Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

I get it, just strange to say all out we have no debt.

So, not doom and gloom down Cappielow way and since then the government measure have been announced including covering wages.

Can the few panic merchants calm down now?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m hoping the announcement coming after the interview that the government will cover 80% of wages up to £2500 a month per employee (which will cover every Championship player not based in Dundee) removes the threat here.

They’ll still need to cover the remaining 20% of wages with no matchday income, but am I right in saying roughly 20% of the first team budget (stated at the last Q&A?) is covered by MCT’s existing contributions which will still be flowing in? I know MCT talk in terms of first team budget whereas the club needs to find that 20% for all employees rather than just first team players, but this has surely made it manageable.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I get it, just strange to say all out we have no debt.

So, not doom and gloom down Cappielow way and since then the government measure have been announced including covering wages.

Can the few panic merchants calm down now?

And Raith can hand over all their blood money to a local food bank or healthcare charity, seeing as they didn’t need a single penny of it in the first place.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's a good opportunity for clubs ahead of next season. If they can show some loyalty and support to players then it probably gives an increased chance of holding on to guys like Cadden and getting a reputation as good employers.

I’m hoping the announcement coming after the interview that the government will cover 80% of wages up to £2500 a month per employee (which will cover every Championship player not based in Dundee) removes the threat here.

They’ll still need to cover the remaining 20% of wages with no matchday income, but am I right in saying roughly 20% of the first team budget (stated at the last Q&A?) is covered by MCT’s existing contributions which will still be flowing in? I know MCT talk in terms of first team budget whereas the club needs to find that 20% for all employees rather than just first team players, but this has surely made it manageable.

I'm not sure if they do necessarily have to cover the remaining 20% of wages - is that really what pubs, restaurants etc. will be doing as well? I read the scheme as employees getting 80% of their previous wage for enforced downtime, which is reasonable enough.

There'll be other fixed costs that MCT money and other forms of income/insurance will have to cover as well.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I'm not sure if they do necessarily have to cover the remaining 20% of wages - is that really what pubs, restaurants etc. will be doing as well? I read the scheme as employees getting 80% of their previous wage for enforced downtime, which is reasonable enough.

There'll be other fixed costs that MCT money and other forms of income/insurance will have to cover as well.

The employer will pay the normal wage (unless they negotiate a change with employees) then claim 80% back from HMRC.

This, plus deferred VAT payments and available grants should see the club alright.

The employer will pay the normal wage (unless they negotiate a change with employees) then claim 80% back from HMRC.

This, plus deferred VAT payments and available grants should see the club alright.

I suspect most employers will not be paying the 20%. From speaking to people who have already been affected the most common reaction of employers has been termination, unpaid leave or 50% cut. As much as I despise the Tory government, I acknowledge that this proposal could be what keeps many business afloat and people in jobs. I also think three months is optimistic.

Doesn’t affect us, but I see the Edinburgh City chairman has said he doesn’t think the government funding to cover 80% of wages will help them, as his understanding is thay in the case of people with two jobs it only applies to one job and for the majority of part-time players their other job is their primary source of income. Part-time clubs could still be up shit creek here if that’s accurate.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Doesn’t affect us, but I see the Edinburgh City chairman has said he doesn’t think the government funding to cover 80% of wages will help them, as his understanding is thay in the case of people with two jobs it only applies to one job and for the majority of part-time players their other job is their primary source of income. Part-time clubs could still be up shit creek here if that’s accurate.

Fingers crossed that fat Tory cunt Mulraney at Alloa goes bankrupt.

And Clyde as well.

• 2 weeks later...

MCT are the ones looking for external sources and he's bigging up other community initiatives instead of our own which presumably will have a lot to do when this is over.

Lots of questions to be answered from that.

^^^ raging flunkey with his nose well out of joint

MCT are the ones looking for external sources and he's bigging up other community initiatives instead of our own which presumably will have a lot to do when this is over.

Lots of questions to be answered from that.

Don't think he's so much as 'bigging up' other community initiatives just more giving them a mention of what they're doing in these times. Nothing wrong with that.

*insert signature here*

Imagine having the massive fucking brass neck to moan about a charity delivering essential food and hygiene parcels in one of the most deprived areas of the country right now getting a entirely merited leg up, at the expense of whatever ridiculous, socially distanced FIFA tournament that the gormless trust has got planned to show the virus what's what.

Imagine having the massive fucking brass neck to moan about a charity delivering essential food and hygiene parcels in one of the most deprived areas of the country right now getting a entirely merited leg up, at the expense of whatever ridiculous, socially distanced FIFA tournament that the gormless trust has got planned to show the virus what's what.

I see you still don’t know anything about the community trust.

Don't think he's so much as 'bigging up' other community initiatives just more giving them a mention of what they're doing in these times. Nothing wrong with that.

Not got a huge issue with it but would be good if he showed some support for our own community programmes instead of ones that get him in the tele.

I see you still don’t know anything about the community trust.

I care even less about it which seems to be a position shared by the current chief executive of the club as well. Which is a terrible wee shame for those who were clinging onto Warren Hawke's gormless coat tails over the past few years, to such great* effect for this football club.

absolute zero

Archived