The Morton weekly podcast - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

I love this forum. Best run of form of the season, and probably since the halcyon days of Ross Forbes and Gavin Gunning and we’re still finding something to go off our tits about. Nice to see standards are being maintained.

To be honest this forum in particular has been very negative towards my content and even much of Ewan’s too which is very strange in my opinion as it’s promoting the club in a positive light and giving fans chances to interact with members of the club. Not that I need your approval to keep going as to be honest whatever people’s opinions of me are I couldn’t give a .. to be honest. As long as the club are happy with what I’m doing I’ll keep going.

Do you not think that maybe it’s you, and Celtic fans from Inverclyde in general that get on folks’ wick, rather than your actual content? I don’t know, or care to find out what company you keep but the folk I tend to enjoy a beer with in Greenock generally can’t stand your sort. If it was a Rangers fan from Greenock, or any other Celtic fan doing the same thing, they’d get the same treatment. Picking a username that comes across as you’re kidding on you do support Morton doesn’t help your cause either.

And to answer the point about the lad Boyle, he’s marmite, and he knows it. Some people will like his content on the Twitter feed and some won’t. If he didn’t expect that, he’d have toned it down by now, but where’s the fun in that? I don’t particularly like it and would prefer if the official account was more professional, but it’s clear he’s not going to change. It strikes me as if he’s trying too hard to get the attention of Old Firm Facts or A View From The Terrace.

That’s a very fair summary of things. As I say hopefully the content will continue to be enjoyed - tomorrow and Thursday Joe Harper is on the podcast - hopefully you’ll enjoy that one!

You mean unlike others it compliments you, so it’s fair, rather than those that have been critical?

That's up there with 'I've actually got a bird, she lives up my Gran's bit and goes to a different school' when it comes to bullshit lines.

Also, a quick heads up; putting fans in inverted commas when referring to Morton fans is only effective when you yourself are actually a Morton fan. Someone who claims to have more clubs than Tiger Woods doesn't get to play that card.

Aye, he can get that patter right in the bin. I never understand it when I hear folk calling racists and hooligans “so called fans” when they get up to no good at games. Just because you like a scrap or hate someone from a different country, doesn’t mean you don’t like a particular football team. So I’m certainly not having that shite from some Tim, Mick or Paddy who’s just managed to land a wee gig to promote his online vlogs at his favourite wee diddy team, when I as an actual “fan” of said diddy team have the temerity to point out that he’s a Plastic.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why folk are getting drawn into crazy debate

A: Because the guy running them has got more chips on his shoulder than the owner of Orangefield on a busy Friday night.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

To be fair, a Celtic fan with "connections" to Manchester (i.e. heard Fine Time by Cast on the radio once) and who has a "soft spot" for wee Morton sums up 30% of Inverclyde.

That’s unfair. Cast are from Liverpool.

As someone who suffers with mental health, yes maybe I do have a few chips on my shoulder from my experiences in life so far.

That’s something I work hard to address and no I’m not perfect and never would claim to be a die hard fan in nature that you have . Haven’t done so and wouldn’t done so but I’ve owned season tickets many times over the years and put my money into the club - not that makes me special or worthy of praise because it doesn’t as there are people on here who will have put 10x more into the club in their lifetime.

What I would say is hiding behind anonymous names on here like you rightfully called out on twitter and constantly moaning about all things from top to bottom (not just about the podcast but the club in general) does no one any good. No wonder people suffer from mental health issues when all that seems to come along is negativity. If you want to remove me from the forum please do - the fact so much energy is going into this is beyond dull surely even for you.

As someone who suffers with mental health, yes maybe I do have a few chips on my shoulder from my experiences in life so far.

That’s something I work hard to address and no I’m not perfect and never would claim to be a die hard fan in nature that you have . Haven’t done so and wouldn’t done so but I’ve owned season tickets many times over the years and put my money into the club - not that makes me special or worthy of praise because it doesn’t as there are people on here who will have put 10x more into the club in their lifetime.

What I would say is hiding behind anonymous names on here like you rightfully called out on twitter and constantly moaning about all things from top to bottom (not just about the podcast but the club in general) does no one any good. No wonder people suffer from mental health issues when all that seems to come along is negativity. If you want to remove me from the forum please do - the fact so much energy is going into this is beyond dull surely even for you.

