Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com
advertisement_alt

Morton Club Together Updates


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

As I said, the Rae acolytes are trying to run down the clock. They're not doing this in good faith - they're doing this because they know their terms are massively unreasonable, hugely unpopular with the fans, and not something any other party would agree to. Don't fall for it. Hold the line. The responsibility for this "disasterous period" lies 100% with the Rae family, nobody else, and if they don't want to fix it, the consequences belong to them.

This is such a bizarre fantasy.

  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kafka's head would be spinning at this. You're arguing that these proposals are designed to 'shield the stadium from creditors' when they consist of either the stadium being used as security for

Before getting into the lengthy wrongs and wrongs of this on GC's part, on a simple matter of fact, why are they talking about £2M being the figure of debt? As I understood it the debt was £2.5M when

Well this statement is not ageing particularly well, given that in spite of receiving a £500k taxpayer's grant for literally fuck-all, the current custodians of GMFC have in the following six weeks:

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cmdc said:

This is such a bizarre fantasy.

Not engaging with you, go away.

  • Upvote 1

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

As I said, the Rae acolytes are trying to run down the clock. They're not doing this in good faith - they're doing this because they know their terms are massively unreasonable, hugely unpopular with the fans, and not something any other party would agree to. Don't fall for it. Hold the line. The responsibility for this "disasterous period" lies 100% with the Rae family, nobody else, and if they don't want to fix it, the consequences belong to them.

And your big reveal is coming when.....let me know and I'll set ma alarm.

  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

And your big reveal is coming when.....let me know and I'll set ma alarm.

What?

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

I’m personally inclined to reject the entire premise of both options, but I also think the core point cmdc makes is an entirely reasonable one: for either of them to be credible even as propositions, we’d need a helluva lot more detail than we’ve been given.


The thing that concerns me most is that MCT are just rolling over and taking whatever rubbish GC peddle without any kind of questioning or scepticism, which is a staggering level of naivety given the Rae’s conduct at every previous turn. If we’re for a minute to countenance the prospect of them walking away with the stadium or leaving a highly suspect debt on the books, we at the very least need some indication of what kind of securities MCT would be insisting upon to protect the club from the Rae family.

MCT said last July they were looking into future ownership of the ground following the announcement of what is now known as Option 1. It must be recalled that Option 2 was announced on Valentine's Day: given that the ownership of the club was originally due to be passed in March 2021, that gives a maximum of 47 days to not only have such detail provided, but legally vetted, potentially revised, and signed in a legally-binding way in order to hit that timeline. Expecting a volunteer-based organization to turn such complexity around so quickly is, to put it mildly, optimistic. Or wildly cynical, depending on whether you're halfway up Crawford's hoop or not.

There's been dribs and drabs of clarity over Option 1 for months now, most notably in December, when MCT indicated that their own draft of the stadium agreement - one in which, quote, "future ownership of the ground is central to our negotiations on the terms of the lease" - was under review by Morton's advisors. MCT further pledged to update their membership and the club's wider support once this review process had been completed. Of course, no such clarity ever emerged, and the Valentine's Day statement reverted to the language of the possibility of such a clause, rather than the centrality of its requirement. So us plebs have no idea if Morton even read that draft agreement, much less disagreed to it, and now what was said by MCT to be a central requirement in December is now not presented in Option 1 as anything but a possibility. tl;dr version: we are now less clear on Option 1 than we were in December.

The entire game's a bogey. We're not getting details. Whether it's down to MCT or Morton is completely immaterial at this point: on the timeline given, it would be tremendously irresponsible for MCT to pick between these two options in the timescale of a month and a half, given that there is less detail than there was previously. The only reason to even countenance these two back-of-a-napkin "options" without page upon page of explanatory detail is if the buyer feels pressured to make a decision against a ticking clock.

Which is, of course, exactly what GC are counting on.

