Liverpool hypocrisy? - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Liverpool hypocrisy?

Fair play to Liverpool for condemning a racist banner unveiled by some of their fans in Genk last night.... but isn't this the club whose players not so long ago wore t-shirts supporting Suarez when he was banned for racially abusing a fellow professional? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/divock-origi-banner-liverpool-fc-fan-identified-genk-racism-police-ucl-a9169721.html

Liverpool fans allocate blame, they do not receive it. If you disagree with them you probably buy the Sun.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Coincidentally, Patrice Evra was on Monday Night Football this week, and this very subject came up. Jamie Carragher was in the studio and was squirming heavily when trying to justify the actions of himself and his teammates. It was plainly obvious at the time that Liverpool didn't view Evra's racial abuse as anything other than a Liverpool vs Man U issue. It's also worth remembering that the tshirts were worn after Suarez would found guilty and banned. They're a truly odious football club, and cretins like Carragher typify their club's attitude.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

What about the t-shirts supporting a team mate who'd just been banned for racist abuse? Not the hallmark of a 'fantastic club' I'm afraid.

One extra large whoosh

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived