Koronavirus - Page 6 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Koronavirus

capitanus

And just like that it suddenly is possible to close down the infection-breeding hellholes known as public schools while dealing with (minor and easy) problem of healthcare staff not having childcare.

If only the rest of Europe could now work this out for themsel... oh wait they were all already onto that one 10-14 days ago. No doubt the ‘expert scientific advice’ dramatically flip-flopped on this question as well!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just like that it suddenly is possible to close down the infection-breeding hellholes known as public schools while dealing with (minor and easy) problem of healthcare staff not having childcare.

If only the rest of Europe could now work this out for themsel... oh wait they were all already onto that one 10-14 days ago. No doubt the ‘expert scientific advice’ dramatically flip-flopped on this question as well!

Mainland Europe reacted way too slowly as well though, but the UK approach of lagging even behind is truly baffling. 

It’s absolutely fuckin astonishing that that cunt Johnson can stand there and feign surprise at the spread of the virus. It’s a pandemic ya fanny, what did you think it was going to do if you let it run entirely unchecked?

Guillotines are too good for that lot.

AWMSC

But we British are an Island race and don't accept or take leadership from sech inferior people like Italian or Belgians.

With a stiff upper lip we say 'Keep Calm and Carry on buying toilet rolls'.

*insert signature here*

It’s absolutely fuckin astonishing that that cunt Johnson can stand there and feign surprise at the spread of the virus. It’s a pandemic ya fanny, what did you think it was going to do if you let it run entirely unchecked?

Guillotines are too good for that lot.

How many toilet rolls have you bought?

*insert signature here*

The schools shutdown message now appears to be pretty confused. Different local authorities issuing varying guidance on access for vulnerable kids, dependants of NHS workers, s4-s6 pupils etc. It looks like most secondary schools will remain open from Monday, albeit with reduced attendance. Not quite the minimal operation the initial announcements suggested.

Edit: key worker list released, covering a huge proportion of the working population

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

My sister is a teacher and shes been told she has to go in on Monday to help with the vulnerable kids and kids of front line workers. 

Good, they get more than enough holidays as it is. Send the rest of them out of the Cafe and into hospitals to work as porters and laundry assistants.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The worrying thing is that the rate of spread throughout Spain is just as bad as it is in Italy.

It was like a bank holiday in Largs today. The penny won't drop with some folk til the bodies start piling up. I despair.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

It was like a bank holiday in Largs today. The penny won't drop with some folk til the bodies start piling up. I despair.

I've been very pleasantly surprised at how dead it is here in Dallas. Dallas County declared preventative measures earlier this week; the State of Texas followed last night. Most things are shut down, bars/restaurants are takeout and delivery only, and the streets are deserted. The places that are still open are by and large following best practices from what I've seen, with a few exceptions. My wife's non-profit moved this weekend's event entirely online and it's being well-attended, such as it is. It's quite encouraging really. My hope is that all of this will be looked back upon as overkill, but right now it feels worth doing.

Not been to the gym in over a week now, and they're now officially closed. Saw a guy lugging two 30-pound kettlebells down the street the other night, which was pretty hardcore.

EOho8Pw.png

Locals or out of towners? It’s completely irresponsible for Glaswegians or Ayrshire scheme goblins to be swanning off on a day trip - particularly if using public transport - but we’re not quite in a stay indoors lockdown yet. It’s understandable that people want to get outside (not least given it’s the first weekend it’s not been pishing down in 6 months) and offers genuine health benefits as well but if everyone has the same location in mind then it becomes a big problem. Apparently there were hundreds if not thousands of folk all climbing Conic Hill at Loch Lomond today, which is completely stupid behaviour all round. It’s too fucking obvious a destination to expect to have that idea all to yourself.

By all accounts the Cut centre was busy as well today but if doing it alone instead of in a big group and using some less popular tracks then it should be okay for now.

You were calling a "glorified cold" on here a few pages back.

And what was your genius prognostication? Nothing at all, as far as I can see. Maybe you were silently preparing for this since mid-January. (I was.) Maybe you had a mental model for this long before the word pandemic re-entered the public consciousness. (I sure as hell didn't. Prior to mid-January my household was better prepared for an EMP attack than it was a bio-threat, which is much like someone in New Orleans preparing for an alien invasion instead of a flood. In other words, tilting at windmills as the levee begins to subside.)

For LT, the penny has dropped since then. No point in playing "I told you so" at this stage. (That comes later.) Right now you two are, in a global sense, bunkmates. My sincere advice is to start thinking that way.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm feeling rather fortunate that I'm in Singapore rather than in Europe. The Government were pro-active in adopting preventative measures were definitely ahead of the curve in doing so. The challenge we're facing at the moment is that the majority of new cases are being imported by Singaporeans and working residents returning from elsewhere in the world. There were 47 new cases reported over the last 3 days, of which 39 of them travelled into Singapore from elsewhere. 

Lots of flights to and from Singapore are being delayed and cancelled to try and curb this, which could be a pain in the arse for trying to get back to Scotland for a holiday in the summer. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived