The Morton weekly podcast - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last thing I’ll say is - I don’t care for being one of the lads, my passion for Scottish football is more far reaching than just Celtic and that’s been shown over the years in many way to those who know me.

The way I see it with some fans unfortunately is that the club are damned if they do something different knowing then the moment they do they are damned for that also like I am in your book by being a Celtic man, a **** or whatever other insult you want to throw at me. You don’t care for my situation with my unique upbringing nor do I expect you to as It’s in doubt “just another taxi driver pish story” or some such in your mind that you’ll play to the crowd with on here. Enjoy your night mate!

Will you feature such blubbering meltdowns for no apparent reason in your weekly podcast? If so then you may have just gained a subscriber.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

A Celtic fan from a Celtic-supporting family in G. Greenock, who claims to have a soft spot for the local ‘wee team’ like Morton, describing this humdrum tale as ‘my unique upbringing’ is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things ever posted on this forum btw. Up there with Salty’s girlfriend status updates.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

My ‘meltdown’ was in response to many of the forums ‘blubbering meltdown’ reactions to the news of the podcast. I am happy to leave the ‘blubbering meltdowns’ to the forum experts like yourself and the other sceptics too. You are far better at those than me to be fair - I admit defeat!

My ‘meltdown’ was in response to many of the forums ‘blubbering meltdown’ reactions to the news of the podcast. I am happy to leave the ‘blubbering meltdowns’ to the forum experts like yourself and the other sceptics too. You are far better at those than me to be fair - I admit defeat!

^^^ word salad

Literally nobody was in the process of a meltdown until you stepped up to the plate just there champ.

Eh.... can you show me just one insult I threw at you? I'll save you the bother... there isn't one.

You Celtic fans love to play the victim and take offence at nothing, don't you?

:thumbup2: :thumbup2:

Have the first greenie on me, WeeMan.

*insert signature here*

Last thing I’ll say is - I don’t care for being one of the lads, my passion for Scottish football is more far reaching than just Celtic and that’s been shown over the years in many way to those who know me.

The way I see it with some fans unfortunately is that the club are damned if they do something different knowing then the moment they do they are damned for that also like I am in your book by being a Celtic man, a **** or whatever other insult you want to throw at me. You don’t care for my situation with my unique upbringing nor do I expect you to as It’s in doubt “just another taxi driver pish story” or some such in your mind that you’ll play to the crowd with on here. Enjoy your night mate!

What's this unique upbringing? Being a Celtic supporter with a connection to Inverclyde? Rare as hen's teeth, that.

EOho8Pw.png

I seriously think that Morton supporters should adopt the Tartan Army c.y2k approach of telling others who claim to be Morton supporters but haven't been to a game in ages to fuck off as they aren't Morton supporters. There are no shortage of Greenockian's who claim to be supporters but haven't seen them since the days of Hannibal Hayes. Instead of trying to attract them back, they should be called out for not supporting their favourite club.

*insert signature here*

Would rather have someone with the right equipment asking the right questions than a diehard recording through a plastic bag.

Good luck with it, if the content is good I'm sure 99% of people won't give a fuck what team the host supports.

Would rather have someone with the right equipment asking the right questions than a diehard recording through a plastic bag.

Good luck with it, if the content is good I'm sure 99% of people won't give a fuck what team the host supports.

Maybe if they'd given the diehard the right equipment in the first place, paid him appropriately and supported him in the job he was doing he might have been able to do it properly and wouldn't have gone onto pastures new.

Maybe if they'd given the diehard the right equipment in the first place, paid him appropriately and supported him in the job he was doing he might have been able to do it properly and wouldn't have gone onto pastures new.

Add that to the long list of failures on the media front from the club in the last decade.

Add that to the long list of failures on the media front from the club in the last decade.

That’s not how your original post came across, though. It came across as a swipe at the previous incumbent of the Media Officer’s position, in spite of his sterling efforts, which included extensive coverage of reserve games and interviews with them as well as the first team and putting his hand in his own pockets to buy equipment because the club wouldn’t support him.

You’re shifting the goalposts, here.

That’s not how your original post came across, though. It came across as a swipe at the previous incumbent of the Media Officer’s position, in spite of his sterling efforts, which included extensive coverage of reserve games and interviews with them as well as the first team and putting his hand in his own pockets to buy equipment because the club wouldn’t support him.

You’re shifting the goalposts, here.

It was a lighthearted dig at the interview from last week. In no way meant to belittle the efforts of the previous post holder, hadn't even entered my mind. He did a fantastic job especially considering he had the likes of Hawke to deal with.

I agree that being a competent host is far more important to the success of any club media content than being a true Morton fan, however you want to define that. It’s just a shame that the intended host made an utter arse of himself by dishing out a ‘unique’ (lol) ‘I had to support Celtic ‘cos my dad used to but youse are definitely my wee team now’ pitch towards his intended audience, while under no actual scrutiny at the time. Well I for one have no interest in being patronised in a (semi) official club capacity by someone whose supposed ‘big’ team, Balon d’Or candidate Virgil van Dijk in tow, lost to the worst Morton side in all recorded history in September 2013. Get in the sea.

A disinterested and professional host of a Morton podcast would be fine; this already badly ruffled chancer just doesn’t have what it takes.

In many ways having a non-fan could actually be an advantage, but this guy's already ensured I won't be listening by having an entitled attitude towards the actual Morton support. Not really interested in his weird mix of patronizing chat and aggression.

EOho8Pw.png

It was a lighthearted dig at the interview from last week. In no way meant to belittle the efforts of the previous post holder, hadn't even entered my mind. He did a fantastic job especially considering he had the likes of Hawke to deal with.

So who’s the “asking the right questions” jibe at? The current incumbent?

You could have Geoff Shreeves asking the questions and they’d still be the same- that’s how club media works, at every other club as well as Morton. It’s designed to show the club in the best possible light, not put folk under scrutiny in front of a public audience.

The equipment isn’t his fault either, it’s the responsibility of the club. Pretty sure Hopkin isn’t expected to bring his own cones and footballs to training every morning.

Archived