I've sought more detail when renting a car for fuck's sake, what's happening now is an absolute travesty. It needs to stop and GC can be told to go back to whoever they knocked back last July if they need a mug punter to fleece.

  • Upvote 1

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites

If none of the options presented are satisfactory, given all of the time that has passed, you must have another option.

Why else would anyone suggest that there is something better coming up Sinclair Street and is going save the day....It's just not going to happen.

Again, IMO we have reached an impasse and your either getting on the boat or your not.

As I said before, NOW is the time to act and put your support behind MCT, whatever way ownership is decided. If anyone decides not to move forward with the options presented, that's their choice.

IMO, time for talk, discussion and alternative ownership is over.  

 

  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

If none of the options presented are satisfactory, given all of the time that has passed, you must have another option.

Why else would anyone suggest that there is something better coming up Sinclair Street and is going save the day....It's just not going to happen.

Again, IMO we have reached an impasse and your either getting on the boat or your not.

As I said before, NOW is the time to act and put your support behind MCT, whatever way ownership is decided. If anyone decides not to move forward with the options presented, that's their choice.

IMO, time for talk, discussion and alternative ownership is over.  

 

Because that is the precise scenario MCT presented in July:

Quote

In recent months, negotiations had been ongoing between a third party and Golden Casket, with involvement from MCT, around a purchase of the football club. 

Despite the terms of that deal being much more financially beneficial to Golden Casket and the Rae family, an offer from the third party was rejected in favour of facilitating community ownership through MCT.

Given that MCT were involved in this process I have no reason to doubt the factual accuracy of this statement. This third party not only came up Sinclair Street, but was apparently told to go back the way he/she came. Accordingly, since the fixed assets of the club are the sticking point here, they should be called back, since seemingly they have deep pockets and an appetite for punishment.

Perhaps this mystery third party can take one of these two options, rather than MCT's doing so?

Edited by TRVMP
  • Upvote 1

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

MCT said last July they were looking into future ownership of the ground following the announcement of what is now known as Option 1. It must be recalled that Option 2 was announced on Valentine's Day: given that the ownership of the club was originally due to be passed in March 2021, that gives a maximum of 47 days to not only have such detail provided, but legally vetted, potentially revised, and signed in a legally-binding way in order to hit that timeline. Expecting a volunteer-based organization to turn such complexity around so quickly is, to put it mildly, optimistic. Or wildly cynical, depending on whether you're halfway up Crawford's hoop or not.

There's been dribs and drabs of clarity over Option 1 for months now, most notably in December, when MCT indicated that their own draft of the stadium agreement - one in which, quote, "future ownership of the ground is central to our negotiations on the terms of the lease" - was under review by Morton's advisors. MCT further pledged to update their membership and the club's wider support once this review process had been completed. Of course, no such clarity ever emerged, and the Valentine's Day statement reverted to the language of the possibility of such a clause, rather than the centrality of its requirement. So us plebs have no idea if Morton even read that draft agreement, much less disagreed to it, and now what was said by MCT to be a central requirement in December is now not presented in Option 1 as anything but a possibility. tl;dr version: we are now less clear on Option 1 than we were in December.

The entire game's a bogey. We're not getting details. Whether it's down to MCT or Morton is completely immaterial at this point: on the timeline given, it would be tremendously irresponsible for MCT to pick between these two options in the timescale of a month and a half, given that there is less detail than there was previously. The only reason to even countenance these two back-of-a-napkin "options" without page upon page of explanatory detail is if the buyer feels pressured to make a decision against a ticking clock.

Which is, of course, exactly what GC are counting on.

I've sought more detail when renting a car for fuck's sake, what's happening now is an absolute travesty. It needs to stop and GC can be told to go back to whoever they knocked back last July if they need a mug punter to fleece.

