Morton Club Together Updates - Page 112 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

Pretty sure Airdrie have got bespoke kits from Umbro so there’s no need to put up with the off the shelf template nonsense if we did go back to a brand name!

Plus with Umbro being a historic kit supplier for Morton there’s a possibility to get some decent retro gear produced!

I'm not dead against it and would love a bespoke umbro or adidas. Just think the last few have been decent and apparently sold well so curious to know whether they are best value for us. 

I might have got lucky on the quality of mine tbf. Had a few mates with complaints. 

I would like to see a bit of consistency with branding, etc. It looks a bad daft having hummel, 1874, etc and changing all the time never mind about 10 different versions of the badge. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I'm not dead against it and would love a bespoke umbro or adidas. Just think the last few have been decent and apparently sold well so curious to know whether they are best value for us. 

I might have got lucky on the quality of mine tbf. Had a few mates with complaints. 

I would like to see a bit of consistency with branding, etc. It looks a bad daft having hummel, 1874, etc and changing all the time never mind about 10 different versions of the badge. 

Yeah agreed I’d only go back to a big brand that would offer a bespoke design 

The best top I’ve had quality wise was the first pin stripe shirt. The current home top seems good material but things like the badge being wonky and the team wearing different versions where the hoops don’t match up rip my knitting! You wouldn’t get that crap with a established brand (you’d think)

here today, gone to hell

5 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

Pretty sure Airdrie have got bespoke kits from Umbro so there’s no need to put up with the off the shelf template nonsense if we did go back to a brand name!

Plus with Umbro being a historic kit supplier for Morton there’s a possibility to get some decent retro gear produced!

Umbro would be excellent 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bob_the_builder said:

Yeah agreed I’d only go back to a big brand that would offer a bespoke design 

The best top I’ve had quality wise was the first pin stripe shirt. The current home top seems good material but things like the badge being wonky and the team wearing different versions where the hoops don’t match up rip my knitting! You wouldn’t get that crap with a established brand (you’d think)

Not overly fussed about bespoke as long as it's good quality, decent design.

Not the worst template from the catalogue with iron on badges like we were served up by Hawke that led to the fallout.

On Umbro, I bought a generic blue and white hoops Umbro top last year, wear it all the time.

Would quite happily take Hamilton's Adidas in blue.

Copy-of-FIXTURES-3.png

Edited by Jamie_M

6 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not overly fussed about bespoke as long as it's good quality, decent design.

Not the worst template from the catalogue with iron on badges like we were served up by Hawke that led to the fallout.

On Umbro, I bought a generic blue and white hoops Umbro top last year, wear it all the time.

Would quite happily take Hamilton's Adidas in blue.

Copy-of-FIXTURES-3.png

Yeah that wouldn’t be bad but if quality is important to you I’d be wary of Adidas. Love their casual gear but I’ve not been impressed with the quality of recent Scotland tops. my last 2 are covered in bobbles and pulls and they’ve not exactly been through much

here today, gone to hell

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

I had included some real damning comments over the signing of a certain player and how it should never have happened, however no excerpts were included within the fan comments in the survey results.  Funny that, isn't it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

This is good work from MCT. The results document is excellent and it's clear that they're paying attention.

One interesting part, to me at least, is the "What's important to supporters" table. Financial stability and on-pitch success come first, developing youth players next, then everything else is pretty far behind.

I'm very pleased that there are concrete points to move forward with at the end of this, and I'm also pretty pleased that they've not shied away from putting some of the negative feedback in the presentation.

Of course it will all depend on the execution but this is promising.

EOho8Pw.png

Agreed, it’s a really well put together bit of work. Interesting that just 6% of the support is 20 or under (though you’d assume much of that’s down to fewer of them taking the time to fill out the survey) 

Probably isn’t too far off the actual %, we’ve got an ageing fanbase and converting young people into supporters over the last 20 years has been a real issue.

7 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Agreed, it’s a really well put together bit of work. Interesting that just 6% of the support is 20 or under (though you’d assume much of that’s down to fewer of them taking the time to fill out the survey) 

Probably isn’t too far off the actual %, we’ve got an ageing fanbase and converting young people into supporters over the last 20 years has been a real issue.

With the exception of some of the Youtube-friendly clubs, I think this is happening to every club in the UK. Older fans are dying out and new ones aren't coming to take their place. This is also happening at the playing level, where a lot of non-league, amateur, welfare etc. teams and even leagues are falling by the wayside.

