Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 21 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

4 hours ago, so72 said:

Arbitration is finished, Hearts and Thistle lose their case which finally cements their relegations with no £10million either :lol:

Not strictly true. Arbitration continues while they assess expenses and costs which hopefully they conclude fall firmly at the door of Hearts and Partick, then the SFA follow it up with a substantial fine (well, if they won't consider expulsion).

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in two minds. Part of me thinks that, OK, Hearts and Thistle have been unlucky - they haven't been treated badly, nor have they been treated arbitrarily, but there's still an element of luck in all this. Now they've been told they have to take their medicine. I do think it falls to them, regardless, to shoulder the costs that have arisen from all this. But I'd like to think the SFA will call that punishment enough and make any additional punishment a slap on the wrists.

On the other hand, the two clubs have behaved disgracefully, and there needs to be a real consequence for trying to upset the judicial process in the way that they did. A punishment, then, is merited.

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Not strictly true. Arbitration continues while they assess expenses and costs which hopefully they conclude fall firmly at the door of Hearts and Partick, then the SFA follow it up with a substantial fine (well, if they won't consider expulsion).

Fair enough. Lets hope they are made to cover the cost

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, TaunTon said:

I'd happily settle for that cunt Leslie Deans being impaled on his own trumpet.

He came out with a stoater today in the Hootsmon:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-might-be-better-england-suggests-ex-chairman-leslie-deans-2943337

What league would that be then, Leslie?  The Eeeh-bah-gum Evostik Dog & Duck Leagues (North) where the likes of Sam Ramsbottom is actually considered to be 'not bad'?

Best Edinburgh comedian since Happy Howden.

*insert signature here*

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, Toby said:

You may well have had a point 48 hours ago, but I think it's clear to see from Morton's output today that the boy is now doing a very public audition for the role- right in front of the guy he's seeking to replace's face. "Vulture" is about as appropriate a description as there is for this lad.

Incidentally, still no official update from Morton on the club's views of the SPFL's proposals on how to conclude the season. Not to worry though, we might find out Cameron Salkeld's favourite Spice Girl tomorrow.

Time will tell how this pans out, but I suspect that in a few months time, I'll be telling you I told you so. The boy's absolutely shameless.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:33 PM, Madton said:

I'm not a fan of the boy, I actually can't stand him on Twitter but is he really going to give up a secure job for life in teaching to become a media guy for Morton probably on peanuts compared to his teaching salary??

On 4/8/2020 at 10:36 PM, Toby said:

No, I think he'll take it up on a voluntary basis in order to boost his CV. And Morton will bite his hand off for the opportunity to save a few quid. I've already suggested something along those lines earlier in the thread.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:47 PM, cmdc said:

I can’t see Crawford/the board being keen on a role like that going to a volunteer on a permanent basis. I might be completely wrong on this, or it might be entirely Dave MacKinnon’s call, but I think they’ll feel it’s too important a role (in the sense that the wrong message can seriously fuck things up) and would prefer an employee who can be accountable for it.

So, fast forward six months.

Ewan Boyle has been relieved of his duties, we now have  a full time head of media who is dealing with the cmmentary and a voluntary role opened up for someone to do the Twitter updates. In fact, no- it didn't actually open up, not publically at least. Could that be because they had a candidate waiting in the wings to do the job as predicted by some on here?

EjrXUFTWAAARUOR.jpg

I hate to say I told you so, but...

You've got to give him credit somehow, for having the brassneck to keep coming back and shoving himself into the limelight shamelessly, without a care in the world about what anyone else thinks.

I can't help but think that if he was a random local yokel who stacked shelves, wore G-Star Raw clobber, had bad acne and smelt of pot noodles whether anyone would entertain him for such things.  He has an Aled Jones thing going on, he gives off an innocent young boy done good vibe but he's a real manipulative person.  Worth a watching.

*insert signature here*

I miss pot noodles a wee bit. Obviously you get all manner of instant noodles and ramen over here, and the variety in especially the Korean stores is unsurpassed, but you can't beat a cheeky chicken and mushroom. In conclusion, Callum's oily, insinuating manner is perfect for the easily-flattered like the current Morton board. 

EOho8Pw.png

Claims he wasn't on duty for the club, but he knows what he's doing even just by managing to be there last night.

If he was there on media duty for his own site, where's his coverage? Nothing there post-match. Not even a Tweet about it during or after the match (other than being tagged in that Des McKeown one).

10 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Claims he wasn't on duty for the club, but he knows what he's doing even just by managing to be there last night.

If he was there on media duty for his own site, where's his coverage? Nothing there post-match. Not even a Tweet about it during or after the match (other than being tagged in that Des McKeown one).

Almost as if he wanted to hide the fact he was there, going as far as tweeting about other games despite being at Cappielow.

Now why would he want to conceal that fact if he was attending in a capacity as an independent journalist to write about the game, rather than doing something which would get him a huge backlash from the public? Just as an example of course, something like doing the job of someone who was made unemployed when the furlough scheme ended, having scabbed that employee while they were furloughed in order to promote his own podcast, while furiously denying he had any intention of finding a permanent position with the club?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Callum seemed to insinuate in a few carefully worded tweets last night that he was at Cappielow on media duty. Why then, was he wearing a red lanyard, which was the same as the commentary team, while every other journalist who was inside the ground was wearing a yellow lanyard? 

EjrXUFTWAAARUOR.jpg

Fans' fury after Morton Betfred Cup streaming fail

83ac944f-ff3e-4123-99a2-fd3f00d3af07.jpg

Notice from these photos that media guys such as Des McKeown are wearing yellow lanyards, but CFB and Dave MacKinnon are in red lanyards. He's scabbing and obviously thinks we're too thick to notice. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I think some of what's been said about him has been a bit overblown, but he's made his own bed for the most part and people are entitled to be a bit irked about some guy who, by his own admission, isn't a fan, and who has made himself unpopular being able to access games for reasons unknown (and also for his own blog) when nobody else is. Perhaps if we all just start a wee football blog we'll be allowed to go along? 

AWMSC

Archived