Wasn’t the March 2021 deadline about an agreement that MCT were financially viable owners (at which point, if not, there was a delay mechanism) rather than the point at which ownership changed hands? That’s how I read the original announcement.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cmdc said:

Wasn’t the March 2021 deadline about an agreement that MCT were financially viable owners (at which point, if not, there was a delay mechanism) rather than the point at which ownership changed hands? That’s how I read the original announcement.

If we sign Lionel Messi tomorrow he can't be registered until June. It doesn't mean we haven't signed him.

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EanieMeany said:

 

Well, yes. If we're to seriously consider the options, we'd need a lot more information; if we don't or can't get it for whatever reason, then they should be dismissed out of hand.

The fact that we've reached this stage with such little clarity - as you say, the picture is now murkier than it was months ago - doesn't reflect well on either party and adds valid grounds for scepticism over what MCT are capable of into mix. If we're going to be told these two options are what's on the table, it's really not a sign of devotion to the Raes to say we should be looking to find out what they really mean rather than the vague outlines that have been given.

*Which is also a perfectly valid option in itself, and would be my preferred one. I'm not for a minute here trying to defend the Raes and have zero desire to do so, but it's entirely reasonable to want to know what the options we've been given really entail of if MCT are seemingly happy enough to present them to us.

To be clear, I don't think it's a sign of devotion to the Raes to want more detail. In fact it'd be daft not to want more detail.

Where I think peoples' intentions become nefarious is when they say things like: well, these are the options and we're burning daylight so pick one or you're going to kill the club. Or if they completely disregard the huge domino-topple chain of events that have led us to this point. We're being held at gunpoint and told to pick what's behind a door because the Raes - not the fans, not MCT - have absolutely fucked the club, and have lied time and time again about the debt.

  • Upvote 1

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

If we sign Lionel Messi tomorrow he can't be registered until June. It doesn't mean we haven't signed him.

Right. But just to repeat what I said, wasn’t the March deadline about MCT proving financial viability rather than transferring ownership? In the former case there is still room for negotiations about the details of the transfer of ownership to be negotiated and concluded beyond that point.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cmdc said:

Right. But just to repeat what I said, wasn’t the March deadline about MCT proving financial viability rather than transferring ownership? In the former case there is still room for negotiations about the details of the transfer of ownership to be negotiated and concluded beyond that point.

I think that's a dangerous assumption to make, particularly given that surely financial viability is dependent in part - in fact, probably for the most part - on the financial terms of GC's separation. You can't demonstrate financial viability without first having a business model, and you can't have a business model without at least basic knowledge of your starting assets and obligations.

  • Upvote 1

The stadium was just resting in my account

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

 

Well, yes. If we're to seriously consider the options, we'd need a lot more information; if we don't or can't get it for whatever reason, then they should be dismissed out of hand.

The fact that we've reached this stage with such little clarity - as you say, the picture is now murkier than it was months ago - doesn't reflect well on either party and adds valid grounds for scepticism over what MCT are capable of into mix. If we're going to be told these two options are what's on the table, it's really not a sign of devotion to the Raes to say we should be looking to find out what they really mean rather than the vague outlines that have been given.

*Which is also a perfectly valid option in itself, and would be my preferred one. I'm not for a minute here trying to defend the Raes and have zero desire to do so, but it's entirely reasonable to want to know what the options we've been given really entail of if MCT are seemingly happy enough to present them to us.

It's not a finalised choice between two concrete options though: it is an indicative survey of which path negotiations should run down. I'm not expecting 100% clarity at this stage, but we should certainly expect cast-iron guarantees in anything that is put before MCT members to approve.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

 

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

I was talking about folk believing Crawford when someone mentioned the night in the gamble halls..

Fair enough, I misread that as a dig at MCT members.

  • Downvote 1
 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 


onsP5NR.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

The other option should be telling Crawford and GC to go fuck themselves. 

And then what, more bluster and allegations.

For fear of repeating masel again......we're past all that and none of the above is going to make an ounce of difference.

I

 

 

  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...