Morton Club Together Updates - Page 111 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

14 hours ago, Toby said:

As far as I’m aware, Graham Barr, who is a director of Morton, but ludicrously not of MCT anymore, and lost Dean, Gerry and Alan from his comms team whilst on the MCT board because of their dissatisfaction with how things were going is responsible for the social media output.

In mentioning Barr’s name, I’d say he alluded to Morton’s role in this failing, if perhaps unintentionally.

I ask because I'm confused about how the club is run and I don't think that has been made clear by the club or MCT. Is MCT running the club on a day to day basis? I had assumed not, hence why there's a CEO and his staff and MCT say community owned not run, but then why is a club director responsible for social media output? Or is he not part of MCT anymore?

Who does the post-match interviews? And why don't we hear from players anymore? 

• Upvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

The content has been shit since Gerry stopped doing it tbh. This new guy seems to record things on a potato. We really suck on all content front and have done for years, the short sporadic improvements aside. 

There's no structure or continuity to our content. It appears flung together for the most part with little to no thought. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear members,

We hope you’re all well and enjoyed your festive period. 

Before Christmas, GMFC received an email from an individual representing an unknown consortium of businessmen. This email offered to invest money into upgrading Cappielow and its infrastructure, and in return be gifted ownership of the stadium and be given the shares to become majority shareholder in the football club. The proposed investment is much lower than the current value of Cappielow.

Had this offer been a credible one, MCT would have gone out to our members and sought their views on the matter. However, this offer is not deemed to be in the best interests of MCT, our members or the football club. The club would lose ownership of the stadium, the club would no longer be community owned and there would be no working capital invested into the football club. As the nominated representatives of the club majority shareholder, the MCT board can confirm it will not be progressing any further with this offer. 

If the club had received a credible offer then it would be put to you, our members, for your consideration

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

9 minutes ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Struggling to breathe hopefully.

Whoever was behind the email can't be playing with a full deck. How could they think their derisory offer would be in any way appealing to MCT/GMFC/Us?

Seems a bit strange. It's essentially a takeover bid with a promise to invest in the stadium. 

I'm guessing it wasn't a good offer but seems MCT have written the mail so it sounds like an investment rather than a bid which presumably would need to go to the members to vote on. 

8 hours ago, Cappiecat 1.2 said:

Struggling to breathe hopefully.

Whoever was behind the email can't be playing with a full deck. How could they think their derisory offer would be in any way appealing to MCT/GMFC/Us?

Well, the shite scheme that turned out to be MCT was deemed to be better than no scheme; hence why the golf club junta are in control with no accountability and signing perverts at a whim, and are banning those who are voicing their disquiet about this.

Hence why some other clique of 'businessmen' think they can take Morton off the hands of the same supporters who have allowed this to happen for a song.

Shiteshow incoming, folks.

*insert signature here*

20 hours ago, port-ton said:

Dear members,

We hope you’re all well and enjoyed your festive period. 

Before Christmas, GMFC received an email from an individual representing an unknown consortium of businessmen. This email offered to invest money into upgrading Cappielow and its infrastructure, and in return be gifted ownership of the stadium and be given the shares to become majority shareholder in the football club. The proposed investment is much lower than the current value of Cappielow.

Had this offer been a credible one, MCT would have gone out to our members and sought their views on the matter. However, this offer is not deemed to be in the best interests of MCT, our members or the football club. The club would lose ownership of the stadium, the club would no longer be community owned and there would be no working capital invested into the football club. As the nominated representatives of the club majority shareholder, the MCT board can confirm it will not be progressing any further with this offer. 

If the club had received a credible offer then it would be put to you, our members, for your consideration

Easedales?

Edited by Mr.Blue

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

That FOH want its members to chip in £2 million per year after becoming the 75% shareholder of the club is up there with Douglas Rae's 4,000 average attendances in the First Division whopper. That's on top of the season tickets that the majority of its members will be shelling out for, with no direct discount applied AFAIK. Two million pounds pretty much handed straight to Robbie Neilson/insert other dung manager here to fling at overpaid jobbers. 

