Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Right, here goes. Over the course of the weekend, Morton's three pieces of media output (the Christmas video, the match reaction interviews and the video message for the Inverclyde Council virtual switch-on) have over a dozen breaches of COVID protocols as far as I can see. 

Christmas video: 

- Two instances of players touching each other.

- Two instances of players both touching a cracker. 

- Six instances of players breaking social distancing guidelines. 

Match reaction interviews:

- Gerry breaches social distancing guidelines while interviewing both Hopkin and McAdams.

- In the McAdams' interview, he turns away from camera and coughs into his hand. He then takes a bottle of champagne, hands it to McAdams then shakes his hand. 

Virtual switch on video:

- 21 people standing together, breaking social distancing guidelines. 

- After filming the video, we openly publicise the video displaying the breach. 

All this, just after Dundee United and Celtic got hauled over the coals for not adhering to guidelines. You honestly couldn't make it up. 

christmas video 1.png

christmas video 2.png

christmas video 3.png

christmas video 4.png

christmas video 5.png

christmas video 6.png

gerry bottle.png

gerry cough.png

gerry handshake.png

hopkin interview.png

team christmas.png

christmas tweet.png

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Right, here goes. Over the course of the weekend, Morton's three pieces of media output (the Christmas video, the match reaction interviews and the video message for the Inverclyde Council virtual switch-on) have over a dozen breaches of COVID protocols as far as I can see. 

Christmas video: 

- Two instances of players touching each other.

- Two instances of players both touching a cracker. 

- Six instances of players breaking social distancing guidelines. 

- Gerry breaches social distancing guidelines while interviewing both Hopkin and McAdams.

- In the McAdams' interview, he turns away from camera and coughs into his hand. He then takes a bottle of champagne, hands it to McAdams then shakes his hand. 

Virtual switch on video:

- 21 people standing together, breaking social distancing guidelines. 

- After filming the video, we openly publicise the video displaying the breach. 

All this, just after Dundee United and Celtic got hauled over the coals for not adhering to guidelines. You honestly couldn't make it up. 

christmas video 1.png

christmas video 2.png

christmas video 3.png

christmas video 4.png

christmas video 5.png

christmas video 6.png

gerry bottle.png

gerry cough.png

gerry handshake.png

hopkin interview.png

team christmas.png

christmas tweet.png

Been discussed over on the TonTV thread (albeit not as extensively). Club (all clubs) really need to think about what they are doing if they want supporters back any time soon.

If we have an outbreak, we are absolutely bang to rights for sanctions.

It's concerning, especially against a backdrop of clubs like St Mirren facing hefty sanctions for breaches that, on the surface anyway, seem far less innocuous than our media output over this weekend. The club really need to get a grip of the situation and quickly. 

3 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

:lol:  :lol:

*insert signature here*

When Dundee United posted their team photo I asked how stupid can you be... this isn’t any different, I don’t know why we’ve so openly broke the rules

Are you trying to tell me Gerry couldn’t have held the interview socially distanced? Could he really not have stood off camera at a distance 

Unbelievably stupid. Just also occurred to me that Gerry and Andy don't sit 2m apart while they're doing the commentary

Have Morton even got anyone who is supposed to act as a Covid officer?  Such a post is required even at youth level (and there's one for each team as well as one for the club - I was appointed to that role as I had some experience at surviving covid :) ).  I don't think Morton are any worse or any better than any other professional teams in this regard, but professional football seems to be more or less ignoring the rules almost completely.  It's just a matter of time before we have players who catch it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

12 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Unbelievably stupid. Just also occurred to me that Gerry and Andy don't sit 2m apart while they're doing the commentary

Have Morton even got anyone who is supposed to act as a Covid officer?  Such a post is required even at youth level (and there's one for each team as well as one for the club - I was appointed to that role as I had some experience at surviving covid :) ).  I don't think Morton are any worse or any better than any other professional teams in this regard, but professional football seems to be more or less ignoring the rules almost completely.  It's just a matter of time before we have players who catch it.

Dave McKinnon as far as I'm aware.

31 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Stupid aye, but does it need to be publically called out on twitter...

Absolutely not 

If it's been on Twitter or Facebook or even on here then someone somewhere will have forwarded it to all relevant and irrelevant authorities.

EOho8Pw.png

44 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Absolutely not 

It doesn’t need to be called out but it was inevitable that it would be- that, as we all know is how social media works and is why the club’s output is so downright stupid.

Blaming others for calling it out only goes to deflect from the root cause of the problem, which is that Morton have monumentally fucked up, for the umpteenth time. If you don’t want folk to grass on you, or discuss your failings in public, don’t make such daft mistakes in the first place.

12 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Absolutely not 

It does though. The club have failed in their duty of care to their players, staff and the local community. An outbreak at the club, caused by the breaches of protocol, would have a knock on effect for everyone living in Inverclyde. If the club had released a single video that breached the guidelines, and they took it down or issued a statement saying 'sorry, we fucked up and we're striving to do better' then that would be one thing, but that's not the situation. When three separate pieces of filmed content, released in quick succession, show an absolute disregard for the guidelines then it's quite obvious that the protocols are not being taken seriously by the club. 

The powers that be in the club are quick to moan about their financial situation, yet they're actively harming their chances of finishing this season and getting supporters back into stadia. Not to mention the sporting and financial punishments the club could face. Compared to all that, people commenting on the club's incompetence really does pale in insignificance. As Russell mentions above, the best way to prevent being called out on your failings is to not make them in the first place. 

I get the bit about coughing and then handling the champagne bottle etc, etc, but not the complaints about the players gathering for the council Christmas message.

After all, they are training and playing together every day, so to line up and shout Merry Christmas shouldn't be played up as a "serious" breach of the regulations.

Same with the club's video, these guys are coming into physical contact with each other every day of the week (no doubt while sweating and breathing heavily) just as the customers of Tesco, Morrisons, The Range and every other large store across the country are every day.

Archived