Morton Club Together Updates - Page 103 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

9 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Will MCT be tolerating discussion of a club employee whose clownshoes decision-making will get us relegated the season anytime soon? 

I'd like full disclosure on how the decision to offer a two year deal was arrived at, so that I know who to blacklist for all future MCT elections to the board.

And we should also turn our attention to those on the GMFC board, whose track record in decision-making that affects the first team has been utterly disastrous. 

If fan ownership is to mean anything, it means accountability for the decisions made by representatives. 

After his “alleged” treatment of a journalist at Links Park in May, I’d suggest blacklisting Mr. Ritchie even before considering the decision making process on senior appointments and contracts.

Given that he’s not actually employee, MCT have also been very quiet on that particular issue. It’s almost as if it didn’t happen.

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, HamCam said:

For an organisation intending to move on from the past MCT continue to operate much as before under the Raes. The promised communication and transparency appear to be only on their terms and the understanding no-one has the temerity to ask any difficult or unwanted questions. The decision-making process behind the Lithgow issue and the two-year 'stability' management contracts could and should have been dealt with so much better. Putting your head in the sand is not an effective strategy.

MCT rightly gained credit for buying out the Raes but much like previous fan involvement in the club it appears to be turning in on itself. I never bought in to MCT but do pay the monthly sums for my two boys. The intention was to join through the positive actions of MCT but, to date, I am not persuaded rather leaning towards stopping the contributions. 

That will sound the death knell of the club. If people do that the club will quickly go into administration and eventually liquidation.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

44 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

That will sound the death knell of the club. If people do that the club will quickly go into administration and eventually liquidation.

So basically the current board have us by the short and curlys?  Stop/don’t contribute and keep them in place or the clubs gone?

I’ll be honest I haven’t joined MCT yet and won’t the way things are going. I was sceptical in the beginning as I saw it as basically the Rae’s getting the fans to pay for the upkeep of the club saving them money.

I’m looking at this board and with the exception of Graham Barr who at least has some sporting background, wtaf do any of the other board members bring relevant to running a football club?!  2 of them have been there for 7 odd years and as far as I can see have contributed SFA?  Especially one who’s main remit according to Hawke was financial sustainability!

• Upvote 2

here today, gone to hell

17 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

So basically the current board have us by the short and curlys?  Stop/don’t contribute and keep them in place or the clubs gone?

I’ll be honest I haven’t joined MCT yet and won’t the way things are going. I was sceptical in the beginning as I saw it as basically the Rae’s getting the fans to pay for the upkeep of the club saving them money.

I’m looking at this board and with the exception of Graham Barr who at least has some sporting background, wtaf do any of the other board members bring relevant to running a football club?!  2 of them have been there for 7 odd years and as far as I can see have contributed SFA?  Especially one who’s main remit according to Hawke was financial sustainability!

Maybe you could go for the vacant place on the MCT board and try to influence things? 

58 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

The club is debt free, with no creditors except the players, maybe the league and some expenditure for running costs.  They have income besides MCT donations, so why would the club go 'quickly into administration and eventually liquidation' as you have stated?

It is worth reminding people that is effectively what their MCT payments are - a donation - which is dependent on the goodwill of the donor towards the recipient.  If a person or persons within the recipient organisation are abusing the trust in the relationship or acting in a way that is not to the liking of the donor, then the donor reserves the right to withhold their donation.  These 'committee men' types don't want the death of the club on their hands, as they'll lose all bragging rights down their Ludge and their Golf Club if that were to happen.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

8 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Indeed. If the club is properly managed the MCT contribution should only make up a small percentage of the total income. If that's not the case and we are in fact dependent MCT subsidies for survival, then we're already well and truly fucked.  

Exactly, it's money supposed to be used to cover the shortfalls if anything.  In the early days of MCT the flaws became apparent whenever David Hopkin signed countless outfield players but made no adequate provisions for Goalkeeper cover.  A donation to MCT can be spunked away whatever way they want basically.  Therefore it is incumbent for MCT members or 'donors' to stop contributions if they don't like the way things are being run.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

1 hour ago, bob_the_builder said:

I don’t know the first thing about running a football club (hence why I’m saying we need people who do) but I’m sure if I joined and my first suggestion was “you all don’t know what you’re doing! GTF” I would be everyone’s best friend!

Still, great idea though! 

Maybe someone saying that is what's needed. And MCT are separate from the club anyway so you wouldn't be running the club - you'd be partly responsible for appointing who is and influencing that side. 

Edited by irnbru

2 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

More realistically the club would go down because the current custodians continued to over-promise but under-deliver resulting in members turning off contributions, less punters through the door and an inability to maximise alternative income streams. MCT has already established itself as an organisation who maintains communication and transparency are key but only on the basis no-one asks difficult questions. As for ambition targeting 8th in the league is an own goal. 

1 hour ago, Toby said:

This, incidentally is something that could cost the club a fine in a few weeks. I read recently that one of the non-league clubs was given a suspended punishment for not listing a reserve goalkeeper for their Scottish Cup tie this season.

Can we assume that those running the club know that they’re required to have two goalkeepers in their playing squad for Scottish Cup games?

Absolutely not!

TIME FOR CHANGE!

2 hours ago, capitanus said:

The club is debt free, with no creditors except the players, maybe the league and some expenditure for running costs.  They have income besides MCT donations, so why would the club go 'quickly into administration and eventually liquidation' as you have stated?

It is worth reminding people that is effectively what their MCT payments are - a donation - which is dependent on the goodwill of the donor towards the recipient.  If a person or persons within the recipient organisation are abusing the trust in the relationship or acting in a way that is not to the liking of the donor, then the donor reserves the right to withhold their donation.  These 'committee men' types don't want the death of the club on their hands, as they'll lose all bragging rights down their Ludge and their Golf Club if that were to happen.

I don't see that as a helpful way of viewing what a subscription is - it should be capital investment which is used to help build the club's infrastructure. It should be completely separate from the running of the first team squad, which as you say can be funded from season tickets, league prize money, sponsorship and commercial revenue. Not to mention the taxpayer money that the club is sitting on from last season's farce of a campaign across the Scottish leagues. 

If MCT does not clearly distinguish the purpose of a subscription from the first team affairs of the club then the scheme is bound to fail. The leadership needs to get out soon and explain what they are going to do off the park to improve the club. That is something that most of not all supporters can get behind: they are not going to fork out for a Gus (or any other manager's) transfer kitty. 

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are