The Morton weekly podcast - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

So there is someone else, close to you, who has connections with Manchester, Man Utd, Morton and (in older tweets from the account) Celtic? And this person has decided in the last hour, to delete their Twitter account?

To be fair, a Celtic fan with "connections" to Manchester (i.e. heard Fine Time by Cast on the radio once) and who has a "soft spot" for wee Morton sums up 30% of Inverclyde.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there is someone else, close to you, who has connections with Manchester, Man Utd, Morton and (in older tweets from the account) Celtic? And this person has decided in the last hour, to delete their Twitter account?

To quote Chewin The Fat - I think I can smell shite.

To answer your question honestly yes. The person who has the account was a friend of my dads and has been talking the podcast up a lot which has been nice but went too far last night and when I saw it was causing a fuss I was raging hence why I didn’t engage with it at all. Even on P and B I’ve talked up the clubs media output and defended Ewan from the unnecessary critical remarks he is receiving from some ‘fans’

To be honest this forum in particular has been very negative towards my content and even much of Ewan’s too which is very strange in my opinion as it’s promoting the club in a positive light and giving fans chances to interact with members of the club. Not that I need your approval to keep going as to be honest whatever people’s opinions of me are I couldn’t give a .. to be honest. As long as the club are happy with what I’m doing I’ll keep going.

That’s not really true though. The initial cynicism aside which may have been a bit OTT, I haven’t seen anyone criticise anything you’ve done. In fact they share it on here and direct more listeners towards you. In terms of Ewan’s stuff, only the way our Tweets are presented has really been a matter of contention - and in the way he does it it was always going to he polarising for some, however none are knocking the work he’s putting in or other content he’s put out. “Promoting the club in a positive light” was one of the lines by the (now vanished) Twitter account. Strange coincidence.

To be honest this forum in particular has been very negative towards my content and even much of Ewan’s too which is very strange in my opinion as it’s promoting the club in a positive light and giving fans chances to interact with members of the club. Not that I need your approval to keep going as to be honest whatever people’s opinions of me are I couldn’t give a .. to be honest. As long as the club are happy with what I’m doing I’ll keep going.

I don’t think that’s true. There have been critics of the content prior to December (and those critics were right) but since then it’s been widely acknowledged that the club’s output has improved immensely.

He also accused people of throwing insults at him back on page 1 of this thread - something else that never happened.

I've never listened to the podcast, so I have no opinion on it, but from what I've seen the majority of people who comment on it (both here and elsewhere) think it's quality work and are grateful for its existence. Fair enough. But it's clear from miles away what this guy's angle is, and the minute he gets a better offer he'll be away, and when he does so he'll blame Morton fans for driving him off. Bookmark it.

EOho8Pw.png

I don’t think that’s true. There have been critics of the content prior to December (and those critics were right) but since then it’s been widely acknowledged that the club’s output has improved immensely.

That’s a very fair summary of things. As I say hopefully the content will continue to be enjoyed - tomorrow and Thursday Joe Harper is on the podcast - hopefully you’ll enjoy that one!

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

To answer your question honestly yes. The person who has the account was a friend of my dads and has been talking the podcast up a lot which has been nice but went too far last night and when I saw it was causing a fuss I was raging hence why I didn’t engage with it at all. Even on P and B I’ve talked up the clubs media output and defended Ewan from the unnecessary critical remarks he is receiving from some ‘fans’

Oh, 'fans'.

That's up there with 'I've actually got a bird, she lives up my Gran's bit and goes to a different school' when it comes to bullshit lines. 

Also, a quick heads up; putting fans in inverted commas when referring to Morton fans is only effective when you yourself are actually a Morton fan. Someone who claims to have more clubs than Tiger Woods doesn't get to play that card. 

I don't remember any over the top criticism on here or anywhere else, feel free to point me in the direction of any. Promoting the club in a positive light is a minimum expectancy given how much you stood/stand to gain by using Morton's contacts and clout in return for producing a podcast linked to the club. You're not exactly in golden Blue Peter badge territory for saying a few nice things on forums and social media. 

The content of the podcasts I've listened to was fine, however it became plainly obvious that you had no real insight into the players and their significance to the club in the Wake and McLaren podcasts. A quick glance at Wikipedia and the squad lists for the seasons being discussed seemed to be the extent of your background knowledge, and it showed. But don't let constructive criticism get in the way of you playing the Scott McLaughlin (he was a midfielder who played for Morton between 2005-2008) patented 'Big Bad Morton Fans' card. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

In regards to contacts for the podcasts I have used my own contacts for the episodes so far not anyone else’s. However, any constructive criticism is always taken so I appreciate that! In regards to both players you mentioned I was 9 when Andy joined the club and my memories of him are brilliant albeit I was 9 at the time and with Wake I was a wee bit older thankfully so I’m sorry if that ruined your enjoyment of the pods but tried my best with them.

Yip this. Have really enjoyed. Thank you.

Thank you for listening. I don’t want to get on badly with anyone on here and I can only apologise for being a polarising figure to some but I just want to try my best to produce good content for fans. Some will be better than others by nature of course but that’s natural. I’ll keep trying my best as the other guys at the club do too.

Archived