team leagues are fine with me but there should be playoffs to sort out who goes where if possible and relegation for the utter shite at the bottom of the current leagues regardless.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Who are you? You're calling other people keyboard warriors but you've never revealed that.

Will you be asking the club's owners to contribute to the upkeep as well, or just the proles?

I am a Morton supporter and have attended the majority of home games since 1968. Held a season ticket with exception of Scott years as he wanted to ban me for asking for my stand seat in some cup game.

I have also attended a fair no of away games.

My reference to keyboard warriors is that I consider them as people who like to make statements not doers.

Not sure what you want me to reveal.

Think we have gone beyond the Raes so no point in expecting them to be our saviours.

As stated I would ask any Morton supporters who are able 2 offer support to do so.

I fully understand some will not be able or wish to see how things developed.

I am a Morton supporter and have attended the majority of home games since 1968. Held a season ticket with exception of Scott years as he wanted to ban me for asking for my stand seat in some cup game.

I have also attended a fair no of away games.

My reference to keyboard warriors is that I consider them as people who like to make statements not doers.

Not sure what you want me to reveal.

Think we have gone beyond the Raes so no point in expecting them to be our saviours.

As stated I would ask any Morton supporters who are able 2 offer support to do so.

I fully understand some will not be able or wish to see how things developed.

That's not what a keyboard warrior is. It's almost always used in conjunction with people hiding behind their keyboards anonymously. That's why I want to know who you are, because unlike yours my identity isn't concealed and I've met several people off this forum.

Got it, "no point" in expecting the people who own the club to aid with its welfare in these trying times, but here you are to tell people they're off-limits for criticism.

Pretty obvious what your agenda is.

EOho8Pw.png

Great to know you understand my agenda.

A simple let's save our club and not waste time waiting for a saviour on a white charger.

KW yes simplified def by me, its understood they act anonymously.

So your identity is not hidden, yet I can't see or wish to see it.

I didn't know members held get to know you nights always up for a good night out with like minded people I like.

Nobody is at the edge much more then they would have been at this time. There has only been 1 week without a game.

The begging bowls are premature until we know what support will be coming at an institutional level, some of which has already started.

I get that point, but at the same time clubs aren’t going to wait until they’re a couple of days from the money running out and failing to pay wages, while the SPFL have already said they have no extra money to give out. If clubs ask for help only when the shit actually hits the fan any money they get in is going to be too little too late to make a difference, but if they do it now they can get some cash reserves to protect them when the trouble actually starts.

By the same token, while you can say it would help for the club to be clear around what running costs they need, no one knows how long this will go on. If a club releases a figure based on no games until June, have a push to raise it, reach it and have a fanfare thanking supporters for their help only to then find out there are going to be no games until August and they need to raise even more just to hold off administration, it’s going to put people off helping.

For all the criticisms and concerns people have around MCT, at least doing it through them means Morton fans making a contribution will be working towards getting something in return in the form of debt cancellation and shares, whereas most clubs are just asking for fans to give them money without anything coming in return.

None of this means Crawford Rae/Golden Casket don’t have a responsibility to protect the club themselves. However at a time when many clubs in the SPFL are facing an existential threat and will be asking fans for help, this gives Morton fans a better option for helping out than many other clubs.

Such as Raith, whose appeals amount to ‘just give us money to keep us going and get nothing back for it’, or Partick asking fans for £20K to tide them over while the owners owe the club a six figure sum.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Like others I'm disinclined to put my hand in my pocket until I know the extent of the issue. More info is required on what the authorities and the club are doing to mitigate.

McDade has said on twitter that there’ll be an interview with MacKinnon going up today, so we’ll hopefully get more details then.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I actually made the point on our group chat saying that only Celtic could make a worldwide pandemic all about them and the injustices they suffer.

Was quickly corrected with examples of Liverpool, Falkirk and now West Ham. It takes a special sort I suppose.

Never knowingly outdone when it comes to self-aggrandising, birthday caird pish, Queen Margaret Drive's darlings Partick Thistle enter the fray with a particularly cringeworthy effort:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18317671.partick-thistle-change-club-name-crest-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-support-fans/

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Great to know you understand my agenda.

A simple let's save our club and not waste time waiting for a saviour on a white charger.

KW yes simplified def by me, its understood they act anonymously.

So your identity is not hidden, yet I can't see or wish to see it.

I didn't know members held get to know you nights always up for a good night out with like minded people I like.

The agenda is that you think the people with both the most responsibility and the most potential to act here - the family that controls almost all the equity of the club - bear no responsibility and must, regardless of their (in)action, face absolutely no criticism in the face of the club's crisis. Instead the entire responsibility lands on the shoulders of the support. It's an absolutely craven attitude to have and one that will ultimately lead to far greater trouble for the club. It's actually incumbent on the club and the support to keep Morton alive here, and the Raes control the club. They absolutely need to lead by example, even if they don't especially feel like putting their hands in their pockets. Anyone who says they don't is just a toady.

I'm glad you're walking back your "keyboard warrior" accusation. It was a silly thing to say for someone hell bent on sniping from the sidelines without putting his name to anything. Very convenient that after accusing people of acting anonymously you now pretend not to care who they are. Why make an issue of it in the first place, then? Toadying and cowardice always, always go hand in hand, so I'm hardly surprised.

EOho8Pw.png

Never knowingly outdone when it comes to self-aggrandising, birthday caird pish, Queen Margaret Drive's darlings Partick Thistle enter the fray with a particularly cringeworthy effort:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18317671.partick-thistle-change-club-name-crest-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-support-fans/

In fairness they probably should stick to phoning old folk since clearly they're not cut out for association football.

EOho8Pw.png

The agenda is that you think the people with both the most responsibility and the most potential to act here - the family that controls almost all the equity of the club - bear no responsibility and must, regardless of their (in)action, face absolutely no criticism in the face of the club's crisis. Instead the entire responsibility lands on the shoulders of the support. It's an absolutely craven attitude to have and one that will ultimately lead to far greater trouble for the club. It's actually incumbent on the club and the support to keep Morton alive here, and the Raes control the club. They absolutely need to lead by example, even if they don't especially feel like putting their hands in their pockets. Anyone who says they don't is just a toady.

I'm glad you're walking back your "keyboard warrior" accusation. It was a silly thing to say for someone hell bent on sniping from the sidelines without putting his name to anything. Very convenient that after accusing people of acting anonymously you now pretend not to care who they are. Why make an issue of it in the first place, then? Toadying and cowardice always, always go hand in hand, so I'm hardly surprised.

Have you read my postings I must be on the wrong forum.

I understand that this is a platform for expressing opinions.

When I registered I gave all details required and my email address.

Having read your postings it is not likely that I would seek to add you as a buddy.

I am with Dunning on this though maybe if I had the time would had elabourated and simplified my position.

I do not intend printing my address and phone number.

But if your looking to get to know me I will be seated in section C row g ish just give me a shout next game. Don't have my season ticket with on hols.

Strange MacKinnon saying 'we have no debt'. Well that's not really true.

DDF once said this too. I think they both meant external and serviceable debt - ie we aren’t having to finance debt as other clubs will have to do who don’t have a lender of last resort (which GC have continued to be, as far as I know (and MacKinnon suggested this in his interview), despite what was said pre-season).

Archived