Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

I'd agree it probably is time to draw a line in that he's said he won't be attending Cappielow, so that's nipped in the bud and we can move on from the unsavoury episode without this turning into a pile-on as opposed to fans asking justifiable questions about who's working for the club and why. However as we wrap it up, I thought it was worth highlighting the extreme similarity between these match reports, one of which he definitely couldn't have written because he wasn’t performing any role for Morton.

https://cfbfootball.com/2020/10/09/the-new-normal-morton-vs-queen-of-the-south/

https://www.gmfc.net/morton-2-2-queen-of-the-south-qos-win-4-2-on-penalties/

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I'd agree it probably is time to draw a line in that he's said he won't be attending Cappielow, so that's nipped in the bud and we can move on from the unsavoury episode without this turning into a pile-on as opposed to fans asking justifiable questions about who's working for the club and why. However as we wrap it up, I thought it was worth highlighting the extreme similarity between these match reports, one of which he definitely couldn't have written because he wasn’t performing any role for Morton.

https://cfbfootball.com/2020/10/09/the-new-normal-morton-vs-queen-of-the-south/

https://www.gmfc.net/morton-2-2-queen-of-the-south-qos-win-4-2-on-penalties/

😂

Imagine sticking it through a thesaurus and thinking that's enough for people to not realise they are one and the same.

He never said he didn't do the Twitter or the match report. He was extremely, meticulously careful in not saying that. What he said was, he never worked for the club, and I believe that to be true, in that he was never a contracted employee of Greenock Morton Football Club Ltd. If a pipe starts leaking at Cappielow and they call in a plumber to fix it, that plumber doesn't work for Morton. He's just doing something at Cappielow for them. It'll be the same arrangement here, whether paid or unpaid. 

I believe that he did the Twitter updates on Tuesday. I also believe that he's now seen sense and has stepped aside. 

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, TRVMP said:

What was this? What did the messages to Morton say? 

Along the lines of the media output from the club is poor, the worst in the league and we should be using a guy called FootballCFB to improve things. All directed to Morton FC twitter and all all sent from the infamous utdmorton account which was also CFB.

46 minutes ago, Scappastheplace said:

Along the lines of the media output from the club is poor, the worst in the league and we should be using a guy called FootballCFB to improve things. All directed to Morton FC twitter and all all sent from the infamous utdmorton account which was also CFB.

Joining here and twitter just to troll him isn't much better tbh. 

1 hour ago, Scappastheplace said:

That's pretty unacceptable. I'd need to see the exact quotes. But either way, he's doing the right thing now by backing off.

EOho8Pw.png

51 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Joining here and twitter just to troll him isn't much better tbh. 

It quite clearly is though, given that one act involves trying to discredit someone to take their actual job like a massive king snake and the other is just calling somebody an arsehole on social media which happens, oh, 17 billion times a day.

Not in the least bit surprised to see the chump who steered his Supporters' Trust into a pointlessly irrelevant cul-de-sac adopting yet another spectacularly wrong take here though.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Utterly vile email.

I hope Callum makes known the full email address so we can steer clear of the scumbag involved.

Couple of things that I hope hes already noticed.

The email is similar to the mr***********@gmail.com that he posted on Wednesday night associated with my twitter account. Bearing in mind that not many folk start their email with mr, what are the chances of someone posting with a similar email to mine 3 days after my exchange with him. Extremely unlikely.

It's not me, so that leaves the only possibility being that someone has seen the email on Wednesday and copied what they could from it and sent a nasty email making it look like me.

The time of the nasty email was 6.53am and he tweeted about his father's 10th anniversary at 9.52am so assuming the times are correct, it has to be someone who was close to him and knew the anniversary was today. 

That person isnt me, it's certainly not the way I write messages anyway but regardless of what I think of him, he should be given the courtesy of being told who it is. Disgusting behaviour.

4 hours ago, Scappastheplace said:

Utterly vile email.

I hope Callum makes known the full email address so we can steer clear of the scumbag involved.

Couple of things that I hope hes already noticed.

The email is similar to the mr***********@gmail.com that he posted on Wednesday night associated with my twitter account. Bearing in mind that not many folk start their email with mr, what are the chances of someone posting with a similar email to mine 3 days after my exchange with him. Extremely unlikely.

It's not me, so that leaves the only possibility being that someone has seen the email on Wednesday and copied what they could from it and sent a nasty email making it look like me.

The time of the nasty email was 6.53am and he tweeted about his father's 10th anniversary at 9.52am so assuming the times are correct, it has to be someone who was close to him and knew the anniversary was today. 

That person isnt me, it's certainly not the way I write messages anyway but regardless of what I think of him, he should be given the courtesy of being told who it is. Disgusting behaviour.

The bit in bold, I have a Gmail account that starts with Mr... However I have never had a Twitter account nor have I ever contacted Callum McFadden or yourself.

Can you please do me a favour and PM me with what you have received, as I am concerned that someone may be trying to pass themselves off as me.

ETA:

Also, Callum, if you are reading this (which I suspect that you may be) can you please PM me too.  Thanks.

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, RealTonKid said:

Well this has become rather intriguing. As mentioned above, the times of the email and tweet don’t correlate. This is someone who knew the significance of the date and knows Callum in a personal capacity.

Or one other option that has been suggested to me by a number of people but surely even someone with his history of fake accounts wouldnt do that.

No way, not a chance, definitely not.

Archived