Morton Club Together Updates - Page 95 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

14 minutes ago, Waverley said:

i don't know what the division of roles and responsibilities are between MCT and GMFC, but I suggest that some of these football questions should be answered by GMFC, not MCT.

At the end of the day, any business needs to answer to their shareholders.

In this case the members are the shareholders and MCT should be the collective voice. If the club isn't accountable to the shareholders then the whole thing fails. 

9 minutes ago, irnbru said:

At the end of the day, any business needs to answer to their shareholders.

In this case the members are the shareholders and MCT should be the collective voice. If the club isn't accountable to the shareholders then the whole thing fails. 

Wrong. 

In this case, MCT are the shareholders of the club and the 'members' are merely the people funding MCT.  

*insert signature here*

23 hours ago, capitanus said:

Wrong. 

In this case, MCT are the shareholders of the club and the 'members' are merely the people funding MCT.  

MCT do not have carte blanche to do as they please. The use of the word "merely" implies that the members have no control which is far from the truth. MCT have freedom to make decisions on a day to day basis but control ultimately lies with its members. That's why you have Rules and Articles of Association. 

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Emailed MCT this morning with a few concerns and awaiting a reply. Surely they have to take notice of the grumbles on here and at games? I'm sure I'm not the first to email either.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

10 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

MCT do not have carte blanche to do as they please. The use of the word "merely" implies that the members have no control which is far from the truth. MCT have freedom to make decisions on a day to day basis but control ultimately lies with its members. That's why you have Rules and Articles of Association. 

I'm sure i'm not the only one who understood none of that. 

There are no shortage of 'members' who have voiced their unhappiness on here about things at both MCT and GMFC, but they don't seem to be empowered to be able to change things.  However the small group of people from MCT who have been appointed to the board of GMFC have acted as though they have 'carte blanche to do as they please' on several occasions now, whilst not condescending to explain controversial decisions like awarding a two year fixed term contract to an interim management team, or worse still, signing a convicted sex offender against the wishes of a sizeable amount of the support.

Any supporter who thinks it is some fan-owned democracy that they are contributing to right now is seriously deluded.   Our club has been taken over by a clique of strangers who have hoodwinked the supporters into bankrolling them.

*insert signature here*

Ironically enough, MCT getting rid of Gus and co would be one of the best things they've done since coming in. I fail to see much more good at present. 

Time it may take, but there are several things/people that should/could have been implemented already, such as some sort of dedicated media person with a clear and defined remit and structure to their tasks to make us look a tinyyyyyy bit less clown car like. 

Edited by TONofmemories

TIME FOR CHANGE!

11 hours ago, capitanus said:

I'm sure i'm not the only one who understood none of that. 

There are no shortage of 'members' who have voiced their unhappiness on here about things at both MCT and GMFC, but they don't seem to be empowered to be able to change things.  However the small group of people from MCT who have been appointed to the board of GMFC have acted as though they have 'carte blanche to do as they please' on several occasions now, whilst not condescending to explain controversial decisions like awarding a two year fixed term contract to an interim management team, or worse still, signing a convicted sex offender against the wishes of a sizeable amount of the support.

Any supporter who thinks it is some fan-owned democracy that they are contributing to right now is seriously deluded.   Our club has been taken over by a clique of strangers who have hoodwinked the supporters into bankrolling them.

There is an easy answer to that. If you don't like who's in control and running things vote them out of office. That's how it works. But I shall point out one thing where you do have it right. There is no provision in the Articles of Association (Rules) for the members to call a Special General Meeting which in my opinion is an oversight.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

I've got some concerns surrounding last night's match that I think are worth looking into.

First of all, a boy I was speaking to had got a comp from someone at the club before kick off and was refused entry at the Cowshed turnstiles and told he had to sit in the stand, before returning to the ticket kiosk and get it swapped for one that would get him into the shed.

A couple of issues with this- I get that it's the done thing in football, and I've benefitted in the past and will probably benefit at some point in the future from this. But the club's owners are shelling out £245 a season/£20 a game to watch Morton, whilst players/officials' pals are getting in for hee haw, whilst the club pleads poverty. Perhaps limiting this might go some way to improving the bank balance?

And also, if you're going to give out free tickets for a game in a ground which is 20% full, is there any need to be so stringent with segregating fans who support the same club? It only goes to piss off fans and comes across as if the club are deliberately going out their way to make things difficult for folk. There's no need.

I was more concerned however with the stewarding towards the segregation fences in the Cowshed though. It was great to see so many weans at the game, and particularly because so many of them were cutting about in the Joma Morton trackie tops. Possibly a sign of the club's community work bearing fruit. However, at one point in the first half, a young lad, no more than 11 years old, was frog marched past me by a steward, with his pals in tow protesting his innocence or begging for leniency. The pals returned, but not the boy who was the subject of the steward's attention. I don't doubt the kid was probably misbehaving, but what actually happened to him? Was he taken to a quieter part of the ground and supervised by a steward? This would appear to be a pointless waste of resources for a pretty harmless wee kid. Were his parents contacted to collect him? Or, was he ejected from the ground and forced to fend for himself? I certainly hope it wasn't the latter, but suspect it may well be.

Of course I've got no issues with adults being ejected if they can't behave themselves, but if I were the parent of a kid that was flung onto the street alone on a dark, rainy Tuesday night in October, I'd be wanting answers.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MCT Team said:

I’ve checked in with the club on this. They’re required to give out a certain amount of comp tickets for every match, they mainly go to the families of players from both teams. There hadn’t been any feedback given internally on that specific example you mentioned unfortunately so I can’t give any more than that general point around comps. 

Two young children were throwing bottles at Thistle fans, were asked to stop, didn’t and were removed from the Cowshed and taken to the safety office. Their parents were called and they arrived to collect them. 

Hope that helps! Thanks for flagging.  

That’s all fair enough.

1 hour ago, MCT Team said:

I’ve checked in with the club on this. They’re required to give out a certain amount of comp tickets for every match, they mainly go to the families of players from both teams. There hadn’t been any feedback given internally on that specific example you mentioned unfortunately so I can’t give any more than that general point around comps. 

Two young children were throwing bottles at Thistle fans, were asked to stop, didn’t and were removed from the Cowshed and taken to the safety office. Their parents were called and they arrived to collect them. 

Hope that helps! Thanks for flagging.  

That surely raises another question though, how did they get the bottles in?

There was a boy about 15 quite openly drinking a can of cider in the toilets behind the shed at halftime.

Stewards maybe have to be doing more perhaps.

Edited by The Bewilderedbeast

6 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

There was a boy about 15 quite openly drinking a can of cider in the toilets behind the shed at halftime.

Think they were too busy confiscating umbrellas last night.

5 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Hidden out of sight from the stewards i presume.

As for the boy with the can of jakey juice in the lavvies....

:lol: :lol: 

*insert signature here*