I'm hiding behind nothing. Regular posters on here know fine well who I am. Send me a DM if you want to know more.

EOho8Pw.png

No worries. I’m going to leave this here now. If you enjoy the content then I hope you continue to and if not then that’s absolutely fine too. Here’s hoping for a good end to the season. Mentally I’m beyond done with this now. The links will be on twitter if you want to hear the podcasts but I won’t be posting on here again.

As has been mentioned previously, nobody here is hiding. The regular contributors on here know who 75% or so of the other regular contributors are. A screen name does not amount to hiding. 

constantly moaning about all things from top to bottom (not just about the podcast but the club in general) does no one any good. No wonder people suffer from mental health issues when all that seems to come along is negativity

this is beyond dull even for you

You really can't help but deliver sanctimonious lectures, can you? First of all, absolutely nobody on here constantly moans about everything at the club from top to bottom. As I said in a previous post, feel free to correct me on that. But more importantly, if people are critical towards the club, who exactly are you to tell them not to be? You remind me of Greenock taxi drivers who give it the 'you should never have sacked Duffy' line, before asking you how Peter Weatherson has been playing this season. 

As I've mentioned all along, I don't have anything against your podcast. I want more Morton content out there. I offered some constructive criticism about ways I think you could improve your knowledge of the significance your interviewees have to the club. However, and this is the reason this conversation has lasted as long as it has, half a dozen podcasts doesn't give you the divine right to start lecturing people about how they should support the club. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

As has been mentioned previously, nobody here is hiding. The regular contributors on here know who 75% or so of the other regular contributors are. A screen name does not amount to hiding. 

You really can't help but deliver sanctimonious lectures, can you? First of all, absolutely nobody on here constantly moans about everything at the club from top to bottom. As I said in a previous post, feel free to correct me on that. But more importantly, if people are critical towards the club, who exactly are you to tell them not to be? You remind me of Greenock taxi drivers who give it the 'you should never have sacked Duffy' line, before asking you how Peter Weatherson has been playing this season. 

As I've mentioned all along, I don't have anything against your podcast. I want more Morton content out there. I offered some constructive criticism about ways I think you could improve your knowledge of the significance your interviewees have to the club. However, and this is the reason this conversation has lasted as long as it has, half a dozen podcasts doesn't give you the divine right to start lecturing people about how they should support the club.

Have a greenie.

Feel free to hit the refresh button a few times before you go. :)

*insert signature here*

Football forums like this one and it's predecessors origins are meant to be a leftfield, anarchic, close to the bone humour and a true alternative voice for the supporters. Let's not forget how instrumental this boards ancestors were in getting rid of the Hugh Scott regime, which was a lengthy process at the time too.

Anyway, when this chap came on announcing that he was a Celtic supporter with a soft spot for Morton, I knew that he was going to get pelters. Perhaps that was his biggest faux pas here, that kind of shite doesn't endear you to anyone I'm afraid.

*insert signature here*

Having (or claiming to have) mental health issues doesn’t actually give you a free pass to act like a fanny on social media and not get pulled up for it. If you don’t like the laughably small degree of public scrutiny that your shan podcast has been exposed to - in a cesspool like this - then you’re also quite clearly in the wrong line of work.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just don't see the need for the abuse tbh. Who gives a fuck tbh?

#bekind.

Again, I’m not seeing the abuse. The worst I can see is Dean calling him a fucking charlatan and vT saying he acted like a fanny on social media. Neither of these points are without merit given the carry on with his “dad’s pal” piping up to take on all challengers on Twitter.

The boy’s getting no worse treatment than someone’s Celtic supporting mate getting on the bus for a trip to Inverness would get from you and I. If he just said he’s a Celtic fan that’s here to do a job instead of kidding on he supported Morton, the likelihood is that folk (me included) would still prefer a Morton fan to do it, but he’d get a lot more leeway than the “ah but when I was a kid, but, Celtic family, Inverclyde, but” patter.

He’s made his own bed now by challenging diehards with the “fans” patter because they don’t like him or the lad Boyle’s work.

“Be kind” in the wake of a celebrity’s suicide is great in theory, but it doesn’t give a free pass to a guy to bite back at a sceptical audience and expecting them to sit and take it because he claims to have mental health issues.

Are we getting to the stage that people who cite problems with mental health are beyond reproach?

Archived