Morton Club Together Updates - Page 100 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

Upon revealing? What the MCT team think they'd be asked I wonder? This is not a good look tbh. If they're happy to answer questions (some questions) via a 'feedback loop' they should be happy to have someone answer them publicly on the podcast.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I don't think any company should be answering questions regarding the hiring of someone with a criminal record etc, but questions about the manager should be fair game, even if they give answers the fans don't want to hear. 

These board members need to be willing to put themselves in uncomfortable situations because the goodwill built up from the takeover has long since eroded as they stumble from one mis-step to another. 

I've went from excited to disappointed to angry at how the club is being run and we are only in November, the next stage for me is apathy and that's the stage when MCT should really worry about with regards to fans. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Yeah I’m not impressed with that at all. At the very least, some sort of blanket statement about Lithgow (which would look ridiculous this late on but hey ho) would’ve helped. Avoiding questions about it entirely is a dreadful look. 

14 minutes ago, Hej said:

Bored beyond tears to be still hearing about people banging the Lithgow drum in November tbh

Which is fair enough, but it's now well enough established that, for whatever reason, the club's reluctance to go on the record about this is at cross-purposes with their stated aim of being more responsive. An entire podcast that they signed up for is cancelled because they don't want to speak about employees. Right, fine. Now what, when someone wants to know about an employee? Is that the cast-iron policy going forward? Does it apply to the club Board or just to MCT?

I'm sure the shan, not-at-all-back-of-a-fag-packet "Feedback Loop" will have all these answers and more, when it's convenient.

edit: To reiterate, I'm fine with Lithgow being here. What I'm not fine with is MCT using him as a shield to help the club's Board dodge their responsibility to the club's owners, namely the MCT membership.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

Would have preferred that the board members addressed the Lithgow question politically on air and in general terms of employees with criminal offences. Some People wouldn't like the answer but it's much better to face a question and front up why you won't answer than refuse to answer it in the pre screening stage. 

Feel like a compromise could have been made between the podcast and the board members as there are so many questions needing answered that I personally would rather MCT be pressed on from outside sources rather than answering it without the chance of any follow up questions. 

The people who care about the Lithgow situation clearly care about it passionately, but there are many questions regarding MCT's running of the club that every single fan cares about and answers are needed urgently. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

15 minutes ago, Hej said:

Bored beyond tears to be still hearing about people banging the Lithgow drum in November tbh

Wouldn’t say I’m one of them, but I’d have no issue with any supporter still uneasy about the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Hej said:

This. I find the whole releasing statements etc really cringeworthy, tbh.

They fucked up not addressing it earlier but there's an element of folk making a song and dance about not much. It happened over a decade ago, he's been employed since and is presumably remorseful and has had to live with his actions since.

• Upvote 2

TIME FOR CHANGE!

1 minute ago, TONofmemories said:

They fucked up not addressing it earlier but there's an element of folk making a song and dance about not much. It happened over a decade ago, he's been employed since and is presumably remorseful and has had to live with his actions since.

I couldn't give a fuck about Lithgow in all honesty.  I don't understand how anyone can get so worked up about it after so much time.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

I couldn't give a fuck about Lithgow in all honesty.  I don't understand how anyone can get so worked up about it after so much time.  

Agree entirely. It really is cringe now the amount of drain circling that's going on. Releasing statements is heavy rangers behaviour. It's sad how consuming this is for some.

Get over it, girls 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

15 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

“Presumably” being the key word there. There’s been zero effort to communicate that, or respond when asked to communicate that. Releasing statements about any old shit is needless and should be avoided, but something like that (under fan ownership especially) required a bit of clarity. 

There is multiple ways MCT could’ve addressed the topic without getting into the nitty gritty of it. Simply refusing to acknowledge it once again is embarrassing regardless of your own opinions of the player. They’re wanting the glitz and glamour of running the club but seem to be hiding when it comes to the issues at hand.

Have MCT provided any example yet that they can be trusted to run a football club?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

There is multiple ways MCT could’ve addressed the topic without getting into the nitty gritty of it. Simply refusing to acknowledge it once again is embarrassing regardless of your own opinions of the player. They’re wanting the glitz and glamour of running the club but seem to be hiding when it comes to the issues at hand.

Have MCT provided any example yet that they can be trusted to run a football club?

Not arguing the point about transparency but I think it's important that any argument is about some MCT/ GMFC board members and not the MCT as a whole or concept. 

It's only a month or so since there was a vote on three new positions where anyone could have stood. In fact, there's a space on the board available now so it will be interesting to see if anyone steps up to try and challenge from within...