Morton Club Together Updates - Page 110 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

If the training involves making Muirhead and co. volley medicine balls as punishment for their risible attitude then I'm all for it. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not sure what thread to put this in, but will stick it here as it relates to the overall running of the club.

Darren Young (or a source "close to" him) said in the Tele the other day that he applied for the job and was interviewed at the time MacPherson got the job, which raises a number of questions.

First, if there was an active recruitment process taking place, I'd suggest we shouldn't have to find out about it from an unsuccessful candidate months down the line. I get fan-owned doesn't mean fan-ran, but nonetheless it's a signifcant issue to keep quiet.

Second, my impression was that the club (whoever that is) identified Gus as a short-term candidate to see us through to the end of the season. It was bit of a surprise choice and came out of the blue, but on those terms it wasn't a bad call at the time.

The fact that it appears that a selection process took place changes the picture entirely though: Derek Young had done a by most accounts decent job in the league below us, whilst MacPherson had been out of the game for some time and performed disastrously in his last spell in our league. We don't know who else was in the running, but to take Gus over Young was a really bad choice, and makes giving him a 2 year extension seem even worse.

Identifying Gus as steady hand is one thing, but actively choosing him over a better option is another altogether.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

8 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I've heard a few reports of the club booking out Parklea for training on a Sunday after games, and even did so after playing Inverness away the other week. Not notifying the manager until last minute either.

They can count themselves lucky, as I'd have the first bus to Gullane Beach booked after yesterday.

Dear Members,

We can confirm that following the member vote on Friday 17th December, Stuart Duncan has been voted onto the MCT board.

309 valid votes were cast, with Stuart receiving 53% of them. We'd like to thank everyone for taking the time out of their day to vote, it being a vital part of our membership organisation. 

Stuart reacted, "I would like to thank all the members who participated in the vote for the vacant role of director at Morton Club Together.

I’m delighted to have been chosen. This is the culmination of a twenty year journey for me. I understand only too well the challenges we face as a club and an organisation but believe they are not insurmountable given we adopt the right attitude and plan going forward.

Lastly I’d like to pay tribute to the other candidate, Brian Gillan, who I know does a power of work volunteering at Cappielow."

Brian will be continuing in his hugely important role within MCT's community and volunteering team, and he continues to be a valued member of the team, as one of MCT's Associate Directors. 

The opportunity is open for any member to join the MCT team if you believe you have the time, skills and experience to help us on the community ownership journey. Please do get in touch if you'd like to join the team.

We'd like to congratulate Stuart and the MCT team looks forward to working with him. 
Thanks,

MCT Comms Team

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, MarTon80 said:

I'm sure it was Einstein that said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing continually but expecting a different outcome.

We will never move forward if we continue to appoint the same old faces. Especially if those faces have had countless previous opportunities to prove themselves. This is exactly the same kind of negative thinking that led to giving McPherson a 2 year deal after under achieving. This just reeks of zero ambition 

Congratulations to 9 Strathblane Crescent on whatever it was that you won.  It's not a seat on the board though, that other clique have got that well and truly sewn up for themselves. 

You don't fancy doing us another favour and organize another 'stars of 79' night? The last one was a fucking hoot. 

*insert signature here*

12 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Congratulations to 9 Strathblane Crescent on whatever it was that you won.  It's not a seat on the board though, that other clique have got that well and truly sewn up for themselves. 

You don't fancy doing us another favour and organize another 'stars of 79' night? The last one was a fucking hoot. 

You book the taxi and I will bring a bucket.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, EanieMeany said:

Not necessarily the biggest issue, but the video/sound quality in that post-match interview with Anderson is awful. People make full length films with a mobile phone these days, there’s no excuses for that kind of half-arsed shite.

Was going to the say the same thing. I've spoken on this thread a few times about social media output - that post match video is an embarrassment.  

Now been nearly two months since Graham Barr said social media output has to improve on the MCT Q&A. Still no improvements. 

I'm sure I've heard on here before that Jonathan Mitchell had to buy equipment out of his own pocket - I'm assuming the club are hanging the current social media guy out to dry as well. 

What do these guys do? Simple stuff that these keeps on being neglected.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DumfriesTon said:

Was going to the say the same thing. I've spoken on this thread a few times about social media output - that post match video is an embarrassment.  

Now been nearly two months since Graham Barr said social media output has to improve on the MCT Q&A. Still no improvements. 

I'm sure I've heard on here before that Jonathan Mitchell had to buy equipment out of his own pocket - I'm assuming the club are hanging the current social media guy out to dry as well. 

What do these guys do? Simple stuff that these keeps on being neglected.  

Is that MCT's fault, or is it the club's? What is the CEO doing? Isn't it his responsibility to run the club on a day-to-day basis, which in turn includes the social media/content output of the club?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

33 minutes ago, hayfever said:

Is that MCT's fault, or is it the club's? What is the CEO doing? Isn't it his responsibility to run the club on a day-to-day basis, which in turn includes the social media/content output of the club?

As far as I’m aware, Graham Barr, who is a director of Morton, but ludicrously not of MCT anymore, and lost Dean, Gerry and Alan from his comms team whilst on the MCT board because of their dissatisfaction with how things were going is responsible for the social media output.

In mentioning Barr’s name, I’d say he alluded to Morton’s role in this failing, if perhaps unintentionally.

16 hours ago, MarTon80 said:

I'm sure it was Einstein that said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing continually but expecting a different outcome.

We will never move forward if we continue to appoint the same old faces. Especially if those faces have had countless previous opportunities to prove themselves. This is exactly the same kind of negative thinking that led to giving McPherson a 2 year deal after under achieving. This just reeks of zero ambition 

Don’t think that’s fair. It’s open to anyone to stand. Two people did, and the members voted for them. If people want fresh faces the opportunity is there, but someone has to take it by putting themselves forward or encouraging others to stand. 

5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Whilst true, MCT should be strongly looking into why just a third of members engaged in the vote.

It was quite a difficult choice as both candidates spoke passionately about what they felt they could contribute to Morton. I went for the guy I thought had the fresher ideas but was outvoted.

8 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

It was quite a difficult choice as both candidates spoke passionately about what they felt they could contribute to Morton. I went for the guy I thought had the fresher ideas but was outvoted.

Given both candidates have been in with the bricks for many years and the successful candidate presided over the GMST shambles, I struggle to see how either could be viewed as some form of 'unity' candidate or be capable of offering up fresh ideas. Fair play to them both though for putting their heads above the parapet.

16 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Given both candidates have been in with the bricks for many years and the successful candidate presided over the GMST shambles, I struggle to see how either could be viewed as some form of 'unity' candidate or be capable of offering up fresh ideas. Fair play to them both though for putting their heads above the parapet.

For all of Stuart Duncan's flaws, I believe that he is a genuine Morton supporter and has the clubs best interest at heart.  It is also worth noting that the GMST was a well supported organisation up until the Stars of 79 fiasco, and that Mr Duncan also has previous experience as a director of Greenock Morton FC.

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree said:

Feel a bit for the guy who lost since he puts a lot of time into the club but felt he was a bit too much of a yes man man and was all out volunteering, etc. 

I think Stuart will be a bit more stubborn. Not everyone's cup of tea but I think every organisation needs someone that will challenge them from within. 

1 hour ago, Toby said:

My regret was that both couldn’t have lost, to be honest.

Well technically they both could have lost, if only there was a better candidate in the mix.  That is why some of the younger, more intelligent chaps need to step up to the plate.  

Anyway, I think the choice of candidate will explain the low participation in the voting, however its not that it really matters as its only to become a committee man for MCT, and his snout will not be at the big trough.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*