I don't know the answer. If we tried to be Hashtag United or SE Dons or something it'd come across as forced and tryhard and wouldn't land.

Perhaps we just wait for the little scrotes to grow up and be less interested in chasing girls and drinking minimum-priced alcopops and settle into middle-aged boringness (such as watching provincial football clubs.)

EOho8Pw.png

This wee gem was included within the survey report:

Over 1,000 supporters fed their thoughts and opinions into the survey, giving a lot of valuable insights and data to analyse.

● 93% of supporters responding were male. 6% of supporters responding are 20-years-old or younger. There’s a suggested action to increase the diversity of the fanbase, and attract younger age groups to interact with the club and ultimately attend matches.

Are they for real?  They recruited a convicted sex offender and yet they are acting all surprised that only 7% of respondents to their supporters survey are female.  Perhaps its because female Morton supporters don't feel that their thoughts and feelings are welcomed or valued by the MCT.  There doesn't appear to be any female supporters on the club board, why is that?  There doesnt appear to be any female MCT office bearers, why is that?  There hasn't been any acknowledgement of supporters concerns about the signing of Alan Lithgow, they have done their best to skirt around that subject in the most calamitous manner, but they are acting all surprised that not many women are participating in their charade of a survey.  Can I suggest they look inward for the reason there.

If their is a 'suggested action to increase the diversity of the fanbase' then making Morton a friendly and welcoming place for females is a good place to start, and its one of the lower hanging fruits as ideas go, they should try doing that before they start plastering the place with rainbow flags and booking Aswad to play at half time.

*insert signature here*

A positive and something to work on. One surprise for me was the majority being indifferent about the merchandise on offer. 

As for your comments getting ignored Cap my attempts at constructive criticism are also to be found on the floor of the editing suite.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HamCam said:

A positive and something to work on. One surprise for me was the majority being indifferent about the merchandise on offer. 

As for your comments getting ignored Cap my attempts at constructive criticism are also to be found on the floor of the editing suite.

My comments were about the signing of a certain player who shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the club, so there is no surprise they were excluded.  It is immoral that a fan-owned football club wont face up to supporters concerns on the matter, despite being given many opportunities to do so, however here we are.

It may not be the biggest talking point amongst supporters now that we've got a new manager and had a few favourable results, but this issue wont go away as long as hes at the club, and for as long as those who sanctioned the transfer are still in the boardroom.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

Useful exercise in gauging who the fanbase is and what are the issues that require attention. Particularly pleased with the level of participation.

I'll be interested to see what kind of action plan follows and how we will measure success.

57 minutes ago, capitanus said:

This wee gem was included within the survey report:

Are they for real?  They recruited a convicted sex offender and yet they are acting all surprised that only 7% of respondents to their supporters survey are female.  Perhaps its because female Morton supporters don't feel that their thoughts and feelings are welcomed or valued by the MCT.  There doesn't appear to be any female supporters on the club board, why is that?  There doesnt appear to be any female MCT office bearers, why is that?  There hasn't been any acknowledgement of supporters concerns about the signing of Alan Lithgow, they have done their best to skirt around that subject in the most calamitous manner, but they are acting all surprised that not many women are participating in their charade of a survey.  Can I suggest they look inward for the reason there.

If their is a 'suggested action to increase the diversity of the fanbase' then making Morton a friendly and welcoming place for females is a good place to start, and its one of the lower hanging fruits as ideas go, they should try doing that before they start plastering the place with rainbow flags and booking Aswad to play at half time.

Seriously clutching at straws. 

• Upvote 2

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

With the exception of some of the Youtube-friendly clubs, I think this is happening to every club in the UK. Older fans are dying out and new ones aren't coming to take their place. This is also happening at the playing level, where a lot of non-league, amateur, welfare etc. teams and even leagues are falling by the wayside.

I don't know the answer. If we tried to be Hashtag United or SE Dons or something it'd come across as forced and tryhard and wouldn't land.

Perhaps we just wait for the little scrotes to grow up and be less interested in chasing girls and drinking minimum-priced alcopops and settle into middle-aged boringness (such as watching provincial football clubs.)

Aye, agree on that. I wonder how much Inverclyde’s socio-economic state factors in here as well. We’ll face many of the same challenges as other clubs, but probably always slightly worse.