Morton Club Together Updates - Page 109 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

4 minutes ago, Madton said:

There's clearly an issue here as I've witnessed it recently too. Acting like teachers in detention. They spend half the match chasing wee boys about and moving them away from the front of the cowshed/Sinclair Street. 

Begs the question, why are kids not aloud to stand at the front anymore? It was part of my childhood  growing up, standing right behind the goal at Sinclair Street. As soon as a kid goes anywhere near it, stewards are there shouting at them like a Hitler youth rally. 

Just let them enjoy their day (as long as they are not being disruptive), last thing we need is putting kids off coming to games.

More than likely a health and safety directive in case they're hit with the ball ( I know you could be similarly hit no matter where you're standing)

In my day, you could stand against the wall as long as you didn't sit on it, or have your legs dangling pitch side of it.

• Like 1

The steward's are useless and so inconsistent. They pick and choose when to carry out their duties and when asked about this their usual replies are 'am only daein ma job' or 'its health and safety.' Heard it numerous times when asked by myself and others.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Im all for getting as many people into the ground as possible and agree as long as there is no problems being caused then let it be. If under 12’s are turning up without adults them maybe we should create an area for them like the far end of cowshed next to the wee dublin end.

Didn't think it was too bad and definitely their best PR move in a while. Thought it started off on a bit of a passive aggressive tone which was a bit jarring to start the first podcast with after months of communication issues, but as it went on it was interesting enough without being relevatory.

There's obviously going to be close links between the MCT board and the Morton board with MCT being the majority shareholder of the club so it doesn't surprise me that they're all aware of what's going on behind the scenes in terms of running the club, but I was happy enough with it being an MCT based podcast and have no doubt that there is work going on behind the scenes to engage with fans and improve membership numbers. 

All in all a good first step to communicating with members and potential members and hopefully it continues. 

Edit: as someone who was considering stopping my payment at the end of the year the podcast along with the removal of the manager has convinced me to continue contributing so I suppose that's job well done for them.

Edited by port-ton
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'm also fine with it being MCT-focused but this is exactly what happens in these situations every time unless it's nipped in the bud - the "firewall" between the two organizations (MCT and GMFC Ltd.) will be raised and lowered at will depending on what is convenient at the moment. Hiding behind things like employee confidentiality is just greasy.

• Upvote 2

EOho8Pw.png

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'm also fine with it being MCT-focused but this is exactly what happens in these situations every time unless it's nipped in the bud - the "firewall" between the two organizations (MCT and GMFC Ltd.) will be raised and lowered at will depending on what is convenient at the moment. Hiding behind things like employee confidentiality is just greasy.

Said it a few times but it's the bit between the two people are interested in. What happens at MCT doesn't really matter unless there's that influence on the club or holding it to account. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Said it a few times but it's the bit between the two people are interested in. What happens at MCT doesn't really matter unless there's that influence on the club or holding it to account. 

Yeah, given that we're just off the back of two decades of the club's largest shareholder basically running it as an autocracy, it doesn't really wash that MCT isn't "running the club."

If they want to have a certain structure in place that lets the GMFC board make strategic and tactical decisions without the membership breathing down their neck I think that is perfectly fine, reasonable even. But what I instead see happening is an inconsistency based on what's convenient for the moment, and that's not going to be sustainable if the membership is to feel their financial contributions valued going forward.

To put it another way: if they can't comment on employee confidentiality things, that's fine, but neither can the club. I don't think anyone would expect otherwise. But they can't just say "oh that's club business" on the one hand about anything else, such as the management of the first team, but also act like they're in with the bricks on everything else, unless this is made crystal clear and handled consistently.

Lots of having cake and eating it too is going on.

EOho8Pw.png

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I'm hard to please but I turned it off after three minutes. The main guy introduced it by saying - correctly - they're not going to talk about the running of Greenock Morton itself because community-owned doesn't mean community-run, and there are some things like employee rights and management that are the domain of Greenock Morton FC and not MCT. Fair enough. I think that's quite right.

Then the second guy says since he joined MCT he's been, quote, "surprised by some of the intricacies that are involved in actually running a football club."

So you're running the club now? But you still can't talk about it? So we'll hear all about how ace you guys are at running it, except when it comes to things people actually care about - like football - at which point, down come the shutters because MCT doesn't run the club.

I might go back and listen to it later but if this is the idea of attracting engagement they should get their story straight first.

Perhaps he meant because he's now involved in MCT - and speaks to MCT/club board members - it's given him an insight into what it takes to run a football club, which is more complicated than he'd imagined? 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

1 hour ago, hayfever said:

Perhaps he meant because he's now involved in MCT - and speaks to MCT/club board members - it's given him an insight into what it takes to run a football club, which is more complicated than he'd imagined? 

That's very possible. But in that case I'd prefer to hear from the people themselves and for these guys to do what they said they were going to do and stick to MCT stuff that's within their remit.

EOho8Pw.png

Aside from starting on a negative about what they will not talk about I thought for a first podcast it was an interesting enough insight. A long way to go though to rebuild trust and confidence in MCT. Sad to say, I now do not have any Morton supporting family and/or friends who are members of MCT. 

3 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Aside from starting on a negative about what they will not talk about I thought for a first podcast it was an interesting enough insight. A long way to go though to rebuild trust and confidence in MCT. Sad to say, I now do not have any Morton supporting family and/or friends who are members of MCT. 

Stop tying to pretend you have friends