No thanks (and not going to happen here anyway). The only way that MCT will retain ongoing subscriptions to anywhere near the same level as they have now is by offering tangible projects to invest in, not as a guilt trip exercise to pay for more glorified Herbalife salesmen. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

19 minutes ago, Toby said:

“Our friends at Foundation of Hearts”?

Where did this come from? This was a club who, in the last year and a half have thrown their toys out the pram, and tried to bully clubs like ourselves with their misplaced sense of injustice after their relegation; and a fanbase that organised boycotts of our streams in order to starve it of revenue only last season.

Prince Andrew’s got a more amiable friends list than MCT, it would appear.

I'm curious to know why an article about 'thu Hertz' would be considered to be 'well worth a read for all our members and the wider Morton Community too'.

Are they sending more of their nonces down this way?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*insert signature here*

Perhaps I'm being unduly critical, but there's very little in the way of "we've done this" in here once again. "We are aware we might need to consider improving the merchandise" for a start, which is alarmingly non-committal given that it took the club getting pelters before they bothered their arse to make a cursory mention of their shop on...erm...Christmas Eve, and yet again we're getting the griping about how they need to facilitate games. It's a fuckin football club mate, it's not an unexpected thing to have to do even if there are COVID issues. 

Anyway, on the plus side, at least these wee clips are being made one way or another, so fair play for that, but at the same time the club website still tells us our next game is away to Queen of the South on 1st December under the matches tab. A wee video is all well and good, but it means nothing if really, really basic things aren't being addressed.

Also, a genuine question: Chris Ross was appointed via a process to recruit a 30 hours per week General Manager, which was widely regarded as being a fairly unappealing prospect. If the role then became that of a CEO on full-time hours and a presumably wider remit and wage increase, perhaps it might have been worth advertising it again? Again, this is not at all meant to be a slight on Chris, but there could have been other, better candidates that would have applied on that basis but wouldn't have seen the initial role as a viable one. 

Edited by EanieMeany
  • Upvote 1

AWMSC

I'm glad they've got the away gym etc. sorted while keeping SS open. That's a fair achievement to call out since it's not something that just automatically happens. So fair play, good work. I'm sure this and the COVID rug-pull from the government has kept them busy so I do understand why there's still a lot of "looking ahead" here.

But again, acting like things like a merchandise push are some kind of arcane, optional thing when the entire point of MCT owning the club was, we could actually make a go of it and make some money and not be a hopeless basket case forever... we really have to be doing both of these things, both maximizing the regular revenue (tickets, streams, hospitality, merch, lottery etc.) and dealing with all the stuff that comes up. Doing one and not the other is just going to have us spinning our wheels.

So... this is a much better video than the last one, and I'm grateful for the hard work behind the scenes, but we have to start getting the basics right as well.

EOho8Pw.png

Better than last time but still a short video. Fine if we were getting them all the time but when they are so sporadic surely there's more to update on and depth to go into?

I don't exactly want to go back to the marathon Gerry shows with Dave McKinnon but we have significantly regressed in this area.

Anyway, main thing I took interest in from the video - tendering process for strips? Are we getting a proper kit manufacturer? Maybe I will be buying Morton strips again.

45 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Better than last time but still a short video. Fine if we were getting them all the time but when they are so sporadic surely there's more to update on and depth to go into?

I don't exactly want to go back to the marathon Gerry shows with Dave McKinnon but we have significantly regressed in this area.

Anyway, main thing I took interest in from the video - tendering process for strips? Are we getting a proper kit manufacturer? Maybe I will be buying Morton strips again.

I quite like the last few strips and not overly concerned about having a brand name. Would be interested to know if getting own own as opposed to a brand costs more. As far as I know we sold more of the fan designed tops then previous ones (at least for the first couple). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I quite like the last few strips and not overly concerned about having a brand name. Would be interested to know if getting own own as opposed to a brand costs more. As far as I know we sold more of the fan designed tops then previous ones (at least for the first couple). 

Design - agree. Quality - not for me.