Morton Club Together Updates - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

My 'vastly improve' comment is based on the difference between whatever the budget is at the time of investment vs that +200k. Pbviously if Crawford cut the budget by 150k and we put in 200k that wouldn't do much.

Which given the club recorded a loss of over £200k and GC has chucked funding it any more, is going to be exactly the position we'd be in unless McKinnon can slash unnecessary costs from somewhere. So while the idea of fans buying in has many positives, a 'vast improvement' of the product on the park is not one of them right now, as we haven't actually been fielding Cham and and a bunch of other jobbers again like in 2013-14. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Which given the club recorded a loss of over £200k and GC has chucked funding it any more, is going to be exactly the position we'd be in unless McKinnon can slash unnecessary costs from somewhere. So while the idea of fans buying in has many positives, a 'vast improvement' of the product on the park is not one of them right now, as we haven't actually been fielding Cham and and a bunch of other jobbers again like in 2013-14.

It would be a vast improvement on a team 200k worse than last seasons, thats what I mean

'Chuck in an extra £200k a season to keep 2018/19's turgid dross instead of the next Cham' is really not a selling point though. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Capitanus is on the money here. Its a weak idea with very little for our money at the end of it. As he said in an earlier post, what happens if after the two years we're still in the same place? 15% gets you very little. A whopping £400k for 15% is laughable.

Upwards of 40% and it might be worth talking

I haven't even started on the percentages or valuations yet, Gordon.

What do you think he’s trying to do then? He’s clearly not taking people’s money and riding off into the sunset with it. You can take issue with how it’s structured, distributed etc but I don’t really see how you could say the guy has anything other than good intentions. He’d have literally nothing to gain.

I have never implied that Graham McLennan has anything other than good intentions nor have I implied that I suspect he is a dishonest person in any way, however I have stated that this idea is hairbrained on more than one occasion.

In the same respect, I do not doubt for a second that Robert Thomson is a person of good character and full of great intentions when he runs on the park, however the consensus is that he is not good enough. Get rid.

This idea is simply not good enough. To be put bluntly, Morton's supporters deserve better, especially if you are asking them to part with their hard earned cash. It should have been planned and thought through a lot more thoroughly before going public with the idea. The Daily Record should have been amongst the last to know, instead of the ordinary punters.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

Business experts everywhere.

It hardly takes an MBA or to be a great captain of industry like Ed de Ball to know that 'making sure the fucking pledge link works on your website' is critical before an organisation launches itself in a relative blaze of publicity. 

Edited by vikingTON
  • Upvote 2

Business experts everywhere.

See below.

It hardly takes an MBA or to be a great captain of industry like Ed de Ball to know that 'making sure the fucking pledge link works on your website' is critical before an organisation launches itself in a relative blaze of publicity.

Stick to laughing at Salty, it will at least save you a few quid. :)

*insert signature here*

Am I correct in thinking the sequence of events to join the scheme are:

1/ Make the Pledge through the online link

2/ Receive and review the T&C's and confirm any points that are unclear

3/ Decide whether or not you want to commit your cash to the scheme

If so then I don't think I'll do any major worrying until the point where I have to commit my cash.

If I'm really concerned at that point I will run the T&C's past my Solicitor.

• Downvote 1

Everyone can do as they please as far as this is concerned. It's not one for me, but anything that is aimed at doing good for Morton will get my best wishes, regardless of whether or not it has a less convincing case than an Asylum Seeker from Pakistan.

What I think is very patronising is people telling others to get behind this idea. Everyone should think for themselves, and nobody needs Andy Ritchie, Alan McGraw or Stuart Duncan to tell them what to do with their money.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Everyone can do as they please as far as this is concerned. It's not one for me, but anything that is aimed at doing good for Morton will get my best wishes, regardless of whether or not it has a less convincing case than an Asylum Seeker from Pakistan.

What I think is very patronising is people telling others to get behind this idea. Everyone should think for themselves, and nobody needs Andy Ritchie, Alan McGraw or Stuart Duncan to tell them what to do with their money.

Agreed, but you’ll always get a Lenny Henry, Jamie Oliver or similar fronting some appeal or other, this is no different.

If it were St Mirren or Partick Thistle you’d have Tony Fitzpatrick or Alan Rough doing the same thing.

Other schemes of this type already exist so I think calling the idea hairbrained is a little spurious. Nobody is telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, stop being so sensitive. 

• Downvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Other schemes of this type already exist so I think calling the idea hairbrained is a little spurious. Nobody is telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, stop being so sensitive.

To say anyone is being 'sensitive' is a bit spurious, isn't it?

Also, there are a few drum-bangers out there for this scheme already, telling people to get behind it when it currently has more questions than there are answers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

Also, there are a few drum-bangers out there for this scheme already, telling people to get behind it when it currently has more questions than there are answers.

I think there's a few on here who are on the leadership team.

...and people shouldn't do that just because you aren't convinced by